“Fantastic stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Lincoln, Illinois
“Fantastic stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Loved this hotel. Very friendly staff throughout the hotel, spotlessly clean room and the cloud bar was an experience I will never forget. Best choice of breakfast I have seen including vegetarian cooked breakfast and I hope we stay here again at some point. I really loved sitting in our room with a coffee looking out over Manchester.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review, we appreciate it.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am really pleased that you had the time to visit Cloud 23 during your stay and like many other guests that you enjoyed the views of Manchester from our floor to ceiling windows whilst enjoying coffee.

We are proud of our ‘Hilton Breakfast’ and I am delighted that you enjoyed our offering.

I certainly hope that you choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you to Manchester.

John McLaughlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Strathdene15
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had wanted to stay at the Hilton Deansgate for some time as it looks fantastic from the outside. Check in was fine but we were given no information about where and when breakfast was served. Neither were we informed that the Cloud 23 bar was closed for refurbishment - that was really disappointing! The foyer looked great modern and stylish, our main complaint is about the bedroom. (Room 84) The bathroom and most of the bedroom was clean and adequate. However there was a horrible stain on the carpet right outside the bathroom door. This stain was so large it was virtually impossible to avoid it! Without going into details, suffice to say it looked like the result of a boozy night out. Because we were only staying the one night we did not ask to be moved but the following day on check out we informed the chap that dealt with us when he asked 'was everything ok?' To our amazement he totally ignored us and carried on checking us out. No comment at all was made about the state of the carpet! The breakfast was fairly average buffet style. However we were offered coffee out of a thermal jug once and we were not able to get a' top up' as no waiter came near enough afterwards. I had a pot of tea which was not made with boiling water so was lukewarm. Needless to say we will not be repeating our visit to the Hilton Deansgate as there are numerous other good hotels in Manchester at a comparable price. The views from the room do not make up for the hotels shortcomings!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Strathdene15
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

Please accept my apologies that the carpet in your room had marks on it. I am pleased to be able to confirm that an order for replacement carpets has been placed and we are currently waiting for a delivery. I am sorry that you were unable to highlight this to us during your stay as we would have of course offered an alternative room for you to enjoy your stay.

I am very sorry that the response from the Reception team member was less than satisfactory once you had highlighted your concern to him. The team member concerned has been addressed and I am sorry that you received poor service.

I have shared your comments relating to your breakfast experience with our Podium Restaurant Manager and she has taken your observations on board and addressed them accordingly.

I appreciate that Manchester has a large number of hotels to offer our visitors and I really do hope that stay with us again in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Overall great experience lovely rooms only downside was the reservation made for the restaurant 23 some time ago was not kept as it was closed for refurb . Not good as chose hotel as had heard about this experience and had planned for evening of cocktails there ,we were compensated though with complimentary drinks each which was good. Other disappointment was pool closure despite my asking at check in and being given details of the spa I didnt find it closed till I got there ! this was an influencing factor in choosing this hotel staff but staff were not interested when I expressed my unhappiness think they thought I was a serial complainer...im not ! Rooms well maintained and good standard spa area nice when able to use it on departing day. Breakfast was good

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review following your stay with us.

I am pleased that on the whole you had a great stay with us; however I am sorry for your disappointment.

I empathise completely how frustrating it must be not to be able to gain access to our 23rd floor Cloud 23 bar during your stay at the hotel especially after you had taken the time and trouble to make the reservation to stay with us. Cloud 23 is currently undergoing major refurbishments which will bring new and exciting offering to the hotel.

During your stay the tower above the hotel were conducting high level window replacement works which was out of the control of the hotel. Sadly, due to health and safety reasons we could not permit our guests to use the pool during this time period whilst these works were carried out. I am pleased that you were able to use the pool in the morning prior to your departure.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here while down in Manchester for a concert. Really enjoyed the hotel. Great room with floor to ceiling windows giving views across the city. Comfortable beds and good bathroom. Heard good things about the Cloud 23 bar on the top floor but as I only had jeans and trainers with me I wasn't able to check it out. Maybe next time. Good buffet breakfast which was plentiful and tasty. There was a also a South American footballer and his wife at the next table in the middle of negotiations with his agent about a move to a Premiership club. Made for interesting eavesdropping !

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, our service, offerings and indeed the amazing views from our floor to ceiling windows are guest rooms have to offer.

I am really pleased that you had a great night’s sleep in our comfortable beds and I am delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast prior to your departure.

We hope that you return to stay with us in the future.

Midlands, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed overnight for my father's retirement / birthday celebrations as he and my stepmum had stayed here before. The hotel didn't disappoint.

