Hilton Manchester Deansgate
$140
$131
Agoda.com
4,746 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecloud barpodium restaurantfloor to ceiling windowscocktail barafternoon teahigh floorbirthday treatstandard roomcity centremodern hotelsaturday nightcooked breakfastfull englishfollowing morningstayed for one nightclouds
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed here. I was welcomed outside when arrived by car. The staff carried my bags in and took them to my room, The porters/door staff at this hotel are very good, helpful and friendly. The hotel is modern and the room very nice and comfortable with a large tv. I have included some pictures of my room and the view.
The biggest gripe about this hotel is the £15 a day internet charge, which considering the premium prices you pay for your room is a disgrace. The price is not transparent as suggested. Having checked the Hilton website for this hotel I could not see the internet charges. Sort it out other Hilton hotels don't charge, why do you?
Also had breakfest included, the service was poor; and all they had to was bring me a coffee as it was self service.
If you are staying and make sure you get breafest included in your rate otherwise you will pay £17.95 for breakfest. Breakfest was certainly not worth that, most of the food was luke warm. I have had a lot better for half the price.
Overall one of the better Hotels in Manchester, but let down by a couple of things.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us recently and I am delighted that you received an excellent welcome on your arrival at the hotel. I am really pleased that you found your guest room to be modern and comfortable.

I appreciate your comment relating to charges for WIFI and I truly do believe that we are transparent with regards to our charges. We are competitively priced with other city centre hotels with regards to WIFI charges.

I am sorry that you encountered poor service during breakfast. I can assure you that shared your feedback with our Restaurant Manager who has in turn addressed her team in this aspect of our service.

I do hope that your return to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

While the Hilton Manchester Deansgate is not the worst place a traveller could stay, it certainly isn't a great experience either. My husband and I travelled to Manchester for business and a fun night out so we researched the area and reserved this property due to the Hilton reputation and the location. We arrived and checked in about 30 minutes before check in but were running late to an appointment. We quickly put our luggage in our room and left. Upon returning back to our room, we noticed many things that were not acceptable. There were stains on the carpet, a nasty stain on the duvet cover and even dark scuff marks all over the light wood headboard. The wall paper was torn in some places, windows were filthy and the lighting was terrible. Having had keys to the room for many hours at that point, we didn't feel right asking for a new room but we photographed the details so we could address the issues with the manager. We felt like we paid quite a bit more than we should have for a room that just wasn't maintained. The Hilton Manchester staff were outstanding and the bar was a fun place to have drinks but I would not recommend this property to anyone unless it was deeply discounted. We discussed the problem with the manager who did not seem to be concerned. When we arrived home, I also contacted Hilton (not just the specific property manager). I offered to send photos as evidence of proof and so they would know what to attend to but a week later, I never heard back. Unfortunately, I feel like this experience will taint the Hilton name for future trips.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor for excellent views of Manchester
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan W
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for offering your feedback.

I am pleased that we were able to offer you an early check in to enhance your stay. I am only sorry that your room was not to standard on for your arrival. I am disappointed to read your comments and I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail the cleanliness and repair of your room. This has been addressed so that it does not recur.

I am thrilled to learn that you found all team members to be outstanding and always willing to assist and I do hope that you return to stay with us to encounter a more positive experience.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here for business over a 6 month period and found the rooms very comfortable, clean and of a high standard. The staff were always friendly and helpful and the executive lounge and Cloud 23 bar had amazing views over Manchester. I'd definitely stay here again if I was to travel to Manchester.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift if you don't want to hear the lift going up and down,
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Guest

It has been our pleasure to have you stay with us over the past months.

I am thrilled that you continue to enjoy your stays with us and I am really pleased that you always have a comfortable stay.

I certainly hope that you choose to stay with us again when business brings you to Manchester or indeed on a leisure stay.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate a belated wedding anniversary. From the time we checked in our experience was nothing short of excellent. Although we arrived earlier than the stated check in time, our room was ready for us. The reception staff were helpful and attentive.

Our room was extremely well appointed with everything we could have wanted, including bath robes and toiletries, bottled water and biscuits, along with the usual tea and coffee making facilities.

The executive lounge was a wonderful treat - the canapes and drinks were a nice touch, and started the evening off well for us, though as we had booked a table in the restaurant later, we didn't go overboard.

The food in the restaurant was among the best I've ever had and the staff were chatty without being overbearing and intrusive.

Breakfast was busy, but we were shown to a table straight away. All the usual choices of food awaited us, and everything we had was delicious and well cooked.

The pool and sauna were a great relaxation, especially being able to look down on the drizzly Manchester rush-hour. How luxurious!!

Overall, I don't think I can find fault with this hotel. The staff were amongst the best I've encountered in any hotel here or abroad. Well done!

I can't wait to find an excuse to come back - I'd book tomorrow if I could, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone!!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 20th floor - lovely views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us, we are delighted to receive them.

I am absolutely delighted that you were able to stay with us to celebrate a belated wedding anniversary; it was our pleasure to be part of your celebrations.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our Executive Lounge and that you had the time to use our leisure facilities.

Thank you for visiting Podium Restaurant during your stay and I am delighted that the food served to you was fantastic. We are very fortunate to have a highly skilled kitchen team who create wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy.

I am so pleased that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be welcoming and accommodating and that looked after you during your stay.

My team and I look forward to your next visit, which I hope will be very soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I planned a night out in Manchester and we stayed at the Hilton because we wanted to try out the Cloud Bar and it is in a great location. Unfortunately we did have to pick a date when the Cloud and Podium bars were being refurbished! Bit disappointing but still an excellent hotel.

We stayed in an executive room which was absolutely lovely. We did not realise on booking but as we had booked and executive room we were invited for drinks and canopies between 5pm – 8pm. We popped in to see what it was like on our way out, the wine was nice and the food was really great.

Our room was really high up with a lovely view; I think it was around the 20th floor. The room was cosy, well-furnished and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was really nicely done with superb toiletries.

If travelling by car, parking is right across from the Hotel and works out about £18 per night. I would go again but would definitely check if there were any refurbishments planned before I book!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen W

Dear Guest

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us recently, it was our pleasure to have you with us.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us and that the guest room allocated to you offered you all of the amenities you needed for a comfortable stay and that you were able to enjoy the wonderful views.

I am sorry that you were unable to gain access to our 23rd floor Cloud 23 bar during your visit. Cloud 23 will re-open late October and I hope that you will be able to visit the bar once refurbishments are complete.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed our Executive Lounge offerings breakfast and we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.