Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel
  • Pool
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)
  • Breakfast included
1,919 results
All reviewsbridgewater halltable tablecosta coffeetram stoppalace theatreoxford road stationbudget hotelminute walkexcellent locationair conncp car parkfamily roomgood nights sleepmeal dealcomfy bedreception staffwould stay again
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Very nice comfortable, clean friendly hotel, very convient to trams to city, Breakfast was instant and great choices, It was nice and relaxing and peaceful considering where it is. highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We recently had a four night break in Manchester and decided to try the Premier Inn Manchester Central. We were more than satisfied with everything! The room was large, spotlessly clean and very quiet despite being in a central location. The buffet breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice , we were even offered vegetarian sausage, a rare occurance in our experience.The staff were lovely and most helpful. A lovely visit, in a lovely hotel, to a lovely city.

Room Tip: All rooms were the same, lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The hotel is located just off Oxford streed, with easy access to public transport and central Manchester. Check-in was friendly, but in a very impersonal area. The room and bathroom were very small, but OK for singly occupancy. It would have been too tight for two people. In spite of being high up, there was a lot of noise coming through the windows, and the AC was also noisy. The handle to open the windows was partly broken, allowing only one window to tilt to a 10cm opening. This made the room quite warm on sunny days.
There was a kettle, but no mini-bar, and very limited information about the hotel. The bathroom was not super clean, especially the fan, and ran out of soap towards the end of the week, which was not replaced. In spite of hanging my towels on the rack, to signal housekeeping I would use them again, they were replaced every day. Breakfast was good, but not outstanding, with limited continental breakfast choices available at the buffet. Vegetarian sausages or hot porridge are available by request. However, after a week of English breakfast, I could have done with just fresh rolls and cheese.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the end of the hallway, as the extra fire door at the beginning causes quite a lot of extra noise
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank IlseAstro
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here last Saturday and Sunday night we arrived on Saturday and got checked in by a very helpful receptionist named Melissa . Everything was fine when we got to our room until later on when I took a shower. I was in the shower and stepped down to the other end of the bath. As I did this I slipped and fell hitting my back on the edge of the bath and then landed on the bathroom floor. I was in agony and my boyfriend had to rush in to help me. I immediately rang reception spoke to a man called Cole. He offered to get me a doctor/something from the chemist said he was sorry i had slipped and offered me my money back under their money back guarantee. I was happy enough with this but explained that there should be a bath/shower mat in every bathroom as it was so slippy it was lethal. He told me they dont have any bath/shower mats. The following day I went down to reception again to ask about a shower mat and to ask about getting my money back. The girl I talked to was Melissa (the one who had checked us in). She knew nothing about my accident even though Cole (a blatant liar) told me he had taken a note of it on their computer system. I explained what happened she apologised and immediately got me to fill in an Accident Report Form. She also got me a shower mat sent to my room. She told me the manager would be in the following morning if i wanted to speak to her. The next morning before we were checking out I met with their operations manager a woman named Darine. She seemed nice but basically told me that the reason I slipped and fell was because of my the shower gel that I had used. I was taken aback by this obviously and told her what am I supposed to do not use any shower gel? She just kept saying oh u know even at home sometimes I'm sure u slip due to the shower gel u use. I said I have never slipped in any shower before. She assured me she would send the ARF to their head office and they would come out and investigate. She then told me I could not get my money back as if they gave it to me then they would be admitting liability and she obviously doesnt think they were to blame for their bath being slippy. I am still waiting to hear back from them and I am going to give them until next week but I doubt I will hear back from them as apparantly it was my fault. My back is still very sore and very very bruised and my neck is still very painful too. I am definitly going to take this further for the sake of principle because god forbid I had been pregnant or an elderly person that this had happened to. Its just unbelievable to think they are blaming my shower gel when their bath surface was as slippery as an ice rink.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 425
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank CLAIRE C
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Thank you for your review. I was most concerned to learn of your recent experience with Premier Inn. Please be assured we take the welfare of our guests very seriously and we are currently investigating this matter with the Management Team.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

With a special rate of 29gbp, how could I go wrong? The staff was attentive, the room was clean and comfortable (bring your own toiletries!) and it is located smack in the middle of everything. I would come back again.
The restaurant offered breakfast, full english, for an additional charge and it was well presented.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a bad spot!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business