Welcome at reception was friendly and our room was larger than expected with all the ameneties you'd expect from a hotel of this standard. The only disappointment is that no complimentary water is offered in the room. I have to say, the Hilton isn't the only group to do this but given so many other hotels and B&B's are able to provide free water, I'm baffled as to why they don't. It's a pet peeve so I had to mention it!

The bathrooms are a good size with very nice toiletries and a lovely power shower (good lighting and mirrors too) and the room comes with a safe and hairdryer. One comment for the hotel though is that our room (611) had the worlds squeakiest bed. We only had to look at it and it squeaked. I'm a fidgety sleeper so of course the night was full of squeaks! Given the hotel isn't that old, this was a real frustration.

Breakfast is excellent and served in the restaurant on the ground floor. There's plenty of choice and the food is delicious.

As I've said in my title, it's a real shame cloud 23 was closed for refurbishment. We enjoyed the bar on the ground floor but I believe it's a real experience and one we were all looking forward to very much. It's how we planned to end our evening but we were notified by email the day before arrival that the bar was closed.

On balance I'd say the hotel is worth the hype (it's the preferred base of many famous people and we did do a bit of star spotting whilst we were there!). It's really well located at the bottom of Deansgate (just a 5-10 minute walk to House of Fraser) with plenty of bars and restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor and you'll get amazing views of Manchester
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest

I am delighted that you and your family were able to celebrate a birthday/retirement with us, it was our pleasure to have you with us.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us and that the guest room allocated to you offered you all of the amenities you needed for a comfortable stay.

Thank you for your comment regarding the bed in your room. I can assure you that I have requested that this bed is fully checked to prevent further feedback of this nature.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the charges applied for water supplied in guest rooms. Hilton Hotels are very transparent with regards to their beverage charges. The rates charged are a Hilton Brand Standard and every UK based property charge the same rates.

The water supplied in our guest rooms is there as a benefit should our guest wish to consume it. We would of course have been more than happy to offer alternatives via our Room Service department should you have so wished.

I am sorry that you were unable to gain access to our 23rd floor Cloud 23 bar during your visit. Cloud 23 will re-open late October and I hope that you will be able to visit the bar once refurbishments are complete.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast prior to your departure and I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Recently just got back from a One Night Stay at the Hilton On deansgate in manchester.

This was booked for my partners 21st birthday, and the service we recieved from the moment we arrived was fantastic.

During the day we took a walk down deansgate, and right across the road is Dimitries - tapas bar, this is handy for a drink and bite to eat. Not bad prices too.

In the evening we had a few drinks at the Bar downstairs, this too wasnt too highly priced, in comparison to the hilton on park lane london where you can pay upwards of 5-6pounds for a bottle of beer, to get a pint for 3.95 i thought was great. As for the bar, the place was absoloutely buzzing, the Manchester City squad were here for the night (as i think they are before most home games) and bumping into players in the lift and lobby added that excitement to the hotel.

At night we ate at the resturant downstairs, 14 of us , the food was fantastic. And the waiter Paul i think he was called, who described himself as the fuzzy ginger haired lad was brilliant.

The room was spacious, great deap tub, fantastic views looking across a as usual wet windy manchester.

I will be coming back to stay again in the future. Great hotel. Much better than the lowry.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for offering your kind feedback.

I am really pleased that you found your guest room to be to your liking and that we were able to offer you all the amenities you had hoped for to make your stay comfortable.

Thank you for visiting Podium Restaurant during your stay and I am delighted that the food served to your party was fantastic, we are fortunate to have a highly skilled kitchen team who create wonderful dishes for our guests to enjoy.

We are very fortunate to be centrally located within the city and I am glad that our location worked well for your visit to Manchester.

I am really pleased that you will return to stay with us in the future and my team and I certainly look forward to your return visit.

Wilmslow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton with a friend for my birthday on the 11th July, On arrival we was greeted by a helpful young man on reception who told us about what the hotel had to offer and told us what room we were in, also the man on guest services helped us with our bags to our room! When we got in the room it was lovely, clean and spacious with a great view of the city. Not long after we got into the room there was a knock at the door and room service had a plate of chocolates with 'Happy Birthday' on it which was a nice touch. We went up to the executive lounge for some drinks the view was amazing and staff were very helpful, breakfast was lovely wide variety of different food to choose from. Overall my stay was great will definitely be back to stay again soon. As always great staff and great hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest

I am pleased that you chose to stay with us in July to celebrate your birthday and I am happy that the team recognised this and offered a celebration plate in your room.

I am so pleased that you found the team members in all areas of the hotel to be welcoming and accommodating and that looked after you during your stay.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon.

John McLaughlin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Hotel Gotham
Hotel Gotham
#3 of 115 in Manchester
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,163 reviews

Been to Hilton Manchester Deansgate? Share your experiences!