“31/3 - 2/4 booked in”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre - Portland Street
Ranked #33 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed April 4, 2013

3 nights booked, nice friendly staff, great breakfast, Weatherspoons next door, would stay again no problem £29 per night. Walking distance to Arndale shopping centre and MEN Arena and GMEX bus stop outside entrance.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,808)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I managed to get this room for a bargain £29 and although arriving at the hotel 30 minutes earlier than the 2pm check in time the staff were very helpful in checking us into our rooms, as the self service machines wouldn't have allowed us until after 2pm.

Appearances can be deceiving because despite the small entrance this hotel is BIG and I had quite a walk around to my room once I had reached my floor. If you have difficulty walking I advise requesting a room closer to the lifts.

I was there to see Katie Melua at the Bridgewater Hall and being just five minutes walk away the location of this hotel was fantastic, it is also less than 10 minutes walk from Picaddilly station.

If you are hungry I also highly recommend the New Emperor Restaurant just around the corner in China Town, one of the most delicious meals I have ever tasted!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2013

A pleasant hotel that felt warm and friendly with good breakfasts and a nice bar. Located close to the main station and tram and bus services to other parts of the city. The city centre is only a few minutes walk.

Room Tip: Seemed generally quiet, even though it was a busy weekend.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel itself was clean and everything you'd expect from a Premier inn, which we have stayed in lots of times throughout the UK.
But the chain seem to have a policy of not allowing bedroom windows to be opened - not even a little bit. Therin lies the problem. On the first night there, the room was so hot there was beads of sweat on all of us - mainly me. I tried several times to control the heating (following the very basic instrucations on a sheet of paper) it clearly said use the control up and down switches to alter the heat/coolness. Ours defaulted to 23.5 degrees. Even with the cooler on the noise woke my two sons, so for a while three of us were awake. in the end I turned the cooler and heating system off altogether. I just feel that they are making the rooms unbearable by not allowing the windows to be opened.Also clearer instructions for control of heating and cooling would be better, and a more silent cooler system would help
This inability for me to sleep put a bit of a dampner on our weekend as you can imagine it made me rather grumpy.
On the plus side the hotel was spotless and the food was good. Most of the staff were very friendly, especially Luis who served at the breakfast and dinner tables (we ate in the hotel on the 2nd night and the food was very good). However the front of house staff seemed to have a "cannot be bothered" attitude,and was busy looking past me to grab the room keys off the other people behind me. They seem to have a "lets get the customer out as quickly as possible attitude".

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Got our room for £29 so was a bargain!
Easy check in, pleasant guy on reception, room a good size and very quiet so got a good nights sleep!
I enjoyed the breakfast, my hungover partner didn't really get his money's worth though! A lot of family's with children dining as its kids eat free under 16!
We parked at the Q park round the corner, if you don't know Manchester (like we didn't) then it's a bit of a nightmare to find as it looks like a narrow back alley! 24 hour McDonald's nearby and Wetherspoons!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Nothing wrong with this hotel apart from the need to secure a portable heater when staying here during cold weather. The standard radiator can only be set to a maximum temperature of 23 degrees and cuts out when the unit reaches that level, regardless of the room itself having failed to do so.

Room Tip: If it's cold weather when you check in, ask for a portable radiator there and then before they a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed last year for a weekend and came back again to take our son to see Manchester City. Both visits were great. The rooms very clean and we all slept great. On both stays we recieved a warm and friendly welcome. Breakfast was really good and again customer service 100%. The location is great and we found Manchester a really nice city to visit with a lot to do and see. We look forward to our return visit. Thanks......

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family