“Coeliacs Paradise”
Review of Tea 42 Restaurants - CLOSED

Tea 42 Restaurants
Cuisines: European, French, British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Described by Manchester Evening News as 'one to watch for 2014'. Situated on the bustling High Street, 42 Restaurant & Bar at Tea 42 is a quirky spot providing a unique casual fine dining environment in the evening with food prepared by the Michelin Star trained Head Chef and his team. During the day the restaurant pays homage to the beloved British tradition of tea-drinking and Afternoon Tea as well as lunch prepared by the same fine dining chefs. The restaurant offers an excellent wine list and a full bar. Guests can enjoy a gluten-free version of every single menu item.
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have been a coeliac following a gluten free diet for over 20 years. As such, I had long given up hope of ever walking into a restaurant and choosing anything I fancy off the menu....until I discovered Tea42. This place is a wonderful experience for any coeliac with a huge choice of lovely sandwiches, pies, cakes and scones to choose from. (And more!)
Even if you are not coeliac, this is a lovely restaurant. The decor is tasteful and really sets off the relaxed ambiance of the restaurant. I have enjoyed the lunchtime menu and have been for cake and tea for dessert after a meal elsewhere. I am looking forward to my next trip to sample the evening menu with the girls for more GF delights washed down with fizz!!

1  Thank Paula J
Tea42Manager, Manager at Tea 42 Restaurants, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2014

Dear Paula J,
Thanks for dining with us and for writing a review. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind regards The Team at Tea 42.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I wasnt expecting much because of the price but it blew my mind. Our waiter looked like the actor Sasha Roiz which was pretty cool. And the food was amazing, Never have I had a full 5 course meal before it blew my mind.

1  Thank Michael J

Dear Michael J,
Thanks for visiting our restaurant and for the great feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

It's rare to find a restaurant that offers so much choice for those needing gluten free food and it can often be frustrating when restaurants say that they have GF options only to discover there are only one or two. Being a coeliac this can often be really annoying.

Tea 4 2 however have so many options and the food is incredible.
I opted for a pie with potato and gravy and it was delicious, for dessert I had their amazing chocolate brownie.
It's difficult to find gluten free pies that don't taste like cardboard so I'll definitely be returning to this lovely place for more yummy treats :)

The restaurant itself is also really nice and all the staff are friendly and happy to help.

1  Thank Jenni647

Dear Jenni647,
Thank you for visiting Tea 42 and for taking the time to review your visit. We are very pleased you enjoyed our gluten free options and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Visited Tea4/2 for the first time, took my mum for a cream tea. Beautiful modern vintage decor, lovely service and very nice cream tea. Will definetly be returning again soon to try out the food menu. Looks delicious. Xx

1  Thank Sam T

Dear Sam T,

Thank you for visiting Tea 42. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Visited here Sat 12 July to celebrate my sister's birthday, 6 of us booked in for Champagne Afternoon Tea. We were shown straight to our table, the last empty table there, the place was full and buzzing. The decor was modern but charming. We had a deal so was expecting the champagne to taste like vinegar but I was pleasantly surprised on how nice it was. We were promptly served go a generous helping of sandwiches, scones with plenty of cream & jam and a selection of other cakes. There was also a huge selection of teas (or coffee if you prefer), served in individual pots with more hot water to top up if needed. Although it was so busy, we were never rushed and the staff were very friendly & happy to take photos. It was a fabulous afternoon and we will definitely hope back

1  Thank Tina D
Tea42Manager, Manager at Tea 42 Restaurants, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Dear Tina D,
Thank you for choosing to dine at Tea 42 Manchester and thank you for providing your great feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind regards The Team at Tea 42 Manchester.