Hilton Manchester Deansgate
INNSIDE Manchester(Manchester)
The Midland(Manchester)
Pad Hotel(Manchester)
4,706 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecloud barpodium restaurantfloor to ceiling windowscocktail barafternoon teahigh floorbirthday treatstandard roomcity centremodern hotelsaturday nightcooked breakfastfull englishfollowing morningstayed for one nightclouds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very modern hotel with spacious rooms with a good view of the city, good breakfast too. Small but decent gym. Very good service from the staff

• Stayed: September 2011
BernadetteFGilligan, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with everyone.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you found our facilities, service and team members to be excellent.

I am happy that you were able to use our Livingwell gym and I really hope that you return to the hotel when you next visit Manchester.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night on business lase week and was very impressed. Professional staff on reception who were very welcoming and provided me with my room beforebthe official 3pm check in. Room on 13th floor was great with fab views over Manchester. Very clean room and suoer comfy bed which led to great nights sleep. Used gym and pool and again was very impressed. Breakfast was very good following morning. All in all great hotel and will definately stay here in future.

Room Tip: High room - great views
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this positive review.

I am thrilled that you found every aspect of the hotel to be excellent; that you enjoyed our facilities and that you were able to enjoy the pool and gym.

I am really pleased that you had a great nights sleep in our comfortable beds and I am delighted that you will definitely return to us in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Great location close to everything, with nice indoor pool, jacuzzi, steam, sauna and gym. Rooms are OK - nothing to write home about. Modern and comfortable, TV a little small for a HIlton, but a perfectly acceptable 4 star room. Felt more Novotel than Hilton though.

Only negative was valet/bell/concierge. When we arrived there was no one around to help with bags or sort out parking for car. Had another issue again when we asked concierge for map and he gave us a google map print out of the 3 streets around the hotel. In the end we got a tourist map from another hotel. It was a shame this small part of the hotel let the rest down a little.

Would definately stay again.

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this review following your stay with us recently.

I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your guest room to be well appointed and like many other guests you found our team members and breakfast to be excellent.

I note your comment regarding the lack of assistance on arrival at the hotel and whist we do our utmost to assist all of our guests it is not always possible to do so, due to Concierge team members assisting else where in the hotel and I am sorry that we failed you,.

I am bewildered as to the quality of the map given to you on request as we do have detailed maps available for our guests. The Concierge team have been made aware of your feedback to ensure that this does not happen again.

I do hope that you are able to stay with us should you return to Manchester in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Had great weekend at Hilton. We had room on 14th floor with a great view. Cloud 23 was a real treat and priority access for guests was a real bonus on a busy friday night . Location is excellent - with a choice of restaurants within walking distance and if venturing further and lazy like us tram stop at castlefield takes you to town for 90p- or you can easily walk.
The hotel restaurant coped easily with a busy breakfast and evening meal 3 courses for £ 29 was reasonably priced and high quality.
Also a real bonus was the presence of Man City squad and management ahead of game against wigan on fri night/ sat am so star spotting was added to our list of weekend activities!
All in all a near perfect weekend in a really top hotel - all for £75 per night as booked well in advance when offers were on at christmas.
Just 1 gripe - our car park ticket didn,t knock off the 15% promised by hotel and we were too tired to walk back ( not that its far ) to complain.

Room Tip: ask for high room - views are great from either side

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete this positive review.

I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of a recent offer and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am really pleased that you found our service, facilities, location, views and breakfast to be excellent.

I am sorry that you did not receive your discount when leaving the NCP car park and your comments have allowed me to make contact with the NCP to ensure that our validating machine is working to standard and I apologise for the inconvenience this must have caused you.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel soon when we will have the opportunity to look after you once again.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We booked a Top Secret deal through lastminute.com just the night before we were due to stay there and we were delighted when the booking confirmation popped up with "Hilton Deansgate". On check in we were told that a room was available but it was a room with a king bed rathter than a queen bed on the 18th floor but it would be an additional £20 - they caught me at the right time so I went ahead with that, the next question was did I want to secure breakfast and gain access to the executive lounge for free drinks between 5 and 8pm and breakfast either in the exec lounge or the main restaurant, another £20 so all in all they they nearly squeezed another £40 out of me and possibly because I secured a cheap rate. We declined the breakfast but did hand over an additional £20 for the room. What's the point in offering these deals if they're just trying to squeeze more money out of you. Room 1801 had amazing views along deansgate towards the printworks end I can't complain in that respect. We asked for non-smoking but there was a distinct smell of smoke when we entered the room and the curtains had quite a strong smell of smoke on closer inspection. The quilt cover had what appeared to be some coffee stains on it but I didn't notice until the morning so I was a bit gutted about that, the rest of the room and the bathroom was spotless though. Hot drink services and free bottle of water was good, the hotel provided bathroom essentials - shower caps, soap, shampoo, body lotion, bathrobes and slippers too. We didn't venture to cloud 23 because we were on floor 18 anyway so I can't imagine the views could be so much different - maybe next time. The queues were quite long in reception which was a bit off putting as you enter and leave the lifts for the rooms - not the thing you want to see really, long lines of scantily clad ladies, dressed, well, I guess to impress but debateable. The decor, design and spacious feeling of the hotel was very impressive but it was the view that stole it for me. The staff seemed pleasant enough. I wouldn't be happy to pay the full price the hotel asks but I was happy to pay the reduced rate plus £20 for the upgrade (or so they tell you!). Had I not felt like I was being conned at check in, had the bedding been clean, and no smell of smoke I'd reward 4 points / very good but it failed on those points - sorry. Oh no wi-fi which is suprising in this day and age - cable for laptops but in a world where we're all using mobile technology and tablets it's a bit out of date!

Room Tip: take a risk and book a top secret deal on lastminute.com
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
BernadetteFGilligan, Manager at Hilton Manchester Deansgate, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing this detailed review following your stay.

I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us and that that hotel design and décor was to your liking and that you enjoyed the wonderful views of the city from your 18th floor bedroom windows.

However, I am very sorry if you were made to feel uncomfortable on arrival when being offered further services to make your stay more comfortable. The team were merely trying to enhance your stay with us and I am sorry for any discomfort cause as this was certainly not our intention.

I note your comment regards Wi-Fi in our guest rooms and I am happy to confirm that we will be able to offer WiFi to all guest bedrooms by the end of 2011.

I was disappointed that you did not have the opportunity to visit Cloud 23 during your stay and I appreciate that people do queue to gain access to the bar. However, our priority in the first instance lies with our hotel residents and those guests on our guest list. I do hope that you are able to visit Cloud 23 in the future to sample the amazing cocktails our bartenders create.

I am sorry that you found your room, 1801 to have an odour of stale smoke present. We had not received a report from our housekeeping team prior to your arrival to highlight this. As and when this issue does arise, we have sophisticated equipment that eliminates odours and I can only apologise for your disappointment. We would have been more than happy to offer you another room to continue your stay.

I am also very disappointed to read your feedback regarding the linen in your room. Our Housekeeping team have been made aware of this and whilst I am confident the linen was clean it should not have been placed in your room for which I apologise for.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel should you visit Manchester in the future.