$162
The Midland(Manchester)
$190
$153
2,856 results
All reviewsarora hotelpremier kingart galleryq parkcentral locationlovely hoteltwo double bedsgood sizeroom was spaciousreception staffthe ground floorweekend breakcar parkvisit manchesterhotel barwould stay againsaturday night
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Arora for 2 nights while visiting the wonderful Christmas markets in Manchester. The location is spot on, a short stroll from the railway station and close to everything else. We were welcomed by the wonderful staff and made our way to our very good room, with all you'd want in a room, including iron and tea and coffee. This is a very good hotel in the centre of Manchester, couldn't have asked for more.
We did not have breakfasts but was offered it for an additional £10.00. There is a very good restaurant and cocktail bar attached to the hotel, both worth a visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Martin J, General Manager at Princess St. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Hi Franco,

Thank you for your lovely comments about our location, hotel and restaurant, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

A great little hotel in the centre of Manchester. We only stayed one night but would have been happy to stay longer. Reception staff were excellent, room was lovely, bed comfortable. Check in and out was a pleasure.

Great location just off St.Peter's square. Recommended for a city break.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Brian

Thank you for the great recommendation i am pleased to hear the team looked after you.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Went to Manchester for overnight stay as the daughter was looking at university in Manchester.
We tried to book at last minute and couldn't find a reasonably priced hotel as everything was fully booked due to football at home in Manchester, the rugby being held in Manchester, the Christmas markets and everything else going on in Manchester city centre that weekend! So we found ourselves booked in the Arora. Got a room on late rooms for £239.00 for one night which for a uni visit was expensive. But on the plus side the rooms were huge, nice big flat screens tv, lovely bathrooms, very clean, two big double beds (although the beds were too soft for our liking). The staff were lovely, especially a really nice friendly young blonde girl on reception, really funny and helpful. Opposite China town area, very central for everything although we did get a couple of cabs just because we were tired after a really tiring week before. Would stay here again as we might come back for the weekend next year for Christmas markets which were a nice place to visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Hi Christine,

Thanks for the great review we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. I hope your daughter chooses Manchester the uni is excellent and she will have a great time here.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

What a wonderful hotel excellent reception staff, very secure ,great room and very nice breakfast.
This is a hotel I booked as a gamble as I've been to the McDonald hotel the previous two times I've stayed in manchester. This hotel is actually better in my opinion a really enjoyable experience. Great location just off Portland street and within five minutes walk of 100s of eateries and extremely close to Chinatown.
Thanks for a great stay and the free upgrade was most welcome

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dazzo36
Martin J, General Manager at Princess St. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Hi dazzo36,

We think its a gem as well, thanks for the great feedback see you next time.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

So why only 4 stars? I'm not entirely sure I will be able to explain this.

The location for Manchester City centre is perfect, right down to the courtesy bus stop for the railway station.

The positives, the room was huge, and although on the first floor overlooking the main road of Princess Street was quiet.

Two double beds for a single traveller is simply unnecessary. Would a single and a double give travellers more of an option? How often are two double beds really used to their full capacity? Actually, I'm not sure I want the answer to that question.

The bed (I only used the one) was comfortable, and the room appeared scrupulously clean.

Good size TV, and the Lazy Susan style swivel mount worked really well.

Buffet breakfast was more than adequate, not 5*, but very good.

Great bath room, in particular magnificent sized towels, lovely! I often struggle with hotel showers to work out how they function, and this was as difficult as any. When will someone come up with instructions clear enough for those of us with poor eyesight to read them without having to wipe the steam from our spectacles?

So, why not 5 stars?

One silly thing, the amount that appeared to be charged on arrival was 75p more than the amount agreed when I booked. Not significant, and the phantom charge was removed before I paid, but it just felt wrong.

Secondly, a five star hotel is like the proverbial swan, all grace and glide on the surface, with the massive amounts of energy being expended hidden from view. Here, the effort seemed rather more obvious, almost as if the staff were trying too hard. There, I told you I wouldn't be able to explain it properly.

Don;t get me wrong, I would very happily stay there again.

Room Tip: I had no problem with my room looking over the main road, whereas others have commented that rooms at the rear were disturbed by refuse collectors, I had no experience of this.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear XOGM,

Thank you for your lovely comments about our location and hotel, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay.