Have stayed in this Premier Inn a couple of times in the last few months. It is in a great location, right across the road from the Midland Hotel and very near the GMex, Bridgewater Hall and library. When I stayed in December, it was just around the corner to the huge Christmas market - lots of prezzies bought and delicious snacks eaten!
I've also stayed at the PI which is a couple of minutes away (Portland Road?). That is also good, but this one is quieter & it has a gym - so if there wasn't much in the price is (and I seem to often see them both around £70), this is the one I'd pick.
What I liked:
* Big, comfy room with Freeview TV, extra pillows and big windows
* I was asked if I wanted a bathroom or a shower-room when I checked-in - really liked this!
* Couldn't believe how quiet it was, both times I've stayed here.
* Great location, near Oxford Road station, tram stop and just around the corner from the free bus from Piccadilly Station
* Friendly staff, especially at breakfast
What I didn't like:
* I don't like the one-price breakfast, £8 is pricey if you just want cereal and coffee
* The coffee at breakfast wasn't the best.
Just one more thing I'd like to add in praise of this Premier Inn. When I arrived in my room, I noticed the aircon was very noisy - but then immediately saw a letter from the manager explaining that there was a fault, but that electic heaters had been put in the room so that the aircon could be turned off. And there was an invitation to request extra bedding if needed - things do go wrong from time to time, but when problems are dealt with this well, that gets a big tick from me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Manchester city centre, opposite Manchester Central Convention Complex (formerly Gmex) and within walking distance of Bridgewater Hall, Town Hall, Oxford St, Deansgate and city centre shops bars and restaurants. Our Manchester Central Premier Inn has everything you'd expect and also boasts a Costa coffee shop, Touchbase business centre with free to use business lounge,free use of the Fitness First Health Club within the hotel and an onsite Table Table restaurant for a fresh new twist on eating out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel Manchester
- Premier Inn Gmex