“Quiet and friendly.”

Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park
Ranked #73 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Just spent a night here on a business trip to Manchester. I have stayed here quite a lot before and it was much busier then I have seen it before. The staff were friendly and provided very good levels of service. The hotel is not quite the standards of a conventional HI, more like a HI Express. Food in the evening was fine, with a good choice and served fairly quickly; quality seemed fine too. The bedroom was large and comfortable and despite being at the front of the hotel facing onto the main Oldham road it was quiet throughout the night. Will certainly be back when I am next in the area.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager888, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Hi

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us here at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park - We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just came back from a two night stay here with my girlfriend. Very friendly staff but overall it seemed very quiet while we were there, however the staff were still very efficient & we never had to wait for service. We came down to breakfast at 9.45am on the first morning & everything was put away, however the staff still served us up a fabulous & fresh breakfast. I would advise that if breakfast is suppose to finish at 10am - let it finish at 10am.

Check-in & out was excellent, bar service was always perfect & we got a great nights sleep as our room was so quiet. Great location just a 10 minute walk to the Metrolink Station @ Central Park. A bus outside the hotel will have you in the City Centre in less than 20 minutes.

Delighted also to see a hotel with staff all from Manchester/England. I have nothing against a culturally diverse service team, but it is nice to be greeted by so many friendly Manchester folks - well done. Having worked in hospitality for over 13 years, it is very rare!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager888, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Hi

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay with us Holiday Inn Manachester Central Park . I will pass on your feedback to the team over the friendly welcome you recieved from the Manchester folk .

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here by accident. I live in Manc, but managed to lock myself out of my house. After midnight, sub-zero temperatures and a locksmith quoting £100, so I walked to the nearest hotel and checked in. It was easy, friendly, efficient and pretty cheap. I'd walked past the place a hundred times and not really been tempted to go in, but the decor (abstract art) and rooms are surprisingly nice. The room was a good size and had all the usual stuff - TV, room service, coffee-making equipment. The bed had a choice of firm and soft pillows (helpfully labelled) which was a nice touch. The room was clean and the bathroom fine. Only two downsides: the food selection on the room service menu was dull and predictable; and the water at 7am was tepid. Other than that, better than I expected (and much better than sleeping in the garden).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManager888, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Nicola

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the hotel & the team , I will pass on your comments . We are currently in the process of changing the menus in the hotel & thanks for the feedback regarding the room service menu. I hope you got your lock fixed with no further issues & I am glad you did not sleep in your garden & chose us instead!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

i was consistently impressed with the level of personalised service delivered by every member of the team.. The restaurant staff were helpful and courteous and very quick to find solutions to any problem. For instance, when the restaurant area was full with a coach tour, the waitress led me to a secluded area and served me personally from the buffet, so that I wouldn't have to go into the crush. Meals from the extensive menu were served speedily and were of a high quality.
The rooms were large, clean, comfortable and I really appreciated the option of bath or shower.
I was taken ill briefly during my stay and the concern and suport from the staff was much appreciated. From the young man working in the Academy to the helpful waitresses and maitre de , the service was impeccable. I also found the reception staff very helpful with all requests. I was almost sorry to take my leave of this hotel in which I felt so welcome.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager888, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Nick
Wow! Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the entire team were so helpful and welcoming. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with them as it is lovely to hear.
I hope you are now feeling better, and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Manchester.
Keep Well,
Lucja

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Looks new from the pics, but once you get to the rooms its a bit worn!

Rooms a bit tired and furniture starting to go, but nevertheless had a decent nights sleep without any disturbance. Bathroom fan was a bir noisey but that was it. Although where the room was located was near the bins and woken at one point by the empties being tipped out!

Staff friendly and helpful, especially the receptionist the next morning who did me a favour with a forgotton credit card.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you had a good stay and found our team to be very friendly and helpful.
There are some areas of the hotel that do need refreshing and we have a program in place this year to tackle these issues.
Thanks again and we hope to see you again next time you are in Manchester.

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We have been here a few times me and my partner for nights out in Manchester.hotel clean and staff friendly.rooms lovely and clean.had few drinks in bar before town.its nice.not too far from town centre in a taxi.all in all great stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank chrissy s
GeneralManager888, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Chrissy
Thanks for your wonderful feedback, glad you had a great stay once again
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Cheers

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I visited the Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park every day for a week for a course. The hotel is easily accessible and clearly visible from the main road.
The conference/meeting rooms were very nice, own toilets and a reception area where they had coffee and the widest selection of Twinnings tea Ive ever seen! All the staff were very efficient and friendly, although a little slow at providing refreshments on time, but hardly the end of the world. We ate in the restaurant every lunch time and the food was great apart from warmed up new potatoes (they have a distinctive taste when they've been reheated). The car park was a good size and I had no problems finding a space, there seemed to be little control of cars in disabled spaces not displaying a blue badge which irritates me grrr!! Quite pleased with the whole experience though :-)
I can't comment on the rooms as I didn't stay overnight but some on our course did and I didn't hear them complaining about anything.

• Stayed: November 2012
GeneralManager888, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Ruth
Thank you for your lovely feedback, glad you enjoyed your time with us attending your course. Hopefully we will see you again in the near future.