“My Best Hilton Experience in UK so far”

Hilton Manchester Deansgate
Ranked #47 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Hilton Deansgate is easily spotted, with it's modern and towering look in the city center.
I got the high floor room with areal view of City Center.
Actually, i booked a single room and dont expect much.
Eentually, i got a spot on clean double room.
The reception recognised that i came to watch the Team GB opening football match at Old Trafford and the conciege was very helpful to for my travel needs.
It's just one night but one of the best Hilton experience in UK so far.
I am a Hilton Honours member

Room Tip: Get a view floor room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind words following your recent stay at Hilton Manchester Deansgate.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I can assure you that the entire team and in particular the Concierge team have been made aware of your comments.

I am pleased that our location was suitable for your visit to Old Trafford and I am sure that you had a great time watching the GB opening football match.

I really look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel soon to enjoy another great stay.

John McLaughlin

Write a ReviewReviews (4,643)

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Booked a Saturday night stay as a treat. Arrived around 3pm and the queues for check in were huge so went away and appeared around an hour or so later for check in.
We were given a room on the 4th floor which when we went in was dirty. The wardrobes were stained and covered in dried liquid (perhaps coffee). The rest of the room was dusty. The carpets were stained. We asked for another room and were told that the hotel was full but that if we came back 45 minutes later the room would be cleaned. Not overly happy about the delay, we did as requested. When we went back to the room the stains on the wardrobe were still there although the room had been dusted. We then called housekeeping again and a woman came with a wet towel and tried to clean the wardrobe - again unsatisfactorily. By this time we gave up.
The next morning we tried to check out and waited 20 minutes for a lift. We then decided to take the lift up to go down.
At checkout when asked about our stay, we replied that it hadn't been satisfactory and were told that the manager would be in touch. We've still not heard from him and the stay was on 1 September 2012.
For an establishment that is meant to be one of the icons of Manchester, it was wholly unsatisfactory - and customer service was very poor. I have since heard from various people that they too were unhappy with service they have received.
I notice on here that managers respond to complaints with empty apologies. Put your money where your mouth is and do something that doesn't leave a bitter taste in your guests mouth.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am sorry that you found the lobby area busy on your arrival, 3.00pm is our check in time and particularly at weekends, our guests arrive at the same time and I can only apologise that you were in the lobby during a busy period.

I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to detail the cleanliness of the room allocated to you which was clearly not to our usual high standard. There can be no excuse for poor cleanliness and I am very sorry that your room was not in perfect condition for your arrival. Our Executive Head Housekeeper and the Room Attendant concerned have been given visibility of your comments and the relevant action has been taken. I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion.

Unfortunately, during your stay one of our guest lifts broke down, an engineer was called to site within 2 hours. Unfortunately the problem could not be rectified immediately as it meant waiting for a specialist part to be delivered. I have asked our lift engineers to keep spares on site so should this happen again we will avoid the wait. All 3 guest lifts are now fully operational.

I am very sorry regarding the lack of follow up and contact you have received since staying with us and this has been addressed.

I do hope that despite your experience that you will return to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Top class hotel in the city centre.Stayed in a king size room which was spotless and roomy.Bed was very big and comfy.Bathroom was very clean.Had everything needed for a good stay.View was superb.Had a all glass wall from the floor to the ceiling.Had the breakfast which is the best I have ever had.Choice was brilliant as well.Service was very good and staff were friendly.Got the room in a spring sale and saved a fortune off the normal price.Will be going back

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone, we really appreciate it.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found your guest room to be to your liking and that we were able to offer you all the amenities you had hoped for to make your stay comfortable.

I am pleased that like many other guests, you were able to enjoy the panoramic views of Manchester from the hotel and that our location worked well for your visit to the city.

My team and I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was our fourth stay here-we live locally but have enjoyed our stays when we are at an event in Manchester but I think next time we will try the new Double tree nearby (also a Hilton family property)
The hotel was full so we didnt get the exaxt type or location of room we had hoped for --clearly the hotel does not protect rooms for Hilton Honors members and there was none of the usual upgraded in room amenities commensurate with our HH level. Recepetion were really helpful and worked hard to find us the right room but couldnt and continually explained we are full tonight-and boy did it show. Lobby was like a soccer match with people queing for the 23rd floor bar from our arrival at 1600 until at least 2300. The hotel seemed to be home to a number of hen parties and the corridors were nosiy until 0300 with people coming and going slamming doors and shouting along the corridors by our room. The exec lounge is very good here with great views but was overcrowded and noisy with groups who appeared to have been drinking all day spoiling the usual ambiance.

Room and beds were good, everything worked well except NO Wifi in our room-didnt bother us but boy it do if we had been staying longer or been on business-frustrating as our welcome letter blathered on about new improved WIFI-but we could only coinnect in the exec lounge.Staff we contacted were all excellent so no real complaints but I feel I am beginning to notice the downsides and with plenty of choice of Hilton family hotels in the area I doub t we will be back and never on a saturday night.

