1,682 results
All reviews roof terrace afternoon tea mezzanine floor grand room oyster bar gjs hotel roll top bath split level bathroom upstairs wedding venue granada studios free standing bath beautiful hotel valet parking walk in shower birthday treat lounge area
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

I spent 2 nights at GJS on business. I love this hotel, relaxed atmosphere, wonderful bedroom, fantastic food and a special mention to Alicia! A professional waitress who made me feel valued!! Her attitude and skills were personalised to our needs!! I will be back and will advocate this hotel to my colleagues and friends!! Thankyou

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank LauraKB_12
Diane W, General Manager at Great John Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2016

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled Alicia was the ever so professional and catered her service to your needs; I will be sure to thank her personally for her hard work. It is wonderful to read you stayed with us whilst on business and would recommend us to both your colleagues and also friends.

Thank you for your lovely comments and taking the time to write a review.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

Finally I walk into a hotel in Manchester that immediately made me smile. My experience in this city has often been missing on many levels but this is stunning, in easy reach of the city centre and had friendly staff. A boutique hotel with stunning rooms, roll top bath in the room, classical music playing as I entered my room, fresh flowers, tasty biscuits to welcome you and it also has a roof top bar, hot tub and what looks like a decent restaurant.
A few more plug points and a safe in the room would add the finishing touch but right now I'm looking forward to a few nights here. Initial impressions very good.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read Great John Street Hotel put a smile on your face from the minute you walked through our doors. We are very fortunate with our location and as for our décor and interiors; we endeavour to create a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.

It is wonderful to read you enjoyed the little touches that welcome you into the bedrooms; the home made cookies and the classical music sets the ambience of the hotel.

Thank you for your suggestions, I will take these on board and look into what improvements can be made to enhance the guests’ experience and stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Great John Street soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

Great afternoon spent here enjoying the gorgeous afternoon tea with champagne. The lady serving us overheard us talking about my upcoming wedding and came out with a desert board and a charming 'congratulations' written on this.
Will definitely be back!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Firstly congratulations on your upcoming wedding, I am delighted your waitress picked up on your afternoon tea being a special occasion and acknowledged this with a dessert board.
Thank you for writing a review, feedback is always appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

Amazing amazing staff was great everything was great so expensive but worth it so nice for weddings lovely beautiful rooms beautiful food, a few of us went was made to feel special and wanted will deffianlty be returning

Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to read you found the hotel beautiful and the staff amazing; I am delighted they made you feel special and you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

We've stayed here before and we were not disappointed this time. The rooms were spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. There was a wedding on that weekend but we were not disturbed at all by any noise. Breakfast was also delicious. The only tiny niggle is that the towel rail is connected to the central heating which is switched off in the summer months (including October) so our towels were still slightly damp from our showers the night before.

Room tip: All of the rooms are of a good size.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us here at Great John Street. I am delighted to read you are a returning guest and the wedding event that was taking place did not disturb or disrupt your stay in the slightest.

I will take on board your comments regarding the towel rail and discuss with the maintenance team an alternative.

Do come and visit us again soon, we would love to welcome you back.