Great John Street Hotel
$93
$118
$112
1,423 results
All reviewsroof terracehot tubafternoon teagrand roommezzanine flooroyster barroll top bathbathroom upstairslate availabilitysplit levelcoronation street setboutique hotelwedding venuegranada studiosbeautiful hotelsmall hotelmain bar
Reviewed July 14, 2012

When paying nearly £200 a night for a hotel I don't expect to turn up and find that there are not one, but two venues taking place, which not only restricted our access to both the lounge area and the roof top terrace, we had to put up with noise Even when in our room and even worse extremely drunken and at one point aggressive party goers spilling out into the very minute area residents were restricted to. From watching two people fighting spilling from the lounge to where we were allowed in the bar to being heckled through the partition on the tiny part of the roof terrace we were allowed, it really ruined a very beautiful setting. I think the expression to sum this hotel up is fur coat no knickers. I also agree regarding the food only bar snacks are available and a really awful breakfast

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Jackie I
OpsEclectic, Manager at Great John Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

The Management team at Great John Street hotel has personally apologised to the client for the shortfall of communication on this occasion. The team at Great John Street always inform every staying guest at the reservation stage of any events taking place in the hotel during their stay which could restrict access to some of the facilities provided by Great John Street.
Once again please accept my apologies for the problem encountered.
I believe this matter is now closed

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I would just like to express my sincere thanks for the hospitality and superb service that the Old School House Hotel, Great St John Street afforded me to make my retirement celebration the perfect evening on Friday 22 June.
In particular, I would appreciate you passing on my thanks to Gerard who paid such attention to detail but was never overbearing or presumptive. His company and service throughout the evening were second to none. From the moment I arrived to be greeted by my wonderful friends and experience the level of customer service offered was truly a celebration of my 39 years in teaching – what a wonderful retirement experience, an intimate dinner with those friends who have played such a huge part in my brilliant career.
I do not underestimate the amount of planning that went in to organising such a special occasion, but in tribute to my friends, your hotel and staff, it was the most perfect evening.
A big lovely thank you to you all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2012

As part of my work I used the Great John Street Hotel for an event. I couldn't fault it at all. The place is beautiful. We used the Rooftop Lounge and terrace and it is amazing. The service and attention to detail are exquisit.
We didn't use the accommodation but some of our guests did and everyone reported that it was amazing.
As a venue for a wedding, party or corporate event is perfect. I can highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I recently used this venue for a 30th birthday celebration. We were given use of the Library and adjoining patio. The room itself was faultless - exactly the setting I had in mind, and being able to use the patio was great for the children in the party. The staff were fantastic, polite and helpful. And the food - wow! OK, so I could only eat the sandwiches, but everyone else did a good enough job on the cakes that I'm pretty sure they were good too. Once this baby and my gallbladder are both out, I will be back to sample the delights in full.
Thank you to everyone at GJS for making my birthday party great, right from the moment of my first enquiry.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pip L
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband booked afternoon tea and an overnight stay,in an eclectic suite at the GJS for my birthday,this month.On arrival,we were met by friendly, well trained staff.Afternoon tea,was delicious,served by the lovely Katie.Lounge/bar area is an oasis of calm.Room was amazing, fab interior,huge bed,roll top bath,and a personal"Happy Birthday "note from the staff.after some serious shopping we returned to the rooftop bar,to relax and drink more champagne!.We borrowed DVD's from reception and spent the rest of the evening enjoying the suite.I would recommend this hotel to anyone,who wants to be treated as a valued customer,no down side.10 out of 10.I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple