“Value for money budget hotel”

Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel
Ranked #26 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Value for money budget hotel”
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Comfortable, clean and modern, en-suite room. Basic facilities, friendly service. Location is excellent. At 29 pounds for a one night stay - very good value.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Gloucester
Reviewed April 18, 2011

The check in staff were happy to help with the automatic check in machine and the restaurant and bar staff had the right balance between friendliness and efficiency.
The sound of the air-con in the bedroom was noticeable in the dead of the night but apart from that everything was good value for money.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I stayed on the Premier Inn Manchester Central on a business trip, booking the room plus meal deal of 3-course dinner and breakfast. The dinner was OK standard, could have been better but not bad for the price. The breakfast was really good, much better than I remembered from previous stays at other Premier Inns.

The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. What they excelled in was making a lone female business traveller feel comfortable and secure. I am quite confident but dining alone is not a comfortable think for me. I was brought a newspaper to read at dinner whcih made me feel less conspicuous. 3 courses in one hit is a bit much for me so I asked if I could have the main course at the table and take the starter and dessert to my room. This was done without fuss and very nicely presented. It meant I could do some work in the room, watch TV and relax with a late supper. My room was close to the lift so I did not have to wander about, this made me feel more secure.

The room itself was very nice, large windows with a nice view of Manchester roof tops. There was a comfortable chair (I hate having to sit on the bed to watch TV!), the bed was super comfortable as usual for Premier Inn, everything really clean. The room was a bit cold but there was a small heater which sorted it out. I was at the back of the building so very quiet.

All in all, one of the best Premier Inns I have stayed in, and I am a fan.

Room Tip: Have the breakfast, it is a really good standard.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2011

It was only £29.00 a night for me, wife and daughter to stay the night. I chose this hotel as it was near china town and also canal street where the gay bars are. Me and my family visited the gay area and found it to be a fun and loud place to visit. The hotel was very nice the beds where comfortable and the rooms had air con. The only criticizes I have is the lack of parking which their are none. The parking offered is at a close by NCP car park with a small discount but still would cost £13.00 plus. There is a close by car park called first street car park that cost £8.00 which is stituated on the over side of the canal behind the hotel and takes about 4 mins to walk. i would recommend this hotel to you if you want a comfortable nights sleep with out a hugh dent in your wallet.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Guisborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I read a review on this hotel prior to staying which said it was a 5 mile walk to city centre ! I think it was a typo because all you have to do is walk 5 mins up the street and your in the city centre , very clean , very helpful reception staff , suprisingly quiet ! All in all a very good stay , car parking is in NCP further down the road but you get your ticket stamped at reception and get a decent discount on parking when you come to pay , I would gladly reccomend this hotel .

• Stayed March 2011
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2011

arrived with no record of my booking or that we had paid... finally an hour later into my room after they had to book me in again.
when i arrived home they threatened to take the money out of my account as they said i booked two rooms and never paid for them. it was a shambles.

on the plus side nice enough rooms, nic brakfast. not so good dinners

• Stayed March 2010
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Manchester Central Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Thank you very much for your review, your feedback is really appreciated. It is our main objective that we deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and on the occasions we do not meet the expectations of our guests we take all comments very seriously. Please be assured your comments will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
uk
Reviewed January 7, 2011

We have just returned from a 2 night trip with work colleagues. Initially, upon seeing we were staying in a Premier Inn, I was a little dissapointed. How wrong I was!.
The hotel was spotless with comfy beds, clean rooms and all the basics one needs for a business trip away. The conference facilities/meeting rooms were great with helpful/attentive staf and free WiFif. Breaksfast and lunch were tasty, plentiful and well presented.
Overall a fantastic stay in a brilliant, city centre spot. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business