We spent one night here as visiting the comedy store. Good location and free parking. Staff friendly and helpful. Room spaciouis. But ...
It has been unseasonably warm this weekend but the temperature in our room all night was 29 degrees. Staff provided a fan which was welcome but didn't really make a great deal of difference. We had window open but our room was over front door and where people congregate to smoke which mean smoke drifted up to our room.
Cleanliness of room - generally OK but I had to remove a load of hair left by earlier occupants from the bath plug ( yuk!) and the overflow in the bathroom sink was full of black mould.
The fire alarm went off whilst we were having breakfast probably about 8.15. This was a shambles. No one seemed to know what they were doing. Eventually one of the dining room staff said it was for real and we followed her out of the building. Lots of guest were hanging around the front entrance when we noticed the dining room staff were at the back of the carpark which we therefore assumed was the fire assembly point. Other guests were looking out of windows to find out what was happening. There was a man with a high vis jacket and with a megaphone but we never heard him use it.
Eventually we were let back , probably after 15 mins - we went back to our room using the stairs and people were still wandering around upstairs asking if it was for real or a false al;arm.
My husband and I both have experience of being responsible for fire evacuation plans in our places of work and this did not impress in fact it was unbelievably poor. We raised this with a woman at reception who was very defensive and claimed she'd told people to leave the dining room which certainly wasn't seen by us.I would suggest there is a staff training need here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated close to Old Trafford and just a short walk to main attractions and transport. Ideally positioned next to the free 7 day city centre shuttle bus service. Our Manchester (Deansgate Locks) Premier Inn has everything you'd expect - incredibly comfy beds in every room and an integrated restaurant serving a mix of traditional and contemporary dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Premier Inn and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel Manchester
- Premier Travel Inn Manchester
- Manchester Premier Inn