Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel
Ranked #15 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Ellon, Aberdeenshire
“First Class”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a work trip to Manchester. Friendly staff, spacious room and an excellent hot breakfast to set us up for the day. Ok so the décor was a bit tired but the room was spotlessly clean and the bed comfortable - excellent value and definitely a chain I would recommend using again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MENPremierInn, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Ambrose1
Thank you for taking time out to write a review regarding your stay with us.
It's always great to be able to pass on such good feedback to the Team and I will be pleased to pass on your positive comments.
As for the decor we are just about to start a full re-furbishment of the Hotel so hopefully next time you come to stay with us you will see a massive difference.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Manchester, UK
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I'm becoming a fan of premier inn. Once again they deliver on every level. Customer service is outstanding, the room was comfortable and clean. Another good nights sleep. This hotel feels more basic than others I've stayed in but it was brilliant value.

It seems you can't go wrong with premier inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alan B

Thank you for writing such a positive review regarding your stay at our hotel.
I will take great delight in passing on your comments to the Team here at the Men/Arena Premier Inn who work really hard and remain focused at all times.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Firstly, great location for the MEN and printworks and the arndale centre but a completely poor hotel with awful service!!

Now I'm not one to complain, as I understand it is a budget hotel. But I came as part of a hen do, and believe because of that we were not treated as other guests. I asked for a twin room. Yet got a double... Which we were told could not be changed as the hotel was fully booked; I accepted this as a fault of our party. Next when entering our room a hotel attendant just let herself in without even knocking, this was annoying as I could've been doing anything!!! I let this go as obviously it was an accident. next when we were getting ready it was a hot day so I went to open the window, no windows open - so I went to turn the air conditioning on - BROKE!! Great so instead we had a crappy little fan which just blew hot air around the room. At this point I was getting really annoyed trying to get ready for a night out.

On enjoying my night and forgetting about the silly things that annoyed me beforehand, I came home and got in bed, only to be greeted by security at my door telling me to keep the noise down!!!! I was talking quietly in my room and a room a few doors down were playing loud music??

Overall my stay here was not good! The only upside was the location!! So I sent an complaint in through their own website in which they didn't even have the decency to reply! Disgusted!!!

• Stayed June 2013
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here with my husband from 4th July 2013 to the 8th. We chose this hotel because we were headed to the MEN Arena for an annual convention of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Premier Inns tend to be pretty reliable, and this was no exception. We arrived at around 5.30pm, and we were able to make use of the free parking. The check in process was nice an easy, as we checked in Online, and there was no long wait in the lobby.

Our room was very spacious, clean and presentable. Nice clean bathroom with shower and bath. Shower gel provided in a wall mounted dispenser.

We 2 fans in the room as the air conditioning wasn't working, and it was a heatwave, so the room was very hot, but the fan helped a lot and we kept it on the whole stay.

We had our towels changed each day, and tea + coffee replenished. It was good having the kettle in the room, we brought our own extra herbal teabags and earl grey, but they were really generous if you asked for more tea and milk.

The staff were very helpful, and clued up on the convention start and end times. We'd not visited Manchester before, so it was helpful having directions from them, and estimates as to how long it would take us to walk to the Arena in time for the program to start. The hotel is perfect for the arena, so close, you can see it from the window, and literally a 5-10 minute walk. (We stayed on the 8th floor)

The breakfast service was good - did the job, and considering the hotel was so busy with delegates from the convention, we were impressed by how helpful staff were and how quickly we were seated for breakfast. Dinner at the hotel was also a great experience and good value for money, but the hotel is so close to the centre, with the Arndale, Printworks and lots restaurants and shops around.

All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Dervinia

Thank you for takling the time to write a review with regards to your stay at The MEN/Arena Premier Inn.
It is always good to read that guests have enjoyed their stay as much as you did. Yes it was a very large convention and we had rather a lot of people staying with us that were attending this venue and the feedback that we have recieved from the guests has been overwhelming to say the least.
The Team at this hotel strive to ensure that every guest leaves the Hotel with the feeling that they would be happy to return and that they would have pleasure in recommending us to family and friends. As this convention is a annual gathering hopefully we will see you again next year when the Team will take great delight in welcoming you back.
Thank you again and take care.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Apart from the helpful staff and useful location, this hotel is distinctly average. The reception resembles a youth hostel and our room (although clean) was outdated and tired (very '90s in fact!). Breakfast was good though and the free car parking was good. However, don't expect any extravagance or luxury here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MENPremierInn, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear digitaljess

Thank you for taking the time out to write your review about your stay with us here at the Hotel.
I was sorry to read that you thought the hotel looked dated.
We are on the verge of starting a complete re-furbishment of the Hotel so hopefully if you stay with us again you will see a vast difference. It's always nice to read that the staff have been helpful and that our guests have enjoyed The All You Can Eat Breakfast.
Hopefully we will look forward to welcoming you back again.
Thank you again.
Harwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here for the "kings of leon" concert at the MEN arena,the walk is only about 5 minutes and the hotel is in prime location.The printworks is only a 5 minute walk also and has a range of restaurants to pick from also on top of that is the Arnadale shopping centre.The hotel was very clean and rooms were spacious,we also had breakfast there and that was worth the money as you could eat as much as you wanted and there was plenty of it,There was also a bar with a couple of machines to play.I would recommend this hotel you wont have a bad experience, the staff are very friendly and its worth the money I would stay here again

Room Tip: try and ask for a room higher up the building for better views of the city
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jnnvndrzndn

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about your stay with us.
I will pass on your comments to the Housekeeping Team with regards to the cleanliness of the Hotel and also the rest of the team with regards to their friendliness.
The whole Team here at The MEN Arena/Printworks take great pride in the jobs that they do and it's nice when you recieve such positive feedback like this.
wigan
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Well first of all I would like to say how brilliant the staff are that work here! customer service is 5* I have actually never experienced a hotel with as friendly welcoming staff as this hotel. In particular David and Brenda! David actually helped me with car problems too! They make our stays and make the atmosphere at this hotel great!
The rooms are very spacious and clean, music channels on the TV perfect for getting ready too. Also there is a bath with a shower which is good rather than either or.. Me and my friends always stay here when going on nights out and this year we have been to quite a few concerts so perfect for going watching the concert, walking 3 mins down the road to the hotel having some pre-drinks then hitting Manchester for the night out!
It is walking distance away from all the shops and restaurants so basically it's the perfect hotel for anyone wanting to be in the city center.
Will be staying here again lots in the future! very enjoyable stays every time we have been!

Big thanks to Bren and David!!! xx

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear HayleyR
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review regarding your stay at our Hotel.
It's always great to get fantastic feedback like yours about the staff at the Hotel. They work really hard and pride themselves on giving the best Customer Service ever.
I was pleased to read that we could help with your car problems as it is not good when you are away from home and come across problems of this nature.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and I will pass your comments on to the Team.