“Convenient location and good price”

Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park
Ranked #69 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Warsaw, Poland
“Convenient location and good price”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Located near bus station and large city centre parking. Clean rooms and good service. Breakfast could be of better choice and being continental but only typical English breakfast was served. Good accommodation for reasonable price, friendly staff.

Room Tip: High floors rooms has better panorama and are more quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Samantha S, Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for your review all feedback is greatly appreciated i am glad you enjoyed your stay and our rooms meet with your expectations i will pass on your comments to the housekeeping team. We have reviewed our breakfast and i hope when you stay with us again you will see the improvements we have made.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I arrived here with friends on the 9th March 2014.
I had made two different reservations on separate occasions. One through booking.com & one through the hotel website.
When we arrived only one of the bookings had apparently been made. I knew this was wrong as I knew I had paid for the room in advanced but had no paper work to prove this. One room was priced at £51 & the other at £60. My friend paid for his £60 room no problem, but my room that I had booked first for £51 was not coming up on their system.
I was so tired & fed up that I paid another £51 thinking there must of been a mix up in my behalf.
When we eventually made it to our rooms we found that they where very run down, with duck tape stuck to the bathroom floor & the leather pealing off the head bored, but wasn't really an issue as we just wanted to get settled.
Me & my friends then decided we where hungry. It was late so just wanted a simple carry out.
We rang down to the reception to see if they could help us with ordering from a local carry out.
They then told us that the hotel did food & could make us something & send it up to us no problem. We ordered two pizzas & three portions of chips.
We waited FORTY FIVE minutes for what I can only describe as flavoured cardboard!
I am now having to chase up two charges of £51 for the one room plus a charge of £46 for the disgusting room service!
The staff where rude, the food was disgusting, the room was shabby. My stay was a disaster.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Hollij15
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Hollij15,

Krysllin G.
Troon, Ayrshire
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed overnight at the weekend and found the hotel excellent - clean and well decorated/furnished. It is very handy on the Oldham Road especially as we were going to Etihad for tour/game. Staff were very friendly and helpful and food good. Thoroughly recommend it for a stay

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review all feedback is greatly appreciated it is very nice to read your positive comments about the hotel. I'm pleased you were happy with your room and the food i will pass on your comments to the Staff and Kitchen we look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you.
West Midlands
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I am a regular user of this hotel but my most recent stay was not the best. I arrived at the hotel and was told I had been upgraded, as I was staying for a few nights I was delighted and have been upgraded in the past and know the upgraded rooms are lovely. Upon entering the room it clearly was not an upgrade just a standard room (and a bad room at that). The room I was given was above the reception and after a few hours in the room I started to notice an awful smell, this smell comes from the reception below and smells like a dirty sweaty smell.
Upon turning on the (damaged) TV the remote wouldn't work and after trying 3 different remote controls the TV finally came on but is stuck on one channel, you cannot use the panel on the tv to change channels or adjust the volume because the panel is locked. Upon entering the bathroom the tiles were coming away from the floor and had started to sink around the toilet bowl. The good points about this hotel are the female parking spaces at the front (due to the area the hotel is located in), the freshly brewed Starbucks coffee is excellent and the food is of a good standard.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Chilly25
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Chilly25,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Not what I would select as a romantic break hotel, however as a one night stop that we had it was fine. It is near to tram stop, has free parking and wifi, so there's some positives to start and I've not even checked in yet!
Check in was good, made to feel welcome and valued so well done! Our room was a free upgrade so can't really complain, here are some improvement opportunities instead! None smoking room really smelt of stale tobacco, sockets not nearer enough to mirror for wife to use her curling tongs (bad press) and leather couch looked like it had been dragged over concrete, it was all worn, looked messy!
Didn't have breakfast so can't comment, McDonalds two minutes up the road!
Overall not a bad HI, thanks.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear toyotaverso,

First of all, we like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and we also like to thank you for having taken the time to share your valuable comment with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Ferdinand G
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on overnight trip to Manchester can't fault staff friendly and helpful especially young lady from reception. Room was clean an tidy an you get what you pay for. If you expect 5 star pay 5 star prices but for price it was excellent will definitely be back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review it was very nice to read your comments about the staff and hotel i will make sure i pass on your comments. I look forward to welcoming your back.

Thank you.
Cheshire
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Overnight stay for work . Very friendly and helpful staff . Had room service meal which was good and value for money. Room was a bit tired looking, but clean and comfortable.

One down side - my back up wakeup call from reception was late - luckily my phone alarm worked.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review it was nice to read you enjoyed your stay and the food. Feedback is always greatly appreciated we are in the process of up dating our rooms i look forward to welcoming you back so you can see the progress we have made and try our new menu.