Premier Inn Manchester (Heaton Park) Hotel
Travelocity
$133
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeefeater next doorbeefeater restaurantstayed herebusy roadmetro stopcity centremeal dealfamily roommain roadreception staffcomfortable roomminute walkcar parkgood nights sleepnight stayconvenient locationnight's sleep
Reviewed October 31, 2011

On arrival we ate in the Beefeater attached to the hotel where the staff where very friendly and helpful and the food value for money. Our room in the hotel was on the front of the building and the traffic from the road could be heard despite the window being closed. The room however was spotlessly clean and modern, bed comfy. Tram station about a 10 min walk away for the very short journey into Manchester city. A good stay overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the carpark!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Fabtastic staff!!Reception girls were friendly and super helpful. Deffo do this hotel again if we visit MEN arena.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The rooms are lovely but the resturant food and service is very very poor

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stayed here with my son in order to spend a weekend in and around Manchester, including visiting an event at Heaton Park, directly opposite the hotel.

Check-in was efficient, including the receptionist spotting that, when I had cancelled my wife's booking, her meal deal hadn't cancelled. We were given a key (a long time since I had an actual key for a room!), and headed up to our room.

First impressions weren't positive; the corridor and room smelled of cigarette smoke (as ever, this was a no smoking hotel, and no smoking room). The room was a good size, but was looking tired. A dated television and decor, and a bathroom where the taps didn't work properly. Indeed, the cold tap made the most horrendous noise imaginable, and the hot tap was difficult to switch off once it was in operation!

Having booked a meal deal, we headed (after watching Doctor Who!) to the Beefeater next door. The restaurant was busy, but the hotel receptionist had booked a table for us, so we were seated promptly. Service wasn't anything to write home about, but the meals were very good. Some confusion over the bill ensued, where I was initially charged far too much, and then charged too little.

Back to our hotel room, which faced the car park and so avoided traffic noise, and we had a good night's sleep, smell of smoke and consequent headache notwithstanding. We headed back to the Beefeater for breakfast, where the service was extremely friendly and attentive, and the food and selection were both excellent.

I would stay here again if attending events at Heaton Park, as it is so very convenient. However, if staying again in Manchester, I would look elsewhere. I have stayed in a number of Premier Inns previously, and this ranks as the worst that I have experienced.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Staff were so friendly, room was more spacious than I expected and very very clean and nicely furnished. Work in the serviced apartment industry so very conscious of my surroundings when staying in a hotel, especially one so cheap.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple