“Relaxed atmosphere for peaceful drinks”
Review of Montpellier's - CLOSED

Montpellier's
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tacos & Tequila!! El Taquero is Manchester first Taqueria. Located in the heart of the Northern Quarter. Vibrant, fresh and Authentic.
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I have been here twice now. Once with my friend and once with my bf.

When I came with my friend we loved the setting, layout and service. Unfortunately we came for cocktails and for the cost I would say they were lacking in flavour and seemed watered down.

The other time I came for food and drink with my partner. Unfortunately again I wouldn't rate the food but the beer and wine where great.

I would recommend this as a placed to go for a lovely drink with friends. Despite the issues with some of my orders I do still really like the environment. The atmosphere is calm and friendly which is hard to find in the city centre but would always order a mixer, wine or beer. Unless cocktail menus or food menu improves wouldn't recommend those two elements - soggy chips & watery cocktails :(

Craig D, Owner at Montpellier's, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hi Lilly,

Thank you for leaving us a review. It's always nice to hear feedback both good and bad as it helps us develop as a company.

Firstly my apologies for both the watery cocktails and the soggy chips, both big faux pas here at Montpellier's.

I'll make you a deal... the next time you are in seek out myself, i'll throw down the gauntlet that i'll not pass a bad cocktail over the bar, but if your not satisfied, it's on me!

As for the chips, we are working tirelessly to get these right every time, unfortunately to date we have had the odd issue on busy services. It's high on our agenda to rectify this as there is nothing better than a crispy and fluffy chip!

Regards,

Craig.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Located in Back Turner St in the Northern Quarter, this is a nice retreat for watching football. Decent set up with a big screen downstairs and a few tv's dotted around. Food I would also recommend. The Steak burger & potato wedges was a really tasty filler. First time for a lot of my mates as well and they all said its a beaut! Defo come again.

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your review...
It's always nice to get feedback as its really the only way we can gauge where we are going right and where we are going wrong.

I'm very happy to hear you had a good experience with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Craig.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had an absolutely brilliant Christmas meal here. 31 Christmas meals (starter, main and dessert) all on the table quickly with no one left waiting. The girls who served us at the bar and at our tables could not have been nicer. The cocktails that were ordered were all excellent and although they took a little bit of time to prepare it was because they were being made with care. All the staff went the extra mile which must not be easy when dealing with a large (and fairly tipsy) group. The down stairs room is a great space and just the right size for us.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Went there with some colleagues for a work do last night and have to say I probably expected something a little bit more.
We'd rented the whole space downstairs and right from the start, waiters were seating other people from the bar/restaurant upstairs there too. A bit inconsiderate, but the mistake was soon pointed out.
The food served was more in the range of nibbles than food. There were big platters with small pieces of cheese and a good assortment of jams and spreads, then bruschettas with steak (that's a new one on me) and little more. Again, a bit disappointing.
The atmosphere was ok, it got really warm downstairs, maybe some fans would help, especially in the case of big groups. Also, prices are a bit on the high for what we are normally used to. A large glass of wine is £5.20.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

A friend organised this for a group of 6-8 of us to meet up for a meal and a chat. Having read the reviews I was a little concerned. However the service we received was excellent and all of us thought the food was good. It was hot, well cooked and tasty. 4 people had the early bird menu and 2 of us had chosen from the a la carte. The vegetarian option on the Early Bird Menu was deemed a success. Staff visited the table regularly to ensure we had all we needed.