Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel
Ranked #37 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Staff here couldn't have been more helpful and there is someone always on hand to help day or night. Food was good but not the best but overall everything was good and will definitely stay again. Room was comfy and very clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarah K, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Jamie S,

Thank you for your review.
I am very pleased to hear our teams were on hand to help you at all times with whatever you needed.
I will pass your feedback to all our teams for you.
We constantly look to improve all aspects of guests stay and I will feedback your comments to your restaurant. However we have recently updated our menu, this can been seen on our website.
I hope this helps.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed in this hotel on recommendation of a friend. Overall good experience apart from one fact that the location was not that great. Good, friendly staff and cleanliness is commendable. Free wifi and breakfast provide good value for money.

Room Tip: Go for the free breakfast and dinner deal
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank VOYAGE2015

Dear VOYAGE2015,

Thank you for your review. I am very glad to hear your feedback around our hotel and our teams.

We do the very best for our guests with our location. We have secondary glazing to help keep the traffic noise out. There is also a free shuttle bus across the road that runs during the day and into the late afternoon to take you to town centre.

Although as you say we are slightly south of the heart of the city we are only a short walk from Deansgate Locks bars and restaurants.
When staying again please come and speak with a member of our reception team available 24 hours a day. We have lots of travel info available for our guests and can book inexpensive taxis if you require.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel is great. Staff were very friendly and do everything they can to make your stay comfortable. The room is a great size, comfy bed, modern, very clean and bathroom the same. Free wifi, air conditioning, free parking. I will definitely stay again. I was an alone female traveller and felt very safe and the hotel food is good too :)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Kelly J

Dear Kelly J,

Thank you taking the time to give us a wonderful review.

It is extremely important to us that lone females feel comfortable and secure while staying in any Premier Inn. This is part of our core guest service and I am very glad to hear you felt our teams were welcoming and friendly.

I will pass you comments back to our teams for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Manchester.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel twice now and would stay again over that of a Travelodge or any other hotel in Manchester. It does what it says on the tin...value for money, a really comfortable bed, pleasant staff, clean, air conditioned and all the city's amenities within walking distance. Even the noise of the A57 didn't bother us. Worth a try...

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crystalbarbie

Dear crystalbarbie,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a very strong review.
I am so pleased to hear you had another good stay with us.

I will pass you comments to our teams.

We look forward to welcoming you on your return.

Kindest Regards.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We recently stayed at the Premier Inn for a 1 night stay while going to the O2 in Manchester to see the Flaming Lips . It was great reception and bar staff were really friendly and helpful . The room was immaculate as was the bar area and for a premier inn it had a lot of staff which I find really comforting.
My only criticism was that 2 teabags for 2 people for the duration of the stay means you have to ask at reception for more and that we were only provided with 1 bath towel. I know hotels are trying to cut costs but 1 towel between 2 doesn't give the impression of a quality hotel and meant that once again we had to go to ring reception for a 2nd towel. Please provide 1 per person .
Breakfast was great and the breakfast staff were friendly and helpful. Premier inn used to be the cheapest option but quite often now their prices are the same as other hotels so if they can just get the towel and teabag situation sorted they would be looked on by me and my partner in a more favourable way.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear ruth1724,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review and some really useful feedback.

At check in if you ask for extra towels and tea and coffee we will provide as much as you require for your stay. Our teams are on call to help 24 hours a day. Your can even call ahead and we will ensure they are in your room before you arrive!

We do have rooms from £29 available on our website, but these are subject to availability and they do sell out extremely quickly as we are in high demand.
I would advise around 8 weeks inn advance to grab one of these offers, although we do have saver options each and everyday.
Please see our website for full information.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Manchester. Our teams are also on hand to advise the best way to get our saver rooms on our website and we will be happy to assist.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Nice clean hotel, very friendly staff, good location within a few minutes walk of Manchester City Centre. Just one small gripe, if you want more than one cup of tea or coffee in your room be prepared to beg for some more!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ian C,

Thank you for your review.
I am very happy to hear you found your room to good standard and our teams helpful.

Next time you stay with us simply speak to reception at check in and we will give you a little bag full of tea, coffee and milk etc. We also have de-caff and fruit teas available for our guests 24 hours a day.
Just ask a team member.
I do hope to welcome you back to Deansgate Locks again in the future.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

A short but brilliant and comfortable stay at this very accessible hotel to the centre of Manchester with my family. Staff were excellent as expected and they were fantastic with the children. A winner for my wife and I.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Liam D,

WoW Thank you for an awesome review!

I am so pleased to hear both you and your family had a great stay with us and found our teams to be helpful, welcoming and approachable.

We do try to be as family focused as possible and I am very glad to hear you found us just that!

Thank you again for your review, I will pass your comments to our teams for you.

Kindest Regards.