“Would have rated excellent of the Cloud Bar had been open!”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #42 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Would have rated excellent of the Cloud Bar had been open!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I planned a night out in Manchester and we stayed at the Hilton because we wanted to try out the Cloud Bar and it is in a great location. Unfortunately we did have to pick a date when the Cloud and Podium bars were being refurbished! Bit disappointing but still an excellent hotel.

We stayed in an executive room which was absolutely lovely. We did not realise on booking but as we had booked and executive room we were invited for drinks and canopies between 5pm – 8pm. We popped in to see what it was like on our way out, the wine was nice and the food was really great.

Our room was really high up with a lovely view; I think it was around the 20th floor. The room was cosy, well-furnished and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was really nicely done with superb toiletries.

If travelling by car, parking is right across from the Hotel and works out about £18 per night. I would go again but would definitely check if there were any refurbishments planned before I book!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen W
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us recently, it was our pleasure to have you with us.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us and that the guest room allocated to you offered you all of the amenities you needed for a comfortable stay and that you were able to enjoy the wonderful views.

I am sorry that you were unable to gain access to our 23rd floor Cloud 23 bar during your visit. Cloud 23 will re-open late October and I hope that you will be able to visit the bar once refurbishments are complete.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed our Executive Lounge offerings breakfast and we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

John McLaughlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The reason for my visit here was to attend a business event and subsequent meetings - which it was perfect for.

The quality of the surroundings, facilities and the rooms was top notch. The room itself was very comfortable, quiet and well appointed. Everything spotlessly clean.

Service from staff members was attentive and friendly.

I had no issues with parking opposite, there was adequate space and less than 2 minutes to walk to the hotel.

A couple of minus points......the cost of drinks, which I felt we're expensive, and isn't it about time wifi is free? A the very least, a small cost may be acceptable, but certainly not the high cost as it is here.

The area Immediately around the hotel is nothing to write home about, but there's a good choice of amenities within good reach of the hotel.

Quality of the food was very good and the restaurant area comfortable.

At £165 my opinion is it is a bit top heavy on cost. Especially in the current climate - even for business.

In summary; this is a high quality hotel offering very comfortable surroundings and, based on this visit, good service levels.

Room Tip: I was on the 12th floor. Superb view over the city.....especially at night.
Dear Guest

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us recently.

It is great to know that you found the hotel comfortable for your needs.

Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and I am pleased to be able to confirm that Hilton Manchester Deansgate is competitively priced with other hotels in the city with regards to room rates, bar charges and WIFI.

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback relating to our team members, they have certainly been given visibility of your comments, as they serve as a great motivator.

I do hope that your travel plans bring you back to Manchester when we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I love this place. Great rooms, great views, nice restaurant, attentive staff. All in all very comfortable. Nothing to criticise except the extortionate wifi charges. £15 a day! Total robbery and when you pay a premium for the rooms it is just appalling. This should really be included as it is principally a business hotel. Takes the edge off the place.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone following your stay with us at the weekend.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, our service, offerings and indeed our friendly and helpful team members.

Hilton Worldwide is delighted to be able to offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Something you can now enjoy in all Hilton Hotels. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges and we are unable to alter this at hotel level, however I can assure you that we are competitively priced with other hotels in the city.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again very soon.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a lot - i am a gold card member so use Hilton's all over the UK. i have never had anything other thn a great stay here. the rooms are great, with lovely views. The gym and pool are good, and the business lounge excellent.

cannot understand the comments about dirty sheets etc by some here - this hotel is impeccable

only negatives are the price of drinks in the bar and the 'nibbles' in the business lounge - not great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honours member and returning to stay with the brand.

I am delighted that you continue to enjoy your stays with us and that you found our facilities and service to be excellent.

We look forward to seeing you in Manchester again soon.

Weldon
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hotel was ok, but very 'business like'. Not the cosiest hotel in the world. Pretty much like all hiltons i guess..

Staff friendly but seemed understaffed as had to wait quite some time to check in.

Also a little annoying with the parking, as had to park across the street at the euro car park which was pretty expensive.

Plus £15 per night for wifi these days 'when its free in the majority of hotels for guests' is a little steep in my opinion...

On the up side the breakfast is top quality...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I am pleased that you encountered a warm welcome from our friendly staff. However, I am sorry that you encountered a queue at check in. I can assure you that departments within the hotel are adequately covered at all times.

Hilton Worldwide are delighted to be able to offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Something you can now enjoy in all Hilton Hotels.

Hilton Manchester Deansgate is fortunate to have a small number of car parking spaces which we can offer to our guest on a valet car parking basis. However, should these be unavailable on arrival we are also happy to be able offer guests a discount when parking at the Great Northern car park, adjacent to the hotel entrance.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Excellent facilities within walking distance of the city centre or if you prefer tram station next door. As with most Hilton hotels the rooms are of a good quality with the usual TV, Iron, Safe etc, disappointing though no free wifi especially as the rates are high. The staff were both pleasant and helpful when needed,they would always smile and speak when passing. The breakfast was great with a large choice of hot and cold items to choose from, table service with tea and coffee always with a smile. Stayed for a few nights and never struggled to get a table considering how busy the hotel appeared. In all this hotel was welcoming, clean and the staff very professional my only gripe would be the bar prices that meant venturing out each evening to the bar next door.

Room Tip: Try for above the 9th floor to get better views unless you like looking at other buildings.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words with us.

I am pleased that you chose to stay with us on your visit to Manchester.

I am really pleased that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be welcoming and accommodating and that looked after you during your stay.

I am delighted that you were able to use the facilities within the hotel and that you enjoyed our breakfast offering.

I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester when you may have the time to visit our leisure facilities.

England
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just come back from a one night stay, overall the hotel was very good especiallly as I got a really good deal on an executive suite. However I was a little dissapointed that cloud 23 was closed but understand it will open again even better than before! My ony gripe was I emailed prior to my stay to ask if the bedding was feather and if it was could it be changed as I am allergic, I didn't get a response but wrongly assumed they had received it. Not a major problem as once I reaslised and phoned Housekeeping they sent someone straight away, a lovely lady who was very apologetic that they had no non feather duvets left so therefore we had sheets and blankets on the bed, which we said was fine, better than feathers anyway!! I suffered a very poor nights sleep weezing and coughing but thought maybe I was coming down with a chest infection, when I did get up in the morning I could hardly open my eyes whch then made me suspect feathers had been left on our bed! After a good check of pillows I realised there was a feather topper on the mattress!!!!! So after lots of ventolin and a good shower feeling slightly better I went down to speak to a manager, it was all delt with proffesionally and calmly and it was agreed that as we stay in Manchester often we would get a free upgrade next time and a note was put on about no feathers in room. I do feel though in this day and age the Hilton should be more aware of us allergy sufferers as I know I am far from alone and invest in some good non feather bedding that would please everyone!! Sorry to go on a bit but thought people should be aware.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jacky70
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay with us.

I am pleased that on the whole you had a great stay with us and I am really glad that you were able to stay with us on one of the many deals that we are happy to offer.

I was most concerned to learn of your feedback regarding your allergy as the safety and welfare of our guests and staff is of paramount importance to us in Hilton. I can confirm that I have taken on board your comment and shared it with our Executive Head Housekeeper. I can assure you that we take such feedback very seriously and I am extremely sorry that the feather mattress topper was present in your room.

All team members are fully trained in taking and fulfilling our guest’s requests and we do our utmost to fulfil them and I am sorry we failed you on this occasion.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again when you will be able to visit the newly refurbished Cloud 23.