Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$69
$141
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$109
$100
  • Room Service
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$87
$51
  • Free Internet
$81
  • Free Internet
Travelodge Manchester Upper Brook Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$45
Travelodge
2,906 results
All reviewspalace theatrecity centreq parkmeal dealall you can eatcomfy bedbudget hotelgood nights sleepexcellent locationquiet roomold traffordnight's sleepexcellent stayfamily roomcar parkmin walktrain station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Premier inn used to be perceived as good value. These days there prices are pretty much comparable to hotels of a similar standard.

Portland street is a good location. However I did not have a good nights sleep, as I was freezing and could get the thermostat to work. Do I ask for refund based on the good night guarantee? No because last time I about noise I got told I should have called reception I.e. Always sense they came up with an excuse.

Though no complaints about staff, very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RutgerKG
RuthQuinn, Operational Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for your recent review about your stay with us here at Portland Street Premier Inn.

I would like to apologize for your stay with us, as you never got a good night sleep. And here at Premier Inn we take this very seriously. If for any reason you feel that you did not have a good nights sleep please let the reception staff aware of this and you will get a full refund from the nights stay under the ‘good night guarantee’

If in future your thermostat doesn’t seem to be working please call down to reception and they will come and assist you to make sure you have a good night sleep with us.

We will do everything in our power to ensure your stay with us is a pleasant one.

I hope that you give us a second chance, and that we see you again checking in soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We have stayed in several Premier Inns now and have come to greatly appreciate the familiarity, value for money and good rooms. We checked-in with an exceptionally welcoming receptionist. The location was fab. Not too far from the train station and an easy walk to the shops. Our room was large (family room) but definitely in need of some tlc compared with other premier inns that we have stayed in. There was also a slight musty smell. My husband noticed a small hole in the ceiling and when it began to rain outside, the hole begin to drip water. Also, the extractor fan in the bathroom (which did not work and for which I could not find an on/off switch) was dripping water. Fortunately, we did not notice both of these things until the morning of our check out and when I notified the receptionist she was very apologetic. Restaurant was very pleasant and we had a lovely breakfast with a really lovely waitress looking after us. All in all you can't knock the value for money, the location and the staff but I have stayed in smarter Premier Inn rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lucy B

Thank you for leaving a review about your recent stay here at Portland Street Premier Inn.

All feedback is greatly appreciated good or bad and I would like to apologize about your room condition. This is not acceptable and is not to the standard that you have come to expect from Premier Inn. I will look into why this has happened to ensure that it doesn’t happen again.

Your kind words towards our staff are very much appreciated and I will pass on your kind words to our teams within the hotel.

I hope that we see you checking in with us again soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This hotel was great value for money friendly staff and a great location. The room was clean and comfortable. The car park was easy to find and I thought good value for money. I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us here in Manchester.

I am glad that you found everything ok with your stay and that you would use us again.

I hope that you had a wonderful time whilst visiting the hotel and hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Could not believe how cheap it was for two of us to stay for two nights especially with the location of this hotel. We were in Manchester for a show and this hotel was very close to this venue, great shops and many restaurants in the city centre.Automated Check in was quick and easy and the staff were very pleasant. Rooms were clean comfortable and functional, a few more teabags would have been good but Im sure we would have just had to ask. I wouldnt hesitate to recommened this hotel for location and value and would stay here again! We didnt eat in it so cant comment on the food.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review about your stay here with us at Portland Street Premier Inn.

I am happy that you found our location good and was not too far a walk for your show.

Regarding the tea bags. If you ask at reception for tea bags they will be more than happy to supply you with them that is not a problem.

If you decide to stay with us in the future, I would recommend trying our breakfast to kick start your day. We have many selections such as a continental breakfast to an all you can eat breakfast. I am sure you would not be disappointed.

We hope that we see you checking in with us again in the near future.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Exceptionally clean and a very warm welcome. The staff at dinner and breakfast could not do enough for you and they were always happy to help and bring you anything you needed. Luis was a very charming waiter and was extremely friendly and helpful. The food at dinner and breakfast was to a very high standard and delicious! Our room was very clean with the added luxury of a power shower and tea and coffee making facilities. Overall we had a very positive experience and will be returning in the very near future. Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

It is always very nice to hear good things about our staff and that they are making our guests feel welcome. As you have pointed out Luis I will forward this feedback onto him, as I am sure he will appreciate your kind words.

I am very pleased that you have decided that you will be returning to us in the near future. As a team this makes us feel very proud that our guests are returning from previous experiences.

We hope that we see you checking in with us again very soon.