“Lush sophisticated slick tasty afternoon tea with beautifully presented open sandwiches scones cakes and wonderful teas.”
Review of Tea 42 Restaurants - CLOSED

Tea 42 Restaurants
Cuisines: European, French, British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Described by Manchester Evening News as 'one to watch for 2014'. Situated on the bustling High Street, 42 Restaurant & Bar at Tea 42 is a quirky spot providing a unique casual fine dining environment in the evening with food prepared by the Michelin Star trained Head Chef and his team. During the day the restaurant pays homage to the beloved British tradition of tea-drinking and Afternoon Tea as well as lunch prepared by the same fine dining chefs. The restaurant offers an excellent wine list and a full bar. Guests can enjoy a gluten-free version of every single menu item.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My only tiny criticism is that no hot water was offered with the teas. We asked for hot water and it arrived in a cold watering not a hot water pot. Otherwise t was faultless. I have enjoyed afternoon teas at the best hotels throughout the UK AND THIS WAS UP THERE WITH THE BEST SUCH AS THE RITZ IN LONDON AND THE RANDOLPH IN OXFORD. CAN'T WAIT FOR AN EXCUSE TO RETURN FOR FULL TEA. Until then I shall be poping in for tea and cake very soon.

Tea42Manager, Owner at Tea 42 Restaurants, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Brianmtim. Thank you for visiting Tea 42 and for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your overall visit and we are sorry but the staff should have offered you complimentary hot water refills for your tea. This has been fed back to the staff and you should not experience this issue again. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I live locally and have already been in twice . The first time, which was two days after opening, was with friends for tea and cake. I had the cinnamon cup tea and battenburg cake, both of which were delicious and would highly recommend both. The second time was a few days ago and I went for breakfast, had the pastries and princess jasmine tea, both of which were good. I also had hot chocolate, which was generously sized (a good thing!) and just the right balance of chocolateyness/sweetness. I am planning on heading back for afternoon tea soon as it looks lush!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear Katiehmcr, Thank you for dining at Tea 42 and for providing feedback. We are very pleased to read your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I went in the evening for dinner as I noticed it recently opened and offered gluten free food (partner has coeliac disease). Service was quick and friendly and the place is furbished beautifully. I've had a fair bit of GF bread before and generally it's rubbish. The bread they make is amazing. I seriously couldn't tell the difference. The same with the pastry on the pie I ate.
Usually I don't bother with pudding but I did on this ocassion. It was on par with the food, fresh fruit alongside a generous slice of cake.
I'd 100% recommend this place and can't wait to go back.

Dear ppolo99, Thank for your visiting Tea 42 and providing your feedback. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed the GF bread. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Just accidentally popped to this nice restaurant for an afternoon tea. How we were surprised that not only its atmosphere is great, but food is also brilliant! Very pleased and definitely will be back when in Manchester.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear Maria L, Thank you for visiting Tea 42 and for writing a review. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend visited Tea 42 this afternoon, and we've already planned our next visit.... Beautiful surroundings, really friendly and helpful staff, and the most delicious cakes!

Upon arrival we were greeted by a member of staff, and seated. Immediately we were struck with how gorgeously decorated the place is; a combo of industrial and sleek. We were then handed the food and drinks menu and were amazed by the vast selection of teas available, but instead of being adventurous we opted for the 'early riser' Assam tea and a hot chocolate....which were lovely.

The real treat for us was the cake menu..I chose the decadent rose chocolate brownie, and my boyfriend opted for the Lemon drizzle polenta cake. Wow just wow.

Give it a try you won't be disappointed!

Dear Jo B, Thank you for visiting Tea 42 and for taking the time to write your review on us. We are very pleased to read your comments and we hope to see you again soon.