“Best Travelodge I have stayed in.....”

Travelodge Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #26 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This quite simply is the best Travelodge I have stayed in. At the time of writing the hotel has only been open seven weeks, so everything is new and working very well. The location is excellent, right in the centre of the city, the 'Wheel of Manchester is right opposite. We came from the Piccadilly railway station, so a short walk to the hotel. The main shopping street starts about three minutes walk down the street. The breakfast was also great and good value. Only had one night here - wished it was longer, planning our next trip. Well done Travelodge. I normally don't rate hotels as a five but I am compelled to do so, based on exceptional value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,311)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

When we got to the hotel at around 12 the other day, it was superb. It was clean, huge and well organised even though there was a person painting the stairs or doing something with the stairs. There were two lifts, and each lift was spacious and clean and it didn't smell horrible. Even though we had to check in early it only costed £10 and the check in staff were incredibly polite and helpful. We had our room in minutes.
Once we got the room, to our delight it was big, clean and organised well. The view was beautiful too as we got to see the Piccadilly Gardens, the view was very statisfactory :)
Even though the bathroom area was a bit small and when I showered the floor did flood a little it was overall a very good room, I was very pleased.
The food was incredibly nice too, and fairly cheap for what you would expect.
Overall, I'd rate this hotel a 4/5 because it was very clean, organised and spacious with nice food and plenty of staff.
The only problem I had experienced was that walls are thin and it was quite noisy once all the drunk people had come in but that is the only fault I had.

Room Tip: No swimming pool, but if you are to choose a hotel in Manchester area I would definitely 100% choose...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2014

First impressions were great. Very clean. Very inviting. The staff are very friendly and happy to help. Very easy to find the rooms and very very spacious rooms they are. This is an ideal location for central Manchester just five minutes walk from Picadilly train station.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This hotel has a great location however as we were arriving by car at 8.00pm we had looked on website for special instructions for arrival. Unfortunately there was nothing to tell us that you cant actually get to the hotel by car unless you are willing to drive in a bus lane. Also that reception is on first floor + the car park recommended by the hotel was hard to find. This all made for a very stressful arrival. Then when we finally checked in at 9.15pm looking forward to a nice cup of tea we were told there had been a problem with the boiler and consequently no hot water as maintenance were fixing it to ensure the problem was sorted for the following day. However the next morning there was water however only cold - this meant cold showers etc. The reception staff have offered us a 50% e voucher off another stay in a Travel lodge in the future. However not sure that we will use this. On the plus side the hotel was clean and modern and fab location however in comparison with Premier Inns that I have stayed in, both the breakfast and the room felt inferior. Overall wish I'd spent the extra £20 and gone to Premier Inn just down the road.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CarolUK_12
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Recently had a stay at travel lodge piccadilly, was delighted with my experience! A new a modern hotel with brilliant staff! Chatty and friendly mo behind the bar and restaurant, meal was perfect that she had prepared and served double checking with me that everything was ok with all parts off my stay and being helpful advising me what was in the area as this was my first visit to manchester, sitting in the bar with my after meal drink she was great company and a very happy person, my room was over looking the gardens couldn't of asked for more so clean! Will be recommending the hotel to my family and friends. Well done travel lodge on your staff and location!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Whitevest
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed over night at this brand new travelodge and really enjoyed our stay. Just a 5 minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly station, easy for us with our heavy bags. It was very clean inside, everything still smells new, the room was very nicely furnished and very clean. Staff were chatty and friendly, especially one of the cleaning staff that we met in the lift who gave us directions to the best shopping areas. Right opposite Piccadilly bus station so a great location to get busses and trams, but not really needed as a lot of things are within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The location is amazing!! And the price we paid was really good for a city centre hotel. The bedroom was perfect - quite large actually and didn't have many grumbles on that front. However, to charge £10 to check in early, I think is taking the Michael a bit. We arrived at 2pm and got told we could pay the extra or wait until 3pm. Travelodge are just out to make extra money with this - and how long before others catch on? Not good customer service. Also, when we checked out, we asked if we could leave our bags at reception - as our train wasn't until the afternoon - we were shocked to be told 'no'! I honestly don't think I've ever come across this before...in any kind of establishment in any country - people are always willing to help and take care of your luggage while you make the most of your stay. Had to fork out £6 each at the station. I don't know if it just happens at this travelodge - and if I was going to stay in one again, I would check this beforehand. So, just a heads up people if that's what you're thinking of doing.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends