“Concert stay”

Ranked #28 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Concert stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Ideal hotel for local shows & concerts, Clean comfy room & helpful staff. Located just off Oxford Road close to heart of Manchester. Good bars & and a great choice of places to eat nearby. All located on tram route for easy city travel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Centralpi, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review, we hope you enjoyed your concert.

As you say we are very centrally located and ideal for concert venues, shops, bars and restaurants. We have a tram stop opposite the hotel at St Peters Square which is an ideal way to get around the City.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed on the 15th November 2013, as we were going to the Depeche Mode Concert at the MEN, the hotel is facing the Midland Hotel not far from Nynex Conference Centre, and just around the corner from Albert Square where the markets are, puts you in the mood for Christmas, hotel very nice and clean room at the front of the hotel. Would stay here again hotel ideal for lots of attractions.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room at the back as the trams start quite early and could wake...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review following your visit to manchester. I hope you enjoyed the Depeche Mode concert.

As you say we are very centrally located within easy access of shops, bars, restaurants and tourist attractions. Oh and of course the Christmas Markets that have just opened around the corner in Albert Square.

We hope you get a chance to come back to Manchester in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I think this is the sixth Premier Inn that I’ve stayed at in the last 18 months and what is striking is how consistently good they all are.

From the friendly and welcoming staff to the comfy beds and the excellent breakfasts the only fault you could make against the chain is that it’s too consistent so you have to look out of the window to remind yourself where you are.

The Manchester Central Inn is another excellent Premier Inn. From the team at check-in who, between the two of them, were happily (and efficiently) checking in about 8 guests at once, to the team in the restaurant for whom nothing was too much trouble.

I had a room on the 4th floor looking out over the city, rather than the tram line, so it was incredibly quiet. The bed, as ever, was beautifully comfortable

The hotel is located just across the road from the Manchester Central convention complex and about a 2 minute walk from St Peter’s Square tram stop, so it’s exceptionally convenient for the city.

Breakfast in the morning was plentiful with the hot buffet being constantly refreshed so everything was freshly cooked.

Positives
The Staff
The Food
The Bed

Possible negatives (if you’re being picky)
Some of the rooms look out over the street and the tram lines below. Towards the front of the hotel it was possible at times to hear the “toot” the trams make as they move off from the traffic lights, and if you were a very light sleeper I could imagine this might be an issue. However, in the rooms at the back of the hotel it was impossible to hear anything.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter as they don't overlook the tram lines.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Centralpi, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review following your stay with us here at the Manchester Central Hotel.

My team and I work hard at trying to ensure that each and every guest has the best possible stay and this is mirrored throughout our estate.

As you say we are very centrally located and ideal for bars, restaurants, shops and tourist attractions.

We try, subject to availability to allocate the rooms at the back of the hotel away from the tram lines. Unfortunately this isn't an option at all times due to high occupancy. Our windows are double glazed so the noise has been greatly reduced.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Very friendly staff, they make an effort and are so welcoming.There is a Tabletable and Costa coffee attached.Great location near to the Xmas Market, Deansgate, Oxford Rd and not far from all the main attractions. Car Park, NCP about 5 mins walk away and £4 discount if you get your ticket stamped, do that on arrival. The car park is the Geemex one. Tabletable for breakfast, rooms clean, you do get some slight City noise well drunks and that was 6 floors up but that's City life, gym on the first floor not sure how you use that we where there for Sat night only to celebrate the Xmas markets and have a few scoops. I would use this again, 2 mins from the Mancunian way very handy.

Room Tip: Handy for all the City attractions
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Centralpi, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review following your stay with us. My team and I work hard at trying to ensure that each and every guest has the best possible stay.

As you say we are very centrally located and ideal for shops, Christmas Markets, bars, restaurants and all tourist attractions. We have a tram stop a few minutes away in St Peters Square so very easy to get around the City.

We have a discount with the NCP under the Convention Centre of 15% off your bill. Simply give your car park ticket to the receptionist and she will apply an additional bar code. Then when you put it in the machine to pay your discount is applied.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend. Slept appallingly. Constant noise from the road, other guests in the hotel, noise from the extractor fan and air con unit in my room constantly making noise. Did mention this the next morning and the response from the receptionist was very unsympathetic. This made me very upset as I had been awake since 1pm, after finally falling asleep just before midnight. 1 hour sleep!! I returned to my room and cried. I didnt want my money back, and still don't, I just wanted a bit understanding and sympathy. My room was transferred on the second night, however the noise was just as bad on the second night. The window in my room might as well have been open. I left after 2 nights extremely tired and feeling ill from the lack of sleep. The one good thing was the breakfast which I enjoyed. I never complain anywhere as there are so many people out there who complain for the daftest things, and I am sure the staff here and at other places get fed up of it. However this time I was genuinely upset and was made to feel like I was just moaning. I wouldn't stay here again, but I will still use Premier Inn's and I am sure I will receive the great service that I always experience.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have stayed here twice recently. First occasion had a rear facing room which was quiet. Breakfast is help yourself to everything, grill, toast, tea etc. It was OK. They certainly passed one test when my wife asked for 2 poached eggs on toast. These arrived within a few minutes, were hot and soft and the toast wasn't soggy. The next time we stayed we were rear facing again but above the kitchen extract fans which were left running all night - not sure whether intentionally or accidentally. We struggled to get any sleep at all and asked for a refund under their guarantee of a good night's sleep. The refund was granted without quibble. This time my wife's poached eggs were solid and cold ! So, conclusion, you might be lucky or unlucky - its "on the day" ! But having said that £ 64.50 for B & B for 2, some might say what do you expect !

Room Tip: Traffic at the front - at the rear try and avoid the kitchen extract fans.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Centralpi, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review following your latest stay with us. My team and I work hard at trying to ensure that each and every guest has the best possible stay.

I'm sorry the air-con units kept you awake during your stay, unfortunately due to the design of the hotel we have some units in various parts of the building, not just on the roof. We always try, when availability allows us to book the rooms away from these units first.

I've passed on your comments to our Table Table restaurant General Manager re the eggs. Hopefully we'll get them right on your next visit.

We hope you will soon be returning to the Hotel in the near future.

yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We recently stayed for one night as needed a hotel near the Bridgewater Hall - it couldn't be better placed. Friendly, helpful staff. Room clean and comfortable. We were able to get a light meal and a reasonable glass of wine after the concert ( food can be ordered until 10 pm)Breakfast which was included in our room rate was excellent and we would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing your review following your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your event at the Bridgewater Hall.

As you say we are very centrally located, across the road from the Convention Centre and next door to the Bridgewater Hall. Ideal for shops, bars, restaurants and theatres.

We have a Table Table restaurant within the Hotel which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner along with a Costa Coffee shop if you prefer something lighter.

I hope you have the opportunity to return to Manchester in the near future.