“Excellent Central Hotel.”

Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Excellent Central Hotel.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed for one night at this hotel, check in was quick, room was large, with all the usual amenities, WI fi is free for 30 minutes then a fiver for 24 hours. Room was clean, and bed comfortable. No ITV on television, unable to watch Coronation Street, in its home city. (reception said they would sort it, but didn't). Breakfast was buffet style and excellent choice of food. We ate in the hotel restaurant at night, the meal was excellent, staff were excellent, and the price was reasonable and on a par with Manchester City Center prices. Would definitely stay here again, and would definitely eat in the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Keith S
Martin J, General Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Smith553_56

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and your experience in our bar and restaurant. I have just been informed that there was some testing of 4G in Manchester which affected some freeview services sorry for the inconvenience but out of our control.

Martin Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed in the double family rooms and were a large group, as we were coming to attend a wedding, our check in was quite late, but the receptionists were both very fresh, helpfull and with an outstanding professionalism.the hotel has an excellent location , right at the centre of the city.the room was very coosy, spotless, and being a retired housekeeper I could say that the spot check was worth at least 100.all the staff were really quick to attend to our needs, and always with an excellent costumer service.we will all definitely come back, and we surely recomend this hotel either for a couple's romantic break, family weekend, or after a fun's night out in manchester with friends.keep up the good work...

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Guina1
Martin J, General Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Cidia S

Once in the profession you still keep checking! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here and i look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

MartinJones
MVR55
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed 1 night at this hotel - well almost a night, we had to check out at 4am due to an early flight. Room was for 2 adults and 2 children, nice large room, with everything you would expect. Spacious bathroom, which was very clean. Friendly and helpful reception and bar staff. Good location for the city centre - shopping, restaurants etc all within a few minutes walk. I would stay again and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi MVR55

Thanks for the great review hopefully you can stay longer next time.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

6 mins walk from Manchester piccadilly, plenty of places to go and eat within a 5 minute walk radius.
I ate at the restaurant you definitely need to go a 2 course meal as the main meals arent to filling but are are full of flavor. They had a good selection of wines but only a limited few by the glass.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Jusinm83

Thank you for taking time to write a review we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and your experience in our bar and restaurant.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

this hotel looks to have high hopes from the entrance however does not live up to expectations. Rooms are very basic, meals on offer even more so. If you are relying on room service after a hard day's work then think again. Bar food is basic, not a good range and not a comfortable feeling for a lone traveller.
There are far better hotels at the same rates within 2 mins of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ibif
Dear ibif,

Thank you for taking time to write a review your feedback is extremely important to us; i was most suprised to read your comments, we offer a full range of hot and cold dishes on both our room service and bar menus i am sorry that you didnt find anything to your taste.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for three nights in Aug which was Manchester pride weekend. When I first booked this hotel the distance from the village was the main point for me as getting round at pride can be a bit tricky.

Firstly we could park right in front of the hotel. Made checking our bags from the car very painless. We arrived very in the morning even though our room wasnt ready the lady who let us check in took our bags and kept them in a luggage room. The hotel was clean cool and very modern looking. Small seating area at recpetion was clean and tied into the decor very well.

Once we finally checked into our room we were greeted by a very lovely man with a big trolley and took all our bags and extra bags (shoes amongst other stuff!) up for us. Which meant we could concentrate on finding our room. On arriving into our room I found it to be very spacious light and cool. Air con was working and quiet. Out bathroom and room was Immaculate. Bathroom was large enough to accommodate two people at one time but being a party of three girls we took turns. Now the shower needs to mentioned on its own. There is nothing worse then having a shower with no power. This shower was not only powerful it was the reason we all left our room late on going out for a night it was amazing!!

As for the staff and other areas of the hotel such as the bar they all were very helpful and cheerful and couldn't do enough for you. I can not fault this hotel at all apart from the having to pay for wifi. For the price of the room it should be free simple. You can't even use your data because the signal is very hard to keep.

Apart from that our stay here was out standing and made our weekend very pleasurable.

Many thanks to all that we spoke to and dealt with.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Christine8130
Martin J, General Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hi Christine,

Thank you for taking time to write a review we are delighted you enjoyed your stay, it is nice to hear the team went the extra mile to ensure you enjoyed your weekend.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here for 2 night for the August Bank Holiday (Sat - Monday). First night was really good, was able to check in 4 hours early at 10am which was a real Bonus! The room was clean, Modern and smelt good. The room was on the ground floor (which the receptionist did warn me about) and was fine. I was a bit worried about noise, but i think the room backed onto an office car park, or the staff car park. The only time I ever heard noise was when the staff went out for a Cigarette, which for a City Centre is good! The only thing I did find strange was no spare pillows in the room, I cant remember the last time I stayed in a hotel that didn't do this! I asked for 2 more at reception, and they brought them up to the room about 20 mins later.

The second night.... not so good. We arrived back at the room at about 11pm, and went straight to sleep, at 03:54 the fire alarm sounded, I have never heard anything so loud in my life! Obviously scared the life out of me and my partner when being woken by that! I know that fire alarms are sensitive for a number of reasons, and I know they are there for guest safety (I Worked in hotels for 5 year's as a receptionist) but I still think its just common courtesy to apologise to your guests for the 'Disruption' upon checkout. This wasn't the case. Because of this I more than likely wont be returning here, if I had have had an apology I more then likely would, but its not left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

I mean, how much effort does an apology cost from a member of staff, with a full on customer service role?

Good hotel Arora, but not so good customer service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Martin J, General Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Fluffy_pet

Thank you for taking time to write a review your feedback is extremely important to us. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel to your liking, but most disappointed that you experienced a rare incident whereby you found yourself to be disturbed by other guests falsely activating the fire alarm, please be assured that incidents such as you endured are very rare here at the Arora.
I am most surprised the team did not offer you an apology and I will address this with the Front of House Manager. On behalf of the team and the hotel please accept my personal apologies for any shortcomings.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future.