Room Tip: Views from higher floors are spectacular and the higher presumably the quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
John M, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for returning to stay with us and for sharing your feedback.

Please accept my apologies that we were unable to offer you an upgrade on arrival as a valued Hilton Honors member. However upgrades are subject to availability and unfortunately we were unable to offer this benefit to you on this occasion as the hotel was full and I can only apologise for this.

I am sorry that you found the lobby area busy during your stay. We have many guests and visitors alike sometimes choosing to queue to gain entry to Cloud 23. I can only apologise that you were in the lobby during a busy period.

Our Executive guest rooms with access to the 23rd floor lounge are very popular and unfortunately we cannot control the length of time that our guests wish to stay in the lounge to enjoy this facility. However I am pleased that you enjoy this offering and the wonderful views of Manchester and beyond.

Hilton Worldwide are delighted to be able to offer our guests full WIFI access in all areas of the hotel including guest bedrooms. Something you can now enjoy in all Hilton Hotels. Hilton hotels are transparent with regards to all of their charges.

I am really pleased that you had a great night’s sleep in our comfortable beds and that you were able to enjoy your guest room.

The team at Hilton Manchester Deansgate are delighted to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and we hope that you are able to return to the hotel in the near future.

Laura McEwan
Director of Operations

Reviewed September 12, 2012

A shame really as my only gripe was minor, but handled badly by their management. The Hilton is a lovely hotel.

At 11.20pm I returned to the hotel to enjoy the last hour in Cloud 23 cocktail bar, a highlight of the Hilton Hotel which closed at 12.00, upon arrival I was told it was shut 40 minutes early, I pointed out to the duty manager it said 12.00 closing and we had purposely returned to enjoy a cocktail after our meal, he agreed the information on my key card hotel info sheet was wrong and should be changed... I wrote into the manager upon the advice of the staff to explain this which was a total waste of my time, I received a poxy fobbed off letter a few days later totally uninterested.

If you have a problem, don't bother expressing your opinion, it falls on deaf ears, read the other negative comments on here, the Hilton aren't interested at all.

The cleaners did a great job, the hotel was spotless, the Hilton group have equipped the rooms superb, the staff on the reception were brilliant at check in & out and should hand a lesson or two in customer care to their management.

I'd stay at the Hilton again as the hotel is lovely, like I stated at the start, a simple gripe which could've been sorted easily with a little common sense.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for comments following your recent stay with us.

I can assure you that we take all guest feedback on board and respond to all guest comments in a timely manner and I am sorry if you feel otherwise, this is certainly not our intension.

I hope that you received our personal correspondence to you dated 29th August 2012, which addressed your feedback in detail.

On a positive note, I am pleased that you found the hotel to be spotlessly clean and that our guest rooms offered you all the amenities to make your stay a comfortable one.

All team members have been given visibility of your of your kind words relating to their service, they do their utmost at all times to make our guests feel welcome at all time.

I hope that you return to stay with us again in the future.

Laura McEwan
Director of Operations

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Deansgate on the 7th and 8th September with a friend using my Hilton honors points. We were in the city for a concert at the Manchester Arena.

The hotel was great and exactly what I would expect from the Hilton chain. Our room was clean and comfortable and we were very happy with the facilities.

The staff in the hotel were friendly and pleasant. The breakfast was really nice. The gym was well equipped and the view from the treadmills was enjoyable (looking out on the rainy Manchester streets).

Everything about our stay was great. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to people that were in the city for shopping, or for concerts at the Manchester Arena (it's only a few stops on the metrolink to victoria where the arena is located).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
John M, General Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback following your stay with us.

My team and I were more than happy to have you stay with us recently and I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay and that you enjoyed the service and the facilities that the hotel had to offer.

I am pleased that like a lot of our other guests, you found our location to be suitable for your needs and that you had a good breakfast prior to your departure.

We certainly look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I've just got back from a stay in the Hilton, Manchester with a friend. Firstly this hotel obviously prides itself on excellent customers service. Every single person went out of their way to be friendly and welcoming. The room we have was modern, bright and had the ost comfortable bed I've ever slept in. We had cocktails in the bar and the breakfast the following morning was yummy. It was a pity Cloud 23 was being refurbished....nevermind at least it's an excuse to go back again. Try this hotel you'll love it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

My team and I were more than happy to have you stay with us recently and I am delighted that you had a fantastic stay, that you enjoyed the service and the facilities that the hotel had to offer and that your room was suitable for a comfortable stay.

Thank you for recommending us and I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Manchester, when you may have time to visit our newly refurbished Cloud 23 from mid October 2012 onwards.