“A great choice in Manchester” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arora Hotel Manchester

Arora Hotel Manchester
Ranked #20 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
South Croydon
“A great choice in Manchester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2008

My thoughts were as follows:

Check-in:
Very smooth. The staff were keen to help and offer advice on places to visit. The lady who served me twice offered to go on the internet and search out some bars and clubs that I might like.

Also, behind me were a group of pilots and air stewardesses checking in. I always think it is a good sign if they use the hotel as airlines tend to choose good ones.

The Room:
Very nice, two large beds (twin room). It was very quiet which is probably why I slept through past noon on the first night! The room was spotless, well organised and modern. A good sized bathroom with shower in the bath. I did not hear a sound from outside or another room in my entire stay.

Location:
Convenient for everything you need. Some may prefer to be a few streets further north but it was perfect for us. It was about 5 mins from the bus terminal and 5-10mins from Manchester Piccadilly Train station.

The Bar:
I only had a quick drink there, but it was modern, busy and had lots of space. I think it would be classed as a more upmarket bar. I did not try the food/restaurant so cannot comment.

Negatives:
Nothing major. It would have been useful to have a few more channels on the (small) tv. Being the weekend I would have liked Sky Sports or a tv with at least Teletext... I am never keen on hotels where you have to use a keycard to turn on the electricity. This is solved by asking for an extra keycard though and leaving it in. I wanted this to keep the fridge cold.

Overall:
An excellent choice. I would definetely stay there again

• Liked — Very quiet
  • Disliked — on an ugly street
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2008

We stayed here for two nights as we were seeing a concert at the Manchester Academy. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly.
The room was a double double room and it was huge. and spotlessly clean. The location is perfect, we were about 5 minutes walk from the Arndale shopping centre and the Academy was also walkable (in flat shoes :O))
We arrived on a Sunday and needed to eat so the bar staff recommended us a restaurant which they booked for us and even called the cab for us.
All in all we couldn't have asked for more at such a reasonable price and would recommend it to anyone looking for a central hotel in Manchester.

• Liked — Freindly Staff, clean spacious rooms & good location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
Shropshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2008

We only stayed at this hotel for one night, a Saturday, but were very well satisfied with our experience. We requested a quiet room and that is exactly what we got - on the top floor at the rear of the building.

The room was spacious and bright and standard of fixtures, fittings and housekeeping were excellent.

Reception staff were friendly but also very professional.

we wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again.

• Liked — Comfortable, well appointed room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Doire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for two nights 18 and 19 Sep 2008 .It was just lovely. The location is great for anyone that wants to shop about a 10 minute walk to the Arndale Centre, We were staying as our daughter was starting the University of Manchester and the bus stop to Fallowfield was only a few minutes away.We also got the bus direct to Liverpool Airport about five minutes from the hotel . If I was staying in Manchester in the future I would book here again We had a meal in the hotel restaurant which was also very good.

Stayed September 2008
Kent, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for only one night but would recommend it to anyone. I had a double double room and I must say the beds were the most comfortable bed I have slept in. The room was very nice, a lovely bathroom with lovely white fluffy towels, and there were tea and coffee facilities in the room as well as the usual amenities. The staff on the desk were very friendly and helpful. Our breakfast was also very nice, apart from a cooked breakfast consisting of practically everything I can think of, there was cereals, fresh fruit, various types of bread and preserves and all types of juice, tea and coffee.

I would recomment this hotel to anyone staying in Manchester, we had a very pleasant stay.

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean rooms, great breakfast
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2008

I booked a standard room for one night in September. The price was £99 including taxes. Overall I think this represented good value for money.

The hotel is very centrally located on Princess Street. Behind the Victorian facade is a relatively modern building with a basic but smart reception. The staff were very welcoming and check in was completed quickly.

The standard room had a contemporary feel and had all the basics required for a short stay. I believe the bed was super king size, firm with a mattress topper. The bed was very comfortable and was made up with some good quality bed sheets.

Breakfast consisted of a typical buffet assortment. Reasaonble enough.

The only small point I would make is that charging £10 per 24 hours for internet access is a bit steep. However the internet access was possibly the fastest I have ever experienced. I downloaded a 10 Mb file in just a few seconds.

The hotel does not have its own car park but can offer a discount at a local NCP car park.

I was looking for somewhere to stop over in Manchester for one night in reasonable comfort without spending a lot of money. This is exactly what I got.

• Liked — super fast internet access
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2008

This is a lovely hotel. Our room was very spacious & clean. There was a big cosy bed and nice clean bathroom. We were able to check into our room on arrival even though we were a few hrs early before check in time. The 2 lady's at reception were very friendly and helpful.
We had breakfast included in our booking. The breakfast was HUGE! And a very good selection. Although on our last morning our breakfast wasn't delivered to our room because the menu wasn't taken from our door even though we had put it out 4hrs before it was supposed to be collected. When we rang reception they said there was nothing they could do! So maybe drop ur breakfast menu to reception!
The hotel is very close to the shops and bars. Go to trafford centre, biggest shoppng centre i have ever been to. Take a full day to go here cos there are so many shops, bars and places to eat.

• Liked — The spacious room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple