“Better than average experience!”

Albert's Restaurant & Bar, Worsley
Reserve with OpenTable
Albert's Restaurant & Bar, Worsley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 2,252 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Better than average experience!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

There is truly nothing wrong with Albert's Worsley, and we had a pleasant dinner. It's just that it feels a bit flashy, for my personal taste. You may experience it differently, so give it a go! Firstly it is not really in Worsley, it is on the Worsley side of the A580 East Lancs Road, which borders Swinton. Secondly it is right next to a petrol station.

Given these two downsides, once you get inside, you are far removed from exhaust fumes and commuter traffic, and transported into a chic, modern world where people come to be seen. It was great to see so many people who had made a real effort on a weekday night to get dressed up to come out to dinner. On the night we went, the restaurant was packed ... such is its continued popularity. There was a small family party, couples, small groups of young women as well as a older clientele. All ages, in fact. I would say that this is a place to celebrate, as well as a place to enjoy a nice dinner with friends. It is a very busy restaurant, and not very relaxing, but full of buzz. If you like buzz and atmosphere, where you can people watch and be watched, whilst eating dinner, Albert's may be for you!

There is outside seated bar area with heaters, where you can eat as well (notwithstanding the views of the car park and the A580) and a nice bar area inside, but we went straight to our table, having handed our coats over to the cloakroom. A small bud vase with a lovely live flower was a nice touch. Linen tablecloths were also on every table. The tables are rather crammed together, but the service and the food were great.

I choose rabbit gnoochi (slow braised rabbit in a pancetta, white wine and mushroom cream sauce with fresh buttered gnocchi) which was light and tasty, and then a delicious lamb dish, which was nice and pink. Some of the mains come with your choice of two side dishes included in the price, which makes a nice change! There is a lot of choice on the menu, and some interesting ideas.

And the star of the evening was the service from our "server" - very attentive, but not in your face.

I would recommend giving Albert's Worsley a try, if you can get a table. It does get booked up quite quickly!

1 Thank Emma G

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Albert's Worsley...well nearly!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I notice that one of the reviews was about Friday May 16th. I was in the restaurant that evening having been persuaded to give Albert's another go. I have not changed my opinion. On that night I ate off the specials menu, not the best of choices. My meal was so far removed from what had been described on the menu that I asked the waiter to bring me the menu again so that I could check what I had ordered. When I queried the meal the waiter laughed at which point I asked to see the duty manager. Unfortunately I ended up with the bar manager as I was told the others were off the floor counting money!!! And I think that is the bottom line. Bodies in and out as quickly as possible.

4 Thank MotherT1958
Manchester
“Wonderful dinner with friends”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Dined here for the first time and had a fabulous time! Arrived early so enjoyed a tipple in the bar. Bar service was very attentive and the complimentary popcorn was topped up regularly. When ready to move through to dine we were shown to a comfortable booth overlooking the busy restaurant. Such a great atmosphere and packed already at 7pm. Food was delicious, especially the king prawn starter and chocolate volcano. The staff here are lovely, friendly but not over the top and they got timings throughout the meal just right. We'll definitely be returning, in fact, the sooner the better, absolutely loved it!!!

Lancashire
“Too busy to have a relaxing meal”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Have visited Alberts Shed often so wanted to try Alberts Worsley, went with friends on a warm Friday night after work. Had booked a table and thought it would be be nice to have a drink first. We were shown to our table immediately and told that we could only have our table for two hours. Food was nice but it was so busy, took a while to get drinks and then wanted to sit either at the bar or outside for further drinks once we had finished dining. There was no space so we had to leave and go to Monton instead. I will stick with Alberts Shed in future.

1 Thank clairee21
Manchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great restaurant and exceptional service!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I visited Alberts with the rest of my family (8 other adults and 3 children) to celebrate my mums birthday. The decor and atmosphere of the restaurant is instantly inviting and contemporary. We were taken straight to a table which was in a great position considering there were so many of us. From the moment we were sat down we had fantastic service from Kate who attended to our every need and who was very perceptive throughout the evening. As the night progressed the food and portion sizes were great then my dad had an issue with his steak we attended to by Megan the Manager who was more than happy to come over and offer an alternative and as she talked through the options she was very knowledgeable about food its self which makes a refreshing change! She attended to my dad all evening until she was happy that he was happy. It is very clear that the team are recruited for their service standards and Katie and Megan are as asset. We thoroughly enjoyed our food and the entire evening. Can't wait to visit again!

• Visited June 2014