Great John Street Hotel
$140
$131
Agoda.com
1,424 results
All reviewsroof terracehot tubafternoon teagrand roommezzanine flooroyster barroll top bathbathroom upstairslate availabilitysplit levelcoronation street setboutique hotelwedding venuegranada studiosbeautiful hotelsmall hotelmain bar
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stunning hotel. The beautiful twin claw baths on the Mezanine
floor was nice, and the home made chocs mmmm.... We had heard that the hotel looked over the set of Coronation St set and this was a bit of an overstatement but we did not care. Really enjoyed our night there and will def be back. I thought the £25 for parking could be justfied but the extra £10 for wi-fi was over the top considering the cost for the room was already £260. Still I cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: We were upgraded which they advised us of via email the day prior to our arrival
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I booked myself and my partner in this hotel for his 21st Birthday, it was amazing! The room was gorgeous and the bed was heaven! The room was split into 2 levels with twin baths next to each other, seperate shower cubicle and the room looked over onto coronation street. The bar area was suberb and had such a great and cosy atmosphere. Perfect location- not far from the centre but yet you would never know as it is still tucked away. The roof terrace is the place to be on a summer's evening, we were the only one's up there and it was so lovely! This place made my partner's 21st perfect! Once we had checked out he was already planning when we were going to come back!! Which we will be without a doubt! Thank you so much Tiffany for an amazing stay!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Lovely hotel with friendly staff. Unique position (opposite Granada Studios so expect to see Autograph hunters). Rooms are beautifully presented in a 'shabby chic' style, more emphasis on chic than shabby. A few tweaks could take it from good to great. Will come back. Sister hotel in Didsbury was also lovely.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Loved the location, right next to Granada studios. We arrived at the same time as a wedding party and reception seemed a bit fazed at the sudden input of people, finding it difficult to deal with it, though they were certainly polite. Our room was lovely, on the ground floor though the actual room was on a mezzanine floor with a quaint rolltop bath in a corner. Would certainly recommend staying here though would not eat in. The bar menu is very limited and the cocktails are pricey, breakfast unless included as part of the room deal is once again on the steep end of a price range. All in all, certainly a central spot to head out from, explore the bustle of life in Manchester and head back in for a restful night.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank S55NG
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My other half booked one night here for my birthday this year. The hotel is loctaed in a convenient location for nice bars (Epernay, Spinningfields, Deansgate) but also has the advantage of being in a quiet street that has a small park close by. The bar area is very well presented as are all the communal areas of the hotel.

Our room was split into 2 levels: bedroom as you walked in then stairs up to a small lounge area and the bathroom. The decor was lovely and there were 2 fans, air con, radio, books and 2 tvs. The bed felt like sleeping on a cloud, it was truly the most comfortable bed I have slept in! I also loved the charm of the beams and decor as the building was the old school house.

There were a few minor issues that I would never normally have bothered about but when you're paying over £200 a night to stay in a prestigious hotel they irked me a little. These were:
- paint drips, messy tile grouting, gaps in skirting etc - just small finishes that I'd expect to be perfect.
- the mirror was too high up for me to see my whole face in (even with a cushion on the chair) and the lighting was poor for any lady to do her make up. They could do with a small mirror light.
- the fans were extremely dusty.

The hotel mistakenly gave us some kind of romance package (champagne, chocolates, rose petals etc) that my other half had not asked for and so we were not charged for this which was nice. We opted to not go for breakfast as I thought nearly £17 for berries and yoghurt or eggs on toast (there are many other options I hasten to add) was a bit much after having paid a lot for the room itself.

All in all I liked this hotel and would love to go back again - I would just do so when there was a special offer on or get one of their late availability deals.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple