and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel
Ranked #40 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Excellent service, clean rooms and very comfortable extra large beds! The breakfast seemed a tad expensive but when I saw the choice and all I could eat and how good it all was it ended up a bargain! The staff are amazingly helpful and smiley! Right opposite is the number 2 free bus service to town centre which runs in a loop non stop until just after 7pm but rememmber you have to flag the bus down! You have to use your room card to operate the lift which made me feel very secure as non guest couldn't get up to the rooms..great idea.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jowhyStaines
Sarah K, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear jowhyStaines

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Breakfast as you say is good value with the range and choices we have available and I am pleased to hear you were impressed.
I will pass your comments to our teams and look forward to welcoming you back to Deansgte Locks again in the future.

Kind Regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,862)

Reviewed April 18, 2014

All staff were very friendly - a credit to Premier Inn - the rooms were clean and well maintained. Booking in advance gets the great price of £29; now my two children are both 16+, a family room won't do, so we get two rooms, and it's still cheaper than many other hotels. As others have said, this hotel is in an excellent location: right next to the inner ring road (but not noisy), so easy to each, especially from the south, it's only a short drive to Old Trafford or the Trafford Centre, and only a 15-20 minute walk into the heart of Manchester (there's a free shuttle bus up to 7pm).

The internet was supposed to the free for 30 minutes, but actually it was free all the time as part of a trial - very welcome, as I use the internet for checking local attractions, restaurants, shopping and cinema, so half an hour isn't enough.

The breakfast was fine, but I think it's too expensive - indeed, it rose in price between booking and our stay, and I hadn't paid in advance; for the 4 of us this was £35 per morning, which I think is too much. Of course, it was better value before the children turned 16 as they ate free.

I hadn't been to Manchester for many years, I was very impressed by how much it has developed, we all really enjoyed our short stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Usamah_London

Thank you for your review and your feedback. I am glad our teams took good care of you. I will pass you comments to our teams.
We have recently upgraded our breakfast range after guest feedback and research to offer a wider range to our guests. When you stay again speak to us about our meal deal offers as we always have competitive offers available to our guests.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We were welcomed with a smile, and nothing was too much trouble.the room was large, clean & tidy and the bed was huge and really really comfortable. It was the perfect base for our stay in Manchester, a 10 - 15 minute stroll into the heart of things. The next time we plan a visit to Manchester we will definitely stop here and at £29 we would be mad not to.

Room Tip: Fourth floor very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear donnahalifax

Thank you very much for your feedback and review. I will pass you comments to our teams. I am very glad to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Deansgate Locks again in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

From the moment we booked in at reception until we left,we could not fault the service provided.We have stayed at a number of Premier Inn's around the country and this outshines them all.Would recommend

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear V-man62

Thank you very much for your review and feedback. I will pass this to all our team members. Wonderful to hear you had a top stay with us.

Many Thanks again.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

With a Premier Inn I have found you can always expect a clean room and decent breakfast at a reasonable cost. This one was no different and I would not hesitate to stay there again were I to have to travel to Manchester.

Room Tip: Remember to check if central heating is on because we were awakened during the night and it took us...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

DEar DCM1a

Thank you for your feedback and review. I am pleased to hear you found us dependable and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Deansgate Locks again in the future.

We now have air conditioning in every room and reception team are able to remotely control the temperature in guests rooms. If you have any difficulty with the system in the future please call reception and a team member will always help you.
However I will pass you feedback to our maintenance team for investigation.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Hi stayed at this hotel with my husband and 2 children - rooms were good, food was excellent and staff went over and above what would be expected. They made the stay 5 star - they had excellent interaction with the guests and helped in every way possible to make our stay memorable.

Room Tip: We were on the side of the overpass which is a busy road and heard absolutely nothing -
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Claire S
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. It is a pleasure to hear our teams welcomed you and made your stay a special one. I will pass your comments on to our teams. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Deansgate Locks again in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Have no complaints about this hotel. We stayed here for two nights for a stag do and it was perfect for what we needed. It was clean, beds were comfy and breakfast was very good and good value for money.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Amumusic
Thank you for your review and feedback. Very glad to hear you all had a great stay with us on your stag doo. We have lots of guests very impressed with our breakfasts and I am pleased to hear your stay was no exception. I will pass you comments on to our teams.
Kind Regards.