“Saturday early evening treat”
Review of Veeno

Veeno
Ranked #3 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Veeno is an Italian Wine Café based in the UK serving our family produced Sicilian wines & authentic Italian spuntini. All of our wines come from our award-winning family vineyard in Sicily where 3 generations of our family have produced wine. This allows us to ensure the highest quality from the grape to the glass. We source all our cold meat cuts, breads and cheeses from Italy too.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

we had been to Veeno's for our lunch, early December and decided to visit again and share a bottle of wine. Rose is ideal for early evening, we shared a bottle, and the friendly waitress brought us a board full of tasty treats to go with it! Apparently after five o'clock free food is offered with wine There was parma ham. blue cheese. olives, tomatoes and the best breadsticks ever. Highly recommended

1  Thank helen0tt_13

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I visited in December and quite literally stumbled on this place. Some of the negative reviews seem to focus on the service and that you have to order from the counter, which is completely normal in bars like this in Europe.
We found this helped with the atmosphere and ambience of Veeno as it was something a little different.
We had a bottle of one of the white wines and a cheese platter which were both fantastic and very authentic.
We personally found the service very good and the staff were friendly and talked to us at length when we enquired about the cheeses etc.
The food on offer is more your sort of Tapas types with one or two exceptions and there is a very small wine list, but that said what we had was excellent.
Anyway, this is the sort of place that Manchester needs, as it’s independent and offers something away from the norm.
We loved this place and will visit when were next back in Manchester City

4  Thank magoodliffe
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had an excellent lunch at Veeno during December whilst visiting the Christmas markets. We had bread and oil to start followed by the sharing platter. It was excellent and enough to satisfy two hungry shoppers. The total bill including a large glass of excellent Nero D’Avolo and a Marsala came to a reasonable £32.90. I would definitely go again.

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My partner and I stumbled accros this place whilst at the christmas markets and thought we would try it a week later for some cheese and wine.

We have a passion for red wine and love nice cheese and olives to go with it. We went early at 11.30 so it was empty. We were greeted from a nice waiter called George. Very polite in his italian accent. We ordered and whilst waiting for our wine and cheese platter, we enjoyed the restaurants attention to detail and the pictures on the wall. One of which we really liked and wanted to buy it. When the food arrived it was nicely presented and the wine was delicious. We asked if it was possible to buy any of the pictures? He wasnt sure but took our email address and phone number as he said he would ask his manager.

We were enjoying ourselves so much and ordered another glass of wine. By this time the place was full, every table occupied.

We enjoyed the whole experience and hoped they would come back to us about the picture. The following evening George rang us and said we could buy the picture. He even gave us the frame for it. We were delighted and picked it up a few days later at a good price.

We will definitly return to this place and maybe try something hot next time.

2  Thank cocktailCL
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I visited here with my friend on Sunday 8th dec after buying a wowcher deal advertising two 'main' meals and two glasses of wine for £10. It was reasonably busy on arrival but as promised we had a table reserved for us. I understood you ordered at the bar which was fine, the wine was lovely and we ordered a meat arancine and a vegetarian arancine. Both meals came to the table and the vegetarian meal was hot at the top but freezing cold underneath virtually frozen, as if it had been warmed through but not for long enough. Anyway it was sent back and then brought back piping hot but by that time my friend had finished her meal. I think the advertisement of two 'main' meals is also not correct as it is more of a tapas style dish you actually receive. Anyways a female member of staff came over and apologised and stated she would refund my money. She then also gave us free desserts and a small glass of Italian dessert wine each. This was a nice gesture. However I did not receive a refund which to be fair I did not expect but don't say you are going to do something then don't do it!!!! I have to agree with the previous comments about being ignored as when I approached the counter with my cold dish two members of staff just walked right past me into an office and ignored me!! For a new place that had not long been open they really should be trying harder to impress and get repeat business. That said I would visit again but only for wine and only because of its convenient location.

2  Thank blondiexx8
NinoFrancesco, Owner at Veeno, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear customer,
first of all thanks for your visit and your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your experience.
When coming with a wowcher the refund procedure is slightly different, but definitely you will be refund. The only thing that I would need from you is the number of the voucher so that I can follow the refund personally.
On the other side, I appreciate you enjoyed the wine and I will investigate the reason of your cold dish.
We are looking forward to see you again, so that you can try another dish and hopefully enjoy it!
Thanks again for your feedback.
Regards