Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel
Ranked #15 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a good Premiere Inn and great for Location! It is a 2 minute walk to the Arndale Shopping centre and a 20 minute drive to the Trafford Shopping centre. It was being fully refurbished when we stayed so air-con was down making room quite warm. However they had provided good fans and sheets instead of duvets if needed. The service was very good and because of uncomfortable heat in room, got money back with good night guarantee! There is lots of restaurants about and a Thyme restaurant attached - service and food very good! Breakfast was good - usual buffet style! Would definitely return but when the air-con is working again!

• Stayed: August 2013
MENPremierInn, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Charlotte H
I take it from reading your review regarding your stay at the Hotel that you were here for a shopping trip.
Yes I quite agree the location of this paticular hotel is ideal not just for shopping but for cconcerts at the Arena and somewhere nice to eat and have a night out.
I apologise for the air con but was glad to read that the staff dealt with this in the efficient manner that they always do. You will see a big difference next time you come to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and we had two rooms.
There was no air conditioning at the hotel as there is a refurbishment going on.
We were unable to change rooms as the hotel was very busy and was told that nothing could be done.
We came to breakfast for both Saturday and Sunday mornings and on both occasions an enthusiastic gentleman called Asif looked after me and my family in what I can only describe as the most professional and courteous manner possible, we were all very impressed with his service and attention and he seemed to genuinely care about our stay, I thought I would express my disappointment to him regarding our room and the lack of air conditioning.
He said to leave it to him as he would see what he could do, he came back and told us he has arranged everything under their good night guarantee scheme.
What can I say he is a great asset to Premier Inn. Thank you Asif!
As for the location it is ideally situated for city centre exploration.
We have already booked a further 4 nights stay in November as we had such a great time in Manchester, Cant wait! =)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Paulybeeline
Thank you for taking the time out to write such a positive review regarding your stay at this Hotel.
I was pleased to read that you were so profesionally looked after by Asif and your concerns were dealt with quickly and efficiently. It will give me great pleasure in making sure your comments are passed on to the whole team and we will all look forward to welcoming you and your family back when you visit Manchester again in November.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

not the prettiest building in Manchester but forget that. Staff excellent on arrival room huge and superbly clean bed huge !!!!!
Car parking is free which is a big bonus in the city centre
ideal for shopping, MEN etc
will definitely be returning here

Dear Dawnybrads
Thank you for taking time to write such a great review about the Hotel.
It's always nice to read that guests look foward to returning in the future and I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the Team who go above and beyond to make sure guests have the best stay possible.
We will look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Not the prettiest of buildings but great for a city break !!
The Hotel experienced a burst water pipe on the 4th floor while we stayed, However Credit due to the staff who where very professional in dealing with this problem . They could not do enough for us.
Views are pretty good and the other water feature is a fountain outside ...looks great at night!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear RalphO
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review regarding your stay at the hotel.
I was pleased to read that you felt the staff dealt with the problem of the burst water pipe so professionally, of course these things just happen but the fact that the Team are so efficient it makes for little impact on the guests which is what happend on the day in question.
On the plus side yes the Water Feature outside the hotel is very nice at night when it is all lit up and the steam is pumping out of the steel artwork very nice view from a high floor.
We look forward to welcomin you back when you next visit Manchester.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Run-of-the-Mill, good value, good standard hotel in a good location close to Printworks, Harvey Nicholls, The Arndale Centre and the general centre of Manchester. The hotel is currently receiving an upgrade but there was no disruption to our stay whatsoever. The only single thing that I wasn't overly impressed with was the lack of urgency on reception where I stood for 5mins with a couple of members of staff looking directly at me before one of them came over to ask if they could help... If I'm stood at reception with my bag on my shoulder and my booking confirmation in my hand then I would hazard a guess that I wanted to check-in !! At just £35 for a Friday night stay on August Bank Holiday Weekend I have no real complaints.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Scott2704
Thank you for posting a review about your stay at the Hotel.
I must admit it bothered me somewhat to read that you were left standing at Reception with so many staff hanging around and not attending to you, the team are usually so attentive in dealing with guests but let me assure you this matter will be looked into. On a more positive note it was good to read that there was no disruption to your stay with the re-furbishment of the Hotel that is taking place at the moment and we would look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Manchester.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Went to premier inn manchester, booked online, arrived and check in was very fast. Loads cheaper than other hotels especially as we only booked a few days in advance also in a great location for what we wanted. Right in the centre of manchester. Room was very clean and comfortable although the air conditioning was not working but we were informed of this on arrival and had two fans in the room already so wasn't too much of a problem. Bathroom nice and clean, didn't hear any noise from inside or outside even though we were central. Had a fab night, not the first time i've stayed in this hotel and definately wont be the last!!

Dear Katie E
Thank you for posting a review about the hotel.
It's always good to read reviews from guests who have stayed with us previously and returned, with such positive comments.
I will make sure your comments are passed on to the team and will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

fantastic form the moment we arrived couldnt fault the staff and to say its one of the older hotels premier inn have done their upmost to keep it modern and light and welcoming. look forward to seeing the renovation finished.

Dear 79DEEDEE
Thank you for posting such a positive review of the Hotel.
The Team will be delighted whe I pass on your comments to them. The re-furbishment is now underway and the rooms are looking very nice, completely different and I am sure you will be in for a pleasant surprise when you next stay with us.