“Average!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Venezuela
“Average!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The place is beautiful but the staff is just poor ! nice for some drinks but not for dinner, the food is not that good and the staff either! is a shame because the place is new and very modern.

3 Thank flacavenezuela

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great concept backed up by great food and service”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The waitress explaind the concept of the place - the food comes as it is ready, some dishes are for sharing, some tapas and some stand alone.

The tapas dishes were excellent, everything came really quickly, very well presented and really tasty. The chicken wings were amazing as were the nachos. Chicken and mozzarella quesidillas were also fantastic as was the red rice.

The ambience wasn't very Mexican - however while I was waiting for my friend to arirve 3 of my favourite songs were played so I certainly wasn't complaining!!

Will definitely be back :)

• Visited January 2014
Sale, United Kingdom
“Not Wahaca!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My Fiance and I went for dinner at Lucha Libre last Night (Sunday 16th Feb). We were really excited about it as we both love Mexican food and have just booked our honeymoon to Mexico!

We were seated immediately and a waitress came to take our drinks order and explain the menu to us - this was really helpful as some are sized like tapas but others are enough food for one full meal.

There were so many things to choose from but we decided on the Street food tray: 3 Pork pil bil tacos, a potato and chorizo quesadilla, 3 chicken tacquitos (think that's their name!) and the menu offered a mushroom quesadilla but we swapped for a pork belly and pineapple one. The meal trays come with red rice or refried beans (we opted for rice) and a choice of salsa (we chose Chipotle).

We had some spiced popcorn to start which I really enjoyed but my partner thought tasted a bit sour.

The food came pretty quickly and we tucked in. Although the pulled pork in the pil bil was nicely spiced, the texture was a bit dry. I loved the pork and pineapple quesadilla but more pineapple needed (think it was tinned too...).

The potato and chorizo quesadilla was my least favourite - bit bland and the chorizo didn't taste great.

The chicken taquitos were the best on the tray - really fresh.

The salsa was ok, nothing special thought and very smooth - like a sauce, not chunky. The rice was bland and seemed like it was from a packet.

We decided to share churros for dessert - having made these at home before we know how delicious they can be - they were soooooooooooooo greasy! They were on a sheet of paper in a basket - this soaked up none of the oil whatsoever and they were actually dripping when we picked them up! The last one I actually put in a napkin and squeezed before I ate it as it was so oily.

Overall an ok meal, maybe we have been spoilt by going to Wahaca in London a few times which is fabulous, but we won't be rushing back - I would go back but not in a hurry. Shame really!

5 Thank RachDewsnap
Belfast, United Kingdom
“VERY average, wont be back”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had high hopes for this place, with the facebook activity and the enticing menu. Hopes were dashed, the food was mediocre at best, the chef obviously does not know how to season food. Disappointing all round. Good service though whcih made the experience bearable. Noticed on facebook a friend had checked in there and had been told off at the bar for laughing too loudly.... really??? wont be back.

2 Thank Mrsmurph2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excelente!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Visited at lunch time on Valentines Day.

My wife and I were quickly seated, staff were very friendly and food was served quickly. We both felt welcome and both really enjoyed the "street food tray" sharing platter, which was very filling. Staff offered advice on what would go with what, and the food was extremely authentic.

Great to see/taste Mexican street food in Manchester.