“Best authentic Indian food in Manchester”

Sanskruti Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 2,345 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I'm a fussy Indian diner - I like my food to be just right in terms of originality, taste, texture, consistency, spices, presentation and appeal. And also value for money.

I'm happy to say that Sanskruti ticked all my preferences. Arguably, the best INDIAN restaurant in Manchester.

3  Thank Vinay J

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal at the Sanskruti which was packed out particularly with Indian diners, a recommendation in itself. The menu is huge which can be a bit overwhelming but we all chose different dishes and everything we ate was delicious. Only minor point being that the temperature of the food could have been hotter. Service was warm and friendly. We will definitely go back.

3  Thank Sally H
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Such a joy to find such an excellent restaurant in such an unlikely location - tucked away in a Manchester suburb.
The service was genuinely interested, sensitive and helpful and the food beautifully prepared. I liked the fact that the menu was authentically Indian - which is unusual regrettably.

1  Thank Ambrose G
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I've eaten twice in the past six months, both times on birthdays and both times the food and service have been top notch. the food is really well prepared and extremely tasty and the service is welcoming friendly - highly recommended

2  Thank DJHare1963
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I've been here twice now, once with a friend and the other time with family. Both visits were on a weekday night so it wasn't too busy (it can look quite busy at the weekend).

The first time my friend and I both opted for the vegan thali - we got rice, 3 roti, 3 starter pieces and 3 small dishes of different curries (one chickpea, one aubergine and potato and a lentil dish) all for £7.99! Such good value for tasty food that leaves you satisfied - just the right amount. With half a pint and a glass of wine the bill came to £20 overall.

On the second visit I took my partner and my dad for a midweek meal and bigged up how good it was. They weren't disappointed (even my partner who barely goes a meal without eating meat!). This time we had poppadoms with a pickle tray (which stayed there the whole meal - usually I get annoyed when other restaurants whisk it away after the starters but we got to sample the tasty chutneys with our mains too). I wanted the masala dosa for starter but unfortunately this was not in stock so the waiter made a suggestion to have the uttapam which was yummy! The mains were equally as nice along with a portion of rice and two types of roti. The food is not at all greasy which you often get with Asian food. The menu is also quite extensive so it can be hard to pick something but great for trying new things! Along with 2 drinks each, it came to around £50 which is not bad at all!

I'll definitely be returning - it's too tempting when it's just around the corner! Great find.

1  Thank vineyard13