“Good for overnight stop”

Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel
Ranked #19 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The hotel was what you would expect from a Premier Inn. The rooms were quite small though, but the location is excellent for the City Centre and about a 15 minute walk from the MEN arena. Would advise if you are a light sleeper to request a room at the rear of the hotel, as there is a busy tram line at the front of the hotel. The trams run quite late and start early. But overall the hotel is good value for money and in a great location.

Room Tip: Rear of hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Centralpi, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us here at the Manchester Central Premier Inn.

As you say we are very centrally located in the City Centre and ideal for shops, Christmas Markets, restaurants, bars and tourist attractions.

We try and fill the back of the hotel up first as we do have trams running accross the road infront of the hotel. Unfortunately due the high occupancy this isn't always possible. The windows are all double glazed, front and back.

I hope you have the opportunity to visit Manchester again in the near future.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Central hotel but woken at 5.45am Sunday and Monday morning by Dust cart and dust bins being emptied!
Breakfast, Costa coffee out of an urn!! Undrinkable but food very good.
Dinner in restaurant very good

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Centralpi, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review.

I'm sorry you were disturbed by dust cart and bin lorry during the night. Unfortunately due to the city centre location fo the Hotel we sometimes are affected by businesses near by. Our own deliveries are only allowed to arrive after 8am.

We do try to recify this by using bedrooms away from this area but this is only possible when we have the availability. When you next stay with us please request a room to the back of the hotel.

I have passed your comments re the coffee in the restaurant over to their manager to invesgiatae. hopefully when you next stay with us it will be a lot better.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Ideal hotel for local shows & concerts, Clean comfy room & helpful staff. Located just off Oxford Road close to heart of Manchester. Good bars & and a great choice of places to eat nearby. All located on tram route for easy city travel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review, we hope you enjoyed your concert.

As you say we are very centrally located and ideal for concert venues, shops, bars and restaurants. We have a tram stop opposite the hotel at St Peters Square which is an ideal way to get around the City.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed on the 15th November 2013, as we were going to the Depeche Mode Concert at the MEN, the hotel is facing the Midland Hotel not far from Nynex Conference Centre, and just around the corner from Albert Square where the markets are, puts you in the mood for Christmas, hotel very nice and clean room at the front of the hotel. Would stay here again hotel ideal for lots of attractions.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room at the back as the trams start quite early and could wake...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review following your visit to manchester. I hope you enjoyed the Depeche Mode concert.

As you say we are very centrally located within easy access of shops, bars, restaurants and tourist attractions. Oh and of course the Christmas Markets that have just opened around the corner in Albert Square.

We hope you get a chance to come back to Manchester in the near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I think this is the sixth Premier Inn that I’ve stayed at in the last 18 months and what is striking is how consistently good they all are.

From the friendly and welcoming staff to the comfy beds and the excellent breakfasts the only fault you could make against the chain is that it’s too consistent so you have to look out of the window to remind yourself where you are.

The Manchester Central Inn is another excellent Premier Inn. From the team at check-in who, between the two of them, were happily (and efficiently) checking in about 8 guests at once, to the team in the restaurant for whom nothing was too much trouble.

I had a room on the 4th floor looking out over the city, rather than the tram line, so it was incredibly quiet. The bed, as ever, was beautifully comfortable

The hotel is located just across the road from the Manchester Central convention complex and about a 2 minute walk from St Peter’s Square tram stop, so it’s exceptionally convenient for the city.

Breakfast in the morning was plentiful with the hot buffet being constantly refreshed so everything was freshly cooked.

Positives
The Staff
The Food
The Bed

Possible negatives (if you’re being picky)
Some of the rooms look out over the street and the tram lines below. Towards the front of the hotel it was possible at times to hear the “toot” the trams make as they move off from the traffic lights, and if you were a very light sleeper I could imagine this might be an issue. However, in the rooms at the back of the hotel it was impossible to hear anything.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter as they don't overlook the tram lines.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Centralpi, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review following your stay with us here at the Manchester Central Hotel.

My team and I work hard at trying to ensure that each and every guest has the best possible stay and this is mirrored throughout our estate.

As you say we are very centrally located and ideal for bars, restaurants, shops and tourist attractions.

We try, subject to availability to allocate the rooms at the back of the hotel away from the tram lines. Unfortunately this isn't an option at all times due to high occupancy. Our windows are double glazed so the noise has been greatly reduced.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Very friendly staff, they make an effort and are so welcoming.There is a Tabletable and Costa coffee attached.Great location near to the Xmas Market, Deansgate, Oxford Rd and not far from all the main attractions. Car Park, NCP about 5 mins walk away and £4 discount if you get your ticket stamped, do that on arrival. The car park is the Geemex one. Tabletable for breakfast, rooms clean, you do get some slight City noise well drunks and that was 6 floors up but that's City life, gym on the first floor not sure how you use that we where there for Sat night only to celebrate the Xmas markets and have a few scoops. I would use this again, 2 mins from the Mancunian way very handy.

Room Tip: Handy for all the City attractions
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review following your stay with us. My team and I work hard at trying to ensure that each and every guest has the best possible stay.

As you say we are very centrally located and ideal for shops, Christmas Markets, bars, restaurants and all tourist attractions. We have a tram stop a few minutes away in St Peters Square so very easy to get around the City.

We have a discount with the NCP under the Convention Centre of 15% off your bill. Simply give your car park ticket to the receptionist and she will apply an additional bar code. Then when you put it in the machine to pay your discount is applied.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend. Slept appallingly. Constant noise from the road, other guests in the hotel, noise from the extractor fan and air con unit in my room constantly making noise. Did mention this the next morning and the response from the receptionist was very unsympathetic. This made me very upset as I had been awake since 1pm, after finally falling asleep just before midnight. 1 hour sleep!! I returned to my room and cried. I didnt want my money back, and still don't, I just wanted a bit understanding and sympathy. My room was transferred on the second night, however the noise was just as bad on the second night. The window in my room might as well have been open. I left after 2 nights extremely tired and feeling ill from the lack of sleep. The one good thing was the breakfast which I enjoyed. I never complain anywhere as there are so many people out there who complain for the daftest things, and I am sure the staff here and at other places get fed up of it. However this time I was genuinely upset and was made to feel like I was just moaning. I wouldn't stay here again, but I will still use Premier Inn's and I am sure I will receive the great service that I always experience.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013