Stayed 1 night for a work conference in Manchester. It was a 10min walk to any shops, but the receptionist was very helpful with providing directions. I had dinner in the thyme restaurant onsite. I waited at the sign to be seated, looked around & eventually went to the bar to ask if I could have a seat. He informed me to wait back at the sign & they'd serve me there. When I went back, a lady was standing there, busy on the computer. She did acknowledge me, but it was ages before she asked what I wanted. It was a Wed night & an almost empty restaurant, so I laughed when she said she'd need to check if a table was free. I seriously thought she was kidding.
After much walking around, past multiple empty tables, she informed me I'd need to wait till she cleaned & prepared a table! Having just come in from the rain I was wet, & cold & just wanted to sit down. So I waited & waited & eventually was let to the table. Other than the initial minor issue & delay in being seated, the food was delicious. Reasonably priced & good portions.
My room was very clean & the bed was comfortable. 30min free Wifi is very handy too. The shower head did blast out & I wasn't able to adjust the flow at all. I opened the net curtain on the window to have the whole thing- curtain & rod, fall off onto my head. The rod wasn't attached to the wall or secured in place, the rod simply fits via tension between the window sill, so luckily I was able to put it back in place.
I was on the 3rd floor, but I could head the traffic noise outside from a main road, despite the double glazing. I could also hear people walking up & down the creaky hallway on my floor & the one above. Luckily I was very tired & got to sleep quickly.
I'd stay again due to the friendly staff & comfy bed 5/5. For noise factor & distance to shops 3/5. Overall a pleasant stay with some minor issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated close to Old Trafford and just a short walk to main attractions and transport. Ideally positioned next to the free 7 day city centre shuttle bus service. Our Manchester (Deansgate Locks) Premier Inn has everything you'd expect - incredibly comfy beds in every room and an integrated restaurant serving a mix of traditional and contemporary dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel Manchester
- Premier Travel Inn Manchester
- Manchester Premier Inn