“Good morning”
Review of Tea 42 Restaurants - CLOSED

Tea 42 Restaurants
Cuisines: European, French, British, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Described by Manchester Evening News as 'one to watch for 2014'. Situated on the bustling High Street, 42 Restaurant & Bar at Tea 42 is a quirky spot providing a unique casual fine dining environment in the evening with food prepared by the Michelin Star trained Head Chef and his team. During the day the restaurant pays homage to the beloved British tradition of tea-drinking and Afternoon Tea as well as lunch prepared by the same fine dining chefs. The restaurant offers an excellent wine list and a full bar. Guests can enjoy a gluten-free version of every single menu item.
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Having passed several times my daughter and I visited for breakfast before shopping. Service great, surroundings fantastic, food exceptional. Everyone was friendly and professional. Have passed on the word not just for breakfast but anytime, would be lovely with a cocktail to start a night out in Manchester. Excellent value, keep up the good work .

1  Thank geflyn
Tea42Manager, Manager at Tea 42 Restaurants, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2014

Dear geflyn,
Thank you for choosing to dine with us and for providing great feedback. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I first ate here in December and it was lovely so when I heard about the new 5 course a la carte menu thought it was time to try it out.

The service was very friendly and helpful, the restaurant was fairly quiet as it was early Thursday evening, it started to get more busy so it wasn't eerily empty. I love the decor and the general ambience, it's definitely somewhere you can feel comfortable sitting down for two hours and having your meal.

The first course consisted of an amouse bouche and a tiny roll of bread. It was buttery and creamy, a nice way to start the dinner off. Our starters came promptly after, an assortment of beetroot for me and a pea velouté and poached egg for my sister. The colourful and artistic arranged beetroot plate included sliced beetroot, beetroot macarons and beetroot purée and beetroot crisps, as well as generous bits of gooey goats cheese. Each element was perfect and as someone who has never had much of an opinion towards beetroot I really loved it. My sister equally enjoyed her starter.

We then had a nice cold lemon sorbet before the main course arrived. I had a tuna nicoise which was absolutely huge, I think it took me half an hour to eat it (okay I'm a slow eater but still there was a lot on that plate!). I did like it although there was maybe too much olive for my liking. My sister's sea bream and samphire dish looked much more dainty, she assured me it was lovely.

We only just had room for the deserts, again my dish, the banoffee sundae really dwarfed my sister's Eton mess which was so delicately presented. The giant sundae was full of sticky toffee and crunchy biscuit, very sweet and indulgent as a sundae should be. We both found our desserts delicious, a great end to the meal!

I think £25 for 5 courses for dishes of the standard we were treated to is a fair price and a large thank you to the waiter serving us who seemed so genuine and polite. I just can't wait to return!

2  Thank D95w
Tea42Manager, Manager at Tea 42 Restaurants, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Dear D95w,
Thank you for choosing to dine at Tea 42 Manchester and thank you for providing your great feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind regards The Team at Tea 42 Manchester.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have been a coeliac following a gluten free diet for over 20 years. As such, I had long given up hope of ever walking into a restaurant and choosing anything I fancy off the menu....until I discovered Tea42. This place is a wonderful experience for any coeliac with a huge choice of lovely sandwiches, pies, cakes and scones to choose from. (And more!)
Even if you are not coeliac, this is a lovely restaurant. The decor is tasteful and really sets off the relaxed ambiance of the restaurant. I have enjoyed the lunchtime menu and have been for cake and tea for dessert after a meal elsewhere. I am looking forward to my next trip to sample the evening menu with the girls for more GF delights washed down with fizz!!

1  Thank Paula J

Dear Paula J,
Thanks for dining with us and for writing a review. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind regards The Team at Tea 42.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I wasnt expecting much because of the price but it blew my mind. Our waiter looked like the actor Sasha Roiz which was pretty cool. And the food was amazing, Never have I had a full 5 course meal before it blew my mind.

1  Thank Michael J

Dear Michael J,
Thanks for visiting our restaurant and for the great feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

It's rare to find a restaurant that offers so much choice for those needing gluten free food and it can often be frustrating when restaurants say that they have GF options only to discover there are only one or two. Being a coeliac this can often be really annoying.

Tea 4 2 however have so many options and the food is incredible.
I opted for a pie with potato and gravy and it was delicious, for dessert I had their amazing chocolate brownie.
It's difficult to find gluten free pies that don't taste like cardboard so I'll definitely be returning to this lovely place for more yummy treats :)

The restaurant itself is also really nice and all the staff are friendly and happy to help.

1  Thank Jenni647

Dear Jenni647,
Thank you for visiting Tea 42 and for taking the time to review your visit. We are very pleased you enjoyed our gluten free options and we hope to see you again soon.