“Beautiful in every way”

Fig and Sparrow
Ranked #6 of 68 Coffee & Tea in Manchester
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Independent design store and coffee house serving speciality coffee, our house blend is Climpson and Son's Estate blend. We have a single origin brew menu serving V60, Chemex and Aeropress. We have freshly, made to order, sandwiches (served on artisan breads by Trove Bakery) and salads as well as a hearty fresh soup made by local chefs, Seasons Eatings.
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Great design, very well laid out, great coffee, cake and lunches. Great coffee shop and boutique shop.

There are newer reviews for Fig and Sparrow

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Manchester's Northern Quarter is quite the hub for excellent coffee and tea.

Fig and Sparrow is a nice addition to the neighbourhood.

When I first visited they seemed to be finding their feet and their coffee was okay. It has since improved and is now on my list of "good coffee purveyors".

If you like coffee then have a cup here and you shouldn't be disappointed.

The brownies are also nice, moist and chocolatey, albeit maybe slightly expensive.

Nice atmosphere and array of seating. I especially like the nook at the end, next to the coffee counter. Plus the lighting has been thought of and does fit in well with the look that they are going for.

Help yourself to tap water which is on the shelf on the right hand side as you walk in.

Card payments over £5 accepted.

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Lovely cute little coffee shop. Had a stunning macchiato and toast.

Card payment over £5.

Friendly staff and pretty inside. Nice music and quiet mid morning to read a book.

Would definitely return.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is a small welcoming and friendly addition to the Northern Quarter, if, yet again, a tad pretentious and pricey. I ordered a pot of tea from the nicely varied menu, a sandwich (from a good selection of freshly baked bread), plus soup. I perused the varied selection of bits and bobs for sale on the shelves, which looked to be good quality, yet a tad pricey, whilst my food was prepared. When it arrived I asked for more bread to eat with my soup, which was very nice indeed. The sandwich though was just silly, all arrived on enameled plates and bowls (not again, groan..). Yet the 'sandwich' itself arrived totally deconstructed. Two slices of lightly toasted bread on the plate, a small glass jar of chopped walnuts, celery, and a few leaves, cream cheese in yet another smaller glass jar, and some rock hard and brittle butter on a small plate. What a a faff! Make the blinking sandwich. The butter was unspreadable, the walnuts/celery/leaves were overchopped and had little flavour and the same with the cream cheese. Perhaps I'd pop in again, but it would be for soup and bread and tea only, and most certainly not a deconstructed sandwich...

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We ate a late breakfast here one rainy morning and were immediately struck by how friendly all the staff were. We ordered toast and a pot of fruit salad, both delicious but the toast in particular quite overpriced (at £2-3, I can't deny I was expecting a lot more than one slice of a homemade loaf). However, the great service and relaxed atmosphere more than made up for the prices and made it one of the best places we visited during our trip.