“Perfectly positioned”

Arora Hotel Manchester
Ranked #18 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in mid Jan for a football match and found the hotel to have everything you'd want. Good breakfast, late bar, comfy and well sized rooms and very friendly staff. It's best feature I'd say though is its location. Literally minutes from Deansgate one way and Piccadilly in the other, so it's perfectly positioned for all the bars/shops/restaurants on Deansgate/Market St/Northern Quarter. And I'm sure not many hotels in Manchester can offer that.

• Stayed: January 2013
Martin J, General Manager at Arora Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comments i am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,657)

Reviewed January 25, 2013

On my one night trip out of London I found this hotel on a very convinient location in central Manchester. The price was ok and the beds must say are really good, very confi. Unfortunately, i forgot my pajama and a t-shirt in the bathroom by mistake and when i got to back to London to following night i sent them an e-mail to let them know and to see how i could get those items back. Two days later and no response, so I tried again. Finally next day i got a reply from Housekeeping telling me that they have nothing on the system about a pajama and t-shirt and that she would ask again. On a second mail she confirms that my items are gone! I replied that last message thanking her for taking the time as nobody else in the hotel did, but i also pointed out my disappointement as i really liked my CK pajamas..Not only until i sent this third mail i finally got the Front Desk Manager's attention but only to insinuate that i probably misplaced those items somewhere else and to wish me good luck!! I only spent one night out of London!! Anyhow, the whole experience was vey disappointing because the room is really ok but the service and the way they engage with guests was very very poor. At the end i did not get my items back nor i got any apoligies from the hotel. Bad experience. I would not recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed with work, very nice room with a big comfortable bed. The room was in a good location and very clean. I would recommend that you book your breakfast the night before as it brings the price down, I also had my breakfast in the room which made getting ready easier. The decor was nice and simple although possibly a bit lacking in style. The staff were we're very polite and made a big effort. This was the second time I had stayed, and I would not hesitate to stay again

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in a premier king room for 4 nights.
The room was large and very comfortable. the curtains blocked out the light and the windows the noise so we had a good night's sleep. Breakfast and breakfast staff were excellent. if you order breakfast the night before, you get a big discount. We had a problem with the safe in the room, and were seen to promptly. The location was superb. in walking distance to all the shops, so no problem returning parcels and going out again. opposite manchester art gallery. right next to the tram that we took to visit friends in altrincham. would definitely go again. note that you have to pay for internet.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The location is good. The service is great. Staff friendly. Room clean quiet and comfortable. In fact the bed was very comfortable indeed. I had breakfast in my room, which costs an extra £5, but thought this was worth it. Very good breakfast, wide choice, proper sausages! The decor is very sleek and stylish, but I have to say that the place felt a little soulless . I prefer a bit more character. Having said this I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: My room was on the 5th floor at the side of the building. Nice view over the rooftops and view of th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2013

we have stayed at the Arora twice in the past 2 years. Very good hotel in a very good location for theatres, shopping and restaurants.
The staff are very helpful and the breakfast is excellent!
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Short trip to Manchester to visit relatives. Statyed 2 nights (26th & 27 Dec 2012) at the Arora Hotel. What great choice of hotel. Can't praise this place highly enough. Very modern. Spotlessly clean. Great price including breakfast. Fantastic location on Princess street for all bars, restaurants, shps, etc in the city Centre abd onyz a few yards to the nearest tram station. The rooms are very spacious and well equipped. Modern, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was exceptional. Every conceivable option. From cerals, to pastries to a full english. Fab. Excellent bar and restaurant. Decent little gym also. There's alot of choice of hotels in Manchester. This is the best we;ve been to. Top value for money. Won't hesitate in coming back on our next visit. Thanks

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple