“Good if close by”
Review of Platt Fields Park

Platt Fields Park
Ranked #73 of 191 things to do in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Platt Fields Park is set in 90 acres and is classed as one of Manchester Leisure’s major outdoor sites.
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

At uni I lived about a 5 minute walk from this park so would go often, but I wouldn't go out of my way to come here. It's a lovely park with lovely scenery and is reasonably well kept. But the area isn't too nice & full of students. Much rather head down to heaton park or tatton park instead - as more to see and do and better for children.

Platts field holds host to several events such as the annual fireworks display which is always chocker and it used to host Parklife festival (until last year).

Despite the bad publicity this park has received over the past few years, it is a delightful park with lovely scenery! It's well kept and gorgeous on a sunny day!

All reviews
"uni"
"muddy"
"displays"

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I wouldn't drive to Platt Fields park from far away. The park is nice enough if you just happen to be in the area and would like to spend a bit of time outdoors. There is a nice little children's play area and duck pond. That being said, when the weather is nice, it often attracts people looking to get drunk, thus not making it very family friendly. I would recommend Chorlton Waterpark if you were looking for something similar, but a bit more peaceful.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My first time to this park which my sister goes to now and then. We brought a picnic, on a lovely hot day, and sat on the grass under the trees. There were plenty of other people around but it's a large park which made it easy to find our own peaceful little spot. My daughter needed the bathroom in a hurry so I brought her into the costume museum in the big house-no problem using their facilities, and I had a quick look at some of the displays. It is an exhibition I will definitely come back to visit. We walked around to the lake and spent some time in the playground and watching the skaters in the skate park. My son went in with his new board and practiced for a while...the other skaters were much older but made him feel welcome.
My only concern in the park is that it doesn't seem to be kept very well. Grass cutting was not great and flower beds not tended. It had a general run-down, shabby feel to it. Having said that we did enjoy our few hours here.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

When I first moved to Fallowfield in the late 60's this was a place of escape and play and I loved the park, I lived opposite, the lodge, and I would take my dogs in there, go boating, climb the trees with my friends and spend most of my younger days enjoying events like the horse & flower show, the fair and summer days, and nights. Shakespere's garden was a delight and I loved the place. Some of my many friends were Robert, Ann, Elieen, Christine, Ava, Lynn, (school pals) and a host of dogs including Roberts sheep dog, Beauty. I was so happy beside this place and come summer or winter, spring or autumn, it was (to me) my back garden....................