“Great central place”

Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel
Ranked #21 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The location was very good, you can get around Manchester on foot. There are so many things to do and see in Manchester, also shopping is great. The hotel was very clean and very secure - great budget hotel. Parking is expensive in the area - we paid £18.00 for 24 hours at the NCP. Breakfast was fine, there's also a Costa near by - plenty of places to eat.

Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed at this premier inn for one night when attending a show at the Opera House. Spotlessly clean and with a good firm bed, the room was excellent for your needs. We were offered a room on the second or seventh floor and our only mistake was taking the one on the second which meant that the noise from the fitness centre (directly below us) was noticeable late at night and early in the morning. If you get a similar offer take the higher floor. We ate at the restaurant/pub which was a table/table and satisfactory, and there is also a Costa Coffee chain in the hotel building. Would definitely stay again if attending an event at the Opera House or Bridgewater Hall.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

we were attendeing a match in Manchster and we would like to have a hotel within our budget and value against money and Premier Inn is always good. The room size was good and it was clean and we had a nice sleep their.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2014

If you are looking for a budget hotel near the centre of Town, handy for theatres restaurants and shopping then you need look no further. The staff are friendly, helpful and cheerful, the breakfast (provided by table table next door) is plentiful and you get to sleep with Lenny Henry (honest).

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We used this hotel as we were going out to a restaurant in central Manchester. It was a very good base. Facilities were good. The rooms were quiet apart from the doors banging inside the hotel. The mattress was a little hard for us but I'd put that down to personal preference.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as I was attending a trade show at the nearby Manchester Central exhibition centre (GMEX) I specifically booked this hotel due to it's close proximity to the exhibition centre but, that said, this hotel is also very well placed to reach the city centre centre, restaurants etc so is a really good base for a stay in Manchester.
Check in went smoothly and we received a warm and comprehensive from the lady manning the reception desk. My allocated room (315) was well appointed, clean and cosy - it is situated at the front of the hotel overlooking the Midland a Hotel which is opposite. Trams run directly outside but due to the excellent soundproofing, I hardly heard a thing:). It is worth noting that this room has a very small bathroom that has only a shower but no bath which may make a difference to some travelers and, in fact, did cause me some problems when I had problems working the shower as there was no alternative option to have a wash!
Anyway, moving on - whilst I didn't eat an evening meal at the hotel, we did have a drink in the bar- prices were fair and the service friendly and good. I did have the inclusive breakfast on both mornings of my stay - the food was of good quality and plentiful, you could have as much or little as you wanted, the staff were professional and friendly and the surroundings pleasant. I was a little surprised to see that some guests found it acceptable and were allowed to come down to breakfast in their pajamas !!!!! I have never seen that before and think the hotel management should address this - in my humble opinion.
The only niggles I had during my stay is that the bathroom ceiling had a substantial amount of damp related mould on it so I think that room should have a freshen up and a lick of damp proof paint to address this problem. The shower also needs to be looked at as I couldn't get it to work at all on the first morning of my stay and again had difficulties the next morning:( When I phoned down to Reception to report the problem I was told that nothing can be done until 8am when Housekeeping begin work - not the most helpful response when I had to leave for work!!! The problem was resolved after I had breakfast and I was able to eventually have a shower before going yo work but it did delay the start of my day by 45 minutes to an hour which was irritating.
I have come across this problem before at other Premier Inns I have stayed at and is THE most irritating thing about this chain of hotels - the lack of customer support at times outside normal working hours. Hospitality is a 24 hour job and not just 9-5, clients are on the premises 24 hours a day so I really do think that we should access to onsite and immediate help and assistance during these hours as well!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2014

After my last stay at a Premier Inn (disasterous, in London a week ago) I wasn't looking forward to this. But I've stayed in this one before and it was ok so I thought I'd give it a go.

Friendly, speedy checkin on arrival. Room warm and comfortable. Life needed a good clean as it looked like a tramp was sleeping in it.

Room fine. Clean and comfortable.

You can hear trains and traffic outside but it's not too bad and doesn't go on all night. Thankfully.

Overall it's a good PI and I'd stay again. Especially if nice girl with orange hair was on reception again :-)

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business