“Acceptable - with friendly and accommodating staff”

Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park
Ranked #70 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed for three nights for business purposes. The staff were friendly and helpful - both in the restaurant and at the front desk. The restaurant was a plus - with good breakfasts. The rooms are in need of an update - my headboard was also torn (see previous reviewer comments). However, in contrast, the towels were some of the best I have experienced! The bathrooms were clean and the shower pressure and temperature were excellent. So some "plusses" but do not expect luxury. My bill was not accurate and needed to be reprinted - but this was done cheerfully and quickly.Safes were available, but in an alcove off the lobby. Would be nice to have a safe in the room.Thank you to the staff of the hotel for your hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager888, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Pam
You're more than welcome! Glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed for two nights while visiting friends in the Burnley area. Room was clean and staff were very friendly and accommodating. Since we weren't familiar with the area and had no car, we ate at the hotel's restaurant for dinner our first night. What an excellent meal! We had the three course meal with beef and Yorkshire pudding and absolutely the most delicious hot chocolate pudding with vanilla ice cream for dessert!!! My compliments to the chef! Every staff person that we dealt with was professional and helpful. Our second night, there was an incident due to a hotel guest overflowing the bathtub. Water leaked down through the ceilings into the reception area. It was nice to see that staff members from several different areas (reception, kitchen, maids) were all pulling together to take care of this problem. We were disappointed that there was no shuttle to the airport like we thought when we booked the room but staff ordered us a taxi for the next morning and helped us with our boarding passes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear JH
Glad to hear you had a great time and enjoyed the food and the genuine friendliness of our team. See you again next time.
Kind Regards Lucja Leonard, General Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for the rugby league magic weekend. Overall hotel ok but could do with a bit of a revamp. Like a previous review the headboard was damaged, we were in room 109 and there was some stains on the carpet, otherwise the room and hotel was pretty clean. Staff who we spoke to were polite and had a smile. We only ate in the hotel once and that was for a breakfast ( Nice but over priced )
The hotel is in a run down area, and not much around, a garrage which sells a meal deal ( sandwich, crisps and drink ) We went into the city and a taxi cost £8 - £9. A lot of the reviews on here complain about the location, but anyone with half a brain and does a little research would find that out before they book.
The reason we booked the hotel was to be close to the Etihad stadium ( about 30 - 35 min walk ) If we were wanting the city centre it would not be suitable, but within easy walking distance for stadium events

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager888, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Paul
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and you found our location to be suitable for your visit to Manchester. As I have mentioned previously, we are currently working through a soft refurbishment of our bedrooms which includes the recovering of the headboards to bring this up to standard.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Manchester.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. 5min drive to the town. Paid £55. Room was clean although the headboard was ripped and not what you would expect from this hotel chain. I stayed in room 103 and I all could hear all night was the sound of the air con fans that were on the flat rood outside my window. Had I been asked how my stay was and If I wasn't pushed for time I would normally have mentioned it. I will be contacting the hotel very shortly in writing.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Pete
We pride ourselves on our property upkeep and attention to detail, but clearly we were not up to standards on your stay, and for that I am truly sorry. We are working to a light refurbishment program at present which includes the recovering of the headboards.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

So glad I was only paying the corporate rate of £65 B&B, because there i sno way on earth you would pay the advertised rates! The staff are lovely and very welcoming and friendly but everything is is poor to average.

The decor is shabby in places, extreme interference on the TV (almost unwatchable) and the double bed was two single beds pushed together and covered with a double duvet (the beds weren't zipped together).

I ate in the bar in the first evening and it was horrid. Everything including the bun for the burger appeared to have been dropped in the fryer! After that I ate out at TGI Fridays which was close to a gym I was using.

Not a nice area but very close and convenient for my offices which were only a 3 min drive away. I was grateful for the 10ft security fence surrounding the car park!

Next time I will choose somewhere in the city and endure a longer drive to the office.

Room Tip: Possibly okay for one night......if its close to your offices......but othewrwise stay somewhere els...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager888, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Jeremy
We pride ourselves on our property upkeep and attention to detail and are currently working to a maintenance program to soft refurbish our rooms.
I have investigated your booking and the room booked was booked as a standard room in which the bed type cannot be guaranteed, hence your booking was allocated a twin room so the bedding was set up as 2 singles, with 2 single duvets. I apologies that this was not to your satisfaction.
I am disappointed in relation to your comments regarding the food as this is normally an area that we receive very positive comments on. I have addressed this my chef for further investigation.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention as it is only through constant customer feedback that we can continue to improve.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Oh... where should I start? I often use Holiday Inn properties when I'm travelling, both for business and leisure, because I know what I'm going to get. Unfortunately the Manchester Central Park property (which is a franchise), is a huge disappointment.

Here's a list of annoyances on my stay - none of them major, but all of which demonstrate that it's the little things that add up to a great stay that this hotel desperately needs to pay attention to...

* No bottled or canned Coke at the bar - only postmix (i.e. the stuff on a gun that costs about 25p for 0.5 a litre) - sold for £3.30 a pint!
* Sliding bathroom door detached from bottom runner
* Bathroom shelf on the other side of the room to the sink.
* Towel rail on the other side of the bathroom to the shower/bath
* Shower mixer tap so stiff with lime scale I thought I would need to get help to turn it off
* TV with so much interference it was unwatchable
* Decor shabby in places
* "Double" bed is actually two single beds pushed together with a king size duvet
* Whole property surrounded by a 10' security fence and there was broken glass on the road outside in the morning (i.e. Newton Heath is not the safest place to stay).
* Room service menu looks like something from a roadside cafe (piece of laminated card), is uninspiring and mediocre.

All in all, I'm glad I was paying a corporate rate and not the advertised price...

One more point: don't get confused by the name - Central Park is in the northern suburbs and no-where near the centre of Manchester . (not a problem for me - it's close to my offices - but might confuse others).

1  Thank MarkAWilson

Dear Mark
Thank you for your comments. Our pricing is comparable to other hotels in the area, and we feel we provide good value given our location and facilities. But clearly this was not your impression and for that we offer our apologies. I have shared your comments with my management team for review, and have addressed the maintenance issues listed. We are currently working on an ongoing maintenance schedule in relation to the upkeep of our rooms. Our location is clearly defined on our website as we are not a city centre hotel but only 1.7miles from the city centre.
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, it is the only way we can continue to improve on our customer service and quality.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here as I was going to a conference at the Police HQ opposite, this is the only reason. When we drew up in the taxi after a ride through a rather run down part of Manchester it looked like an open prison with large iron fencing all the way around. But once in the room it was not too bad, big comfy bed and choice of pillows. Bathroom was immaculately clean and good hot shower. We wanted to go into Manchester to eat this is a good ten minute ride about £10 in a cab. One particular member of staff a young man on the front desk was really helpful telling us a great place to eat in town, so thanks to him. For the price £65 a night it was an okay budget stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager888, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Sally
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and had some great recommendations of where to go in town from our team. We do pride ourselves on providing a comfortable and clean hotel once you get inside with a warm welcome from our team, and am pleased that you found this to be the case.
We look forward to welcoming you in the future should you be visiting Manchester HQ again.
Kind Regards, Lucja Leonard, General Manager