“Uncluttered and Modern”

Ranked #18 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Chicago, Illinois
“Uncluttered and Modern”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times on business. It serves all my needs. Wifi is fast. It is in City Center. It is close to major transport. So close to shopping and restaurants. The rooms have always been clean, modern and QUIET. Complimentary coffee and tea in room. The hotel staff is always friendly, approachable, professional and efficient. The two Staff members I remember fondly for taking such good care of me on my last trip was Lindsay and Chris. Outstanding Staff!

Room Tip: The majority of rooms are very quiet. If you are a light sleeper, the front rooms, although well ap...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JonP733
Jonathan G, Front Office Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Jonp733

Thank you so much fot the great review that you gave the hotel.

i will pass on your comments to Linzi and Chris to make them aware too.

Looking forward to seeing you gain soon.

Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Leyland UK
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Just back from a 2 night stay here with family which I booked with my Air Miles.We booked 3 rooms for the 5 of us and had emailed before we arrived to ask that we be allocated rooms together.We parked in the Q parks piazza nearby as the Hotel offers a discounted rate of £16 a day from the usual £20.Keep your ticket and then pay the hotel on check out and you will be given vouchers to put in the machine when you leave the car park .Check in at 1.30PM was smooth and we were pleased to have been given rooms together and upgraded to King premier rooms along with complimentary internet for our stay by the polite and excellent receptionist.The rooms were nice and roomy with nice bathrooms everything perfect.
The hotel has a bar and restaurant where you take breakfast which we included in our rate.You can take in your room but there was an added tray charge of £5 per person which we thought was a bit steep.The breakfast was nice with plenty of choice.We did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the food at other times.We went into the bar for a pre dinner drink on the first night and the bar is a nice place with many choices of cocktails.from what we saw the restaurant looked an inviting place but we had pre booked elsewhere.The only grumble we had was with the bars policy of not allowing anyone in the bar under 18 after 9PM.I can fully understand children under 16 or children/ teens from outside but in our party my youngest son is 17 years 10 months.This age group is being discriminated against in various places both in the UK and abroad.We were told we could take drinks to our room or drink in reception ( not a pleasant place for a cocktail) but he could not go in the bar after 9 .Other hotels like the Lowry and Abode even in the champagne bar have no problem if you are a resident and it is so annoying at times.Our plan was to eat out and go in the bar when we returned but we couldn't so found somewhere else and the hotel lost out on our business.Not sure whats happened to commonsense ! This will soon become an irrelevance for us but worth bearing in mind if you have older teens.A minor irritation and wouldn't stop us staying again or recommending the hotel to others.

Room Tip: 30 mins free wifi a day then £5 a day but you may get it complimentary.Worked well.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Pinkisback

Thank you very much for the review that you left about the Arora.

I will pass on all your feedback to the relevant department heads so that they can take on board your feedback.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This hotel carried off the hard act of being right in the city centre (Princess Street) and also being a quiet place to sleep. Housed in a beautiful large old stone corner building, the inside decor is typical modern neutral hotel style. My room on the second floor was spacious with high ceilings, big windows, very comfortable bed and great bathroom. Very clean and well maintained throughout. I had cause to speak to the reception staff (Sean and Lindsay) when I carelessly mislaid my room key. Friendly and chatty they sorted out the key and on enquiring what my plans were for the evening they recommended places to eat and without prompting even looked up cinema times for me. Really great service. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rich J
Jonathan G, Front Office Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Richcardiff

Thank you very much for the kind words that you said about the hotel.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel, and I will make sure that Sean and Lindsay are also aware of the kind words that you said about both of them.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Fantastic location in the heart of Manchester sadly let down by reception service. Some (thankfully not all) of the staff were rude and patronising in the most unhelpful way. Check in was haphazard, rushed nothing explained (car parking, bar, breakfast ...) no offer of wake up time, or newspaper. It felt like we were an inconvenience. Although we weren't asked at check in for a swipe of a card for incidentals - so we had to pay cash which wasn't ideal .Charging for internet but do not inform about free WiFi in Bar and Restaurant area. I would definitely not recommend this hotel there appears to be plenty more about.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Joe C
Dear Jow C

Thank you for your review about your last visit to the hotel.

If your review if either positive or negative me take all the reviews on abaord and use them as a training tool.

However I am pleased to see that you liked the location of the hotel, but it is upsetting to see that you didnt feel the reception staff gave you all the information you need at check in.

If you would like to discuss this futher than please contact on the below details.

jonathangrieve@arorainternational.com
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed over a weekend abs can say that hotel is very nice and clean but reception staff was extremely rude to me (Sarah I think) not a 4* service standard, she shouldn't be working in customer facing position, also I wasn't informed that I have to leave my credit card details in order to be able order room service, so make sure you have cash with you when staying in this hotel. Breakfast buffet was amazing with plenty to choose from and very helpful and polite staff, had a dinner which probably made my stay, had probably the best steak which was cooked up to my standards, service was fantastic, quick and very professional, such a big difference from reception, otherwise I would've give 5 for this hotel but It was dramatic let down by reception.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Cheermeup123
Dear Cheermeup1234

Thank you for your review about your last visit to the hotel.

Please accept my aplogies for the rudness of my reception staff and the matter is being investigate. .

Colchester
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Excellent hotel, right in the centre near the city hall and art gallery. Nearby tram stop and city centre all walkable. Lovely Victorian building that has been thoroughly modernised inside. Nice contemporary style with reasonably spacious, comfortable room. Very friendly, helpful staff who took the time to chat, point out local features, recommend and offer to book restaurants etc.

We were on the fifth floor, which is above the roof line, and probably helps reduce street noise, as well as giving a better view/light.

The restaurant does surprisingly good food - better than the 'grill' that it bills itself as, and there is an excellent Chinese restaurant very near. Breakfast also good.

Parking is easy enough (nearby car park), though the access to it is easy to miss as it's not well signed and down a narrow side street. Also be prepared to be bamboozled by the local traffic system, especially while the work for the new tram line is continuing.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors - as mentioned above.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank indie-travellers
Dear Indie_travellers

Thank you for the great review that you left about the hotel.

I am happy to see that reception were able to help you in all areas of your stay.
I am pleased to see that you were able to enjoy our 24 Bar and Grill hear at the hotel too.

Again thank you for the great review and looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Arora Hotel for a one night stay. I got a fantastic price on Booking.com ( 3 times cheaper to what I usually pay for hotels in Manchester) So was eager to see what it would be like.
Check-in was some what slow but I think that was Booking.com error who hadnt forwarded the reservation over. For the inconvenience we were given a free room upgrade which was a nice touch to a Superior Double.
The room was spacious and very clean. It lacked any special touches which I'm used too in other hotels but if your looking for a clean hotel with decent rooms it fits the bill.
We didnt have breakfast there so can't comment but for the price we got a bargain.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank nikki00179
Dear Nikki00179

Thank you for the review that you left about the hotel.

I am pleased to see that reception were able to fix the error with your reservation and were able to offer you an upgraded room.

Looking for ward to see you again