“Highley recommend”

Ranked #736 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Monolos strive to be the premier family restaurant in the local marketplace. We want our guests to have the total experience when visiting Monolos. Not only will our guests receive a great meal, they will also be provided with a fun atmosphere. Children will get to enjoy an exclusive play area and gaming zone specifically for restaurant users. Monolos aims to be a trendy up market restaurant allowing parents to enjoy a dining experience whilst children get to have fun too. We will want the dining experience to be as pleasing to the senses as it is to the palate and at the same time offering the children and even the adults a place to play on the soft play structure and gaming zone without the usual hustle and bustle of the typical softplay centres.We will combine a gourmet menu variety with a healthy exciting kids menu as well as a mouth watering adult menu. Monolos atmosphere, ambiance, and friendly staff aim to please al our customers, in order to reach our goal of over-all value in the dining/entertainment experience
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Went today with my 3 yr old , my sister and 8 yr old nephew. What can i say .. I absolutley enjoyed myself more than the kids! There is a main play area which is much bigger than i expected, a soft play area more than adequate, also a games console " chill" area for the elder children. The toilets were very clean although theres one door that leads you to both men woman and baby change area which are quite close to one another. The food was absolutley amazing.. And not that expensive either. I ordered a chilli dog was cooked through and through with delicious flavours. Sister orded a meat sandwich which and i quote " is the tastiest soft sandwich that ive ever tasted" theres an offer on kids to play and eat for £6.50 and a mother and toddler offer to play between 11-3 and mummy or daddy gets a free tea anf muffin! Overall a llovely warm vibrant place that the kids did not want to leave. I highly recommend this place just gutted in the year its been open i only came across it today!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Nice colourful place, has a large play area/dining area at the back for the kids (separate from the main dining area so you don't have to hear them!)
The food is ok, I had a burger and my friend had the steak, which she liked.
The waffles are second to none, they're freshly made and come with strawberries, nutella, cream and vanilla ice cream. The price is around £4 and for the amount you get (more than enough for two people) they're a bargain. If you're passing by, definitely check them out.

1  Thank wanderingbrook
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Im not one to complain but this place wont get a second look! Went with 3 others yesterday what I can say is that we all had a bad experience. When we ordered we had to wait for over 45 mins whilst drinking what I can say is watered down pepsi. We ordered 2 chicken steak one with wedges and the other with curly fries, t bone steak and chicken wings. Once the food arrived the chicken steaks both came with wedges and when I told the manager he said to me 'its all the same anyway' and even though the chicken steak was well cooked it wasn't a grilled steak it was more pan fried you could see powder on the steak which i am guessing is southern fried chicken mix. And that t-bone steak was just plain nasty! I tried some and spat it back out! And i love t bone steak and when we asked the waitress how many chefs work in the kitchen she said 1. Which person employs just one chef? They need to fix up in manchester there are a lot of great places to eat and this isnt one!

4  Thank Mohammed A
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We visited on xmas eve to take our daughter out for a treat with 7 other couples and their children. The decor was vibrant and inviting with the american diner theme running throughout with booths. The play area was large enough and diverse enough to keep the children entertained even an area for older children to use consoles and a soft play for younger children. The food and drinks were fairly priced and a good selection of all. All the usual meals for the kids but i have to say the burgers on offer were exceptional and the quality was that of any high quality burger bar, not one return or complaint just happy parents and children!! Looking forward to taking my daughter again and sampling a different burger ( nacho burger was great)........ Also great milkshakes..... See you there next time!!

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Am not from Manchester but wish we had a place like this in cambridge even London.

The concept is unique combining a very well equipped play area for both Children and adults which is amazing when the rug rats need entertaining.

I personally had the house steak n chips with mash potato and onion rings which was cooked medium / well done and had some good flavours with the mushroom sauce. Followed by the waffles with Nutella ice-cream and syrup. Which was washed down by a Oreo shake.

Over all the service was good friendly staff and the manager even popped over to see if all was well.

aside from the food and service I like to judge a establishment on the presentation / cleanliness of the W/C facilities. And monolos did more that exceed with really colourful and creative design of there toilets shows the owners have taken real thought/ love in to building this quality steak house.

I hope them all the best for the future and will indeed be stopping in on my next visit to Manchester and look forward to one opening closer to me ;)