$160
$99
$82
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $101/night.

2,856 results
All reviewsarora hotelpremier kingart galleryq parkcentral locationlovely hoteltwo double bedsgood sizeroom was spaciousreception staffthe ground floorweekend breakcar parkvisit manchesterhotel barwould stay againsaturday night
Reviewed December 7, 2013

What a wonderful hotel excellent reception staff, very secure ,great room and very nice breakfast.
This is a hotel I booked as a gamble as I've been to the McDonald hotel the previous two times I've stayed in manchester. This hotel is actually better in my opinion a really enjoyable experience. Great location just off Portland street and within five minutes walk of 100s of eateries and extremely close to Chinatown.
Thanks for a great stay and the free upgrade was most welcome

1  Thank dazzo36
Martin J, General Manager at Princess St. Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Hi dazzo36,

We think its a gem as well, thanks for the great feedback see you next time.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

So why only 4 stars? I'm not entirely sure I will be able to explain this.

The location for Manchester City centre is perfect, right down to the courtesy bus stop for the railway station.

The positives, the room was huge, and although on the first floor overlooking the main road of Princess Street was quiet.

Two double beds for a single traveller is simply unnecessary. Would a single and a double give travellers more of an option? How often are two double beds really used to their full capacity? Actually, I'm not sure I want the answer to that question.

The bed (I only used the one) was comfortable, and the room appeared scrupulously clean.

Good size TV, and the Lazy Susan style swivel mount worked really well.

Buffet breakfast was more than adequate, not 5*, but very good.

Great bath room, in particular magnificent sized towels, lovely! I often struggle with hotel showers to work out how they function, and this was as difficult as any. When will someone come up with instructions clear enough for those of us with poor eyesight to read them without having to wipe the steam from our spectacles?

So, why not 5 stars?

One silly thing, the amount that appeared to be charged on arrival was 75p more than the amount agreed when I booked. Not significant, and the phantom charge was removed before I paid, but it just felt wrong.

Secondly, a five star hotel is like the proverbial swan, all grace and glide on the surface, with the massive amounts of energy being expended hidden from view. Here, the effort seemed rather more obvious, almost as if the staff were trying too hard. There, I told you I wouldn't be able to explain it properly.

Don;t get me wrong, I would very happily stay there again.

Room Tip: I had no problem with my room looking over the main road, whereas others have commented that rooms at the rear were disturbed by refuse collectors, I had no experience of this.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear XOGM,

Thank you for your lovely comments about our location and hotel, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights in this hotel....excellent location...the staff were brilliant... our room was not ready when we arrived as they had decided to move us upstairs to another room 'as we were staying a couple of nights'' - we didn't understand why-perhaps it was because of the ladies complaint about ground floor rooms but we left our luggage and went down to the bar for a meal....we decided to go for the festive menu as we were starving- We apparently were the first to have it (1st December first day of the menu)...It was beautiful-smoked salmon starter- ,breads and dipping oils/butter.....we chose Turkey and roast veg and then a gorgeous Xmas pudding...all beautifully cooked and presented and HOT !!!.Some lovely choices of all courses- it was hard to choose.. The staff at reception were friendly, very helpful- offering us maps of the area and any info we may need just ask.. and very professional....the girl in the bar was the same and went out of her way to advise us where to visit....The room was excellent and short of nothing- we usually take our own pillows as I am so fussy and cant sleep on any others and don't usually sleep well anyway- We forgot to bring them - I slept like a baby- needed and alarm !! I left a note asking for extra tea bags...they were all waiting for us.. We didn't know the Christmas Markets were on until we arrived...what a treat all round- I love visiting Manchester..Arora is nowmy preferred destination from now on....Thank you to all and A Merry Christmas to you all

Room Tip: Taking note of the previous review probably ask for a none ground floor room. We experienced no noise whatsoever on the second floor.

Dear Sue

Thank you for such a lovely review i am delighted to hear you had such a wonderful stay and you enjoyed the food in our restaurant. Merry Christmas to you and we look forward to welcoming you in the new year.

Kin regards

Reviewed December 6, 2013

cannot believe we got this for less than £70 . Clean comfortable large room with TWO king sized beds. Very convenient for town centre and only 10 mins from Piccadilly. Friendly and helpful staff ensured a very pleasant but short stay. Good cocktail bar attached to the hotel

Hi Msykes,

Thanks for the great review we look forward to welcoming you back in the new year.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

There are many good things about this hotel such as the location, it is clean and the bed is very comfortable, could do with an offer of extra pillows tho. However, I did have a problem there since I and my child were put in a room on the ground floor and it was a weekend. Seems there is a very loud bar right under the rooms and as much as I usually love disco, I go to a hotel to sleep. After a couple of hours of trying to sleep and putting the one pillow over my head, I called reception and they said they would try to get them to lower the music. This did not happen and a half an hour later I tried calling reception again but this time they did not pick up at all. I went to have a chat with them and the offhand replies really upset me and to my great shame I lost my temper when the night manager Helen came over to try and assist. Again Helen, I am sorry. But that nights sleep was totally ruined by the noise and made for a lousy next day as well. Helen did move me the next day and we got a quiet room and I am thankful for that. I just dont understand why they would put anyone at all in the rooms on the ground floor. If you run a hotel, you would expect people to want to sleep, if you run a nightclub, you expect people to want to party and be loud and the two dont go together. My next pet problem is charging for internet. I just dont get why a handful of hotels still do this to this day. Very annoying and petty. And since we had to pay, all G3 were cut off as well.We also had a difficult time using our phones while in the room, I dont know why this was. Next, the shower was pretty tricky to start and the flow was all over the place, they really should replace the shower heads/taps in the rooms. Both showers were the same in my rooms.
The staff were lovely tho and since they sorted out my problem, I will definatly go again and stay and just know not to accept ground floor rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lisa026

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking time to write a review your feedback is most important to us. I am sorry to hear your first night was disturbed due to an isolated incident of load noise from the bar; however I do believe the night team were sympathetic and resolved the issue quickly as possible. Extra pillows are always available and will forward your comments regarding internet to our head office. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future for what I guarantee will be an undisturbed stay.