“shocking service”

Grand Pacific
Ranked #88 of 2,435 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our homage to the golden age of high society, where deep rhythmic baselines writhe through the air and sweet botanicals tantalise the senses. A mysterious exotic oasis splashed with eastern excitement and seasoned with echoes of empire. Open from 12 noon with a range of dining options all day, Grand Pacific very much looks forward to making your acquaintance.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Met up with some friends here for late lunch and drinks. Love the decor, lovely seating area , nice and relaxing very comfortable with cushions. We ordered some cocktails while waiting for our table as you cant reserve a table. The cocktails are fab unusual flavours we had an asian mary it was lush. We were then shown to our table, I asked if we could order some drinks she told us she would send someone over. 15 minutes later still no one came to take our order, the drinks waiter however did attend the table near us 3 times asking if they wanted more drinks and returned to see if they were sure they did not want any more drinks. I went to the bar and ordered our own drinks!! Then the lady gave us serviettes and cuttlery and no menu, 20 minutes later we realised the menu s were on other tables.
We ordered food that arrived promptly and was delicious.. good job as we had been here 2 hours by now and had a few drinks.
Would I return ?? maybe for a drink but only as i was passing.
Service was the worst ive ever had!!
Over-rated!!
Funny thing was the young pretty girls that the waiter was giving all his attention to did a runner without paying.... karma ha

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife and I decided to try out the Grand Pacific for Saturday lunch - nice location and friendly staff. We asked our waiter for recommendations and he was very helpful however the food was pretty tasteless and for what it was pretty pricey - not a place to which I would return and made to look very poor by our superb experience at Mr Cooper's later that evening which was in a completely different class.

1  Thank ASW090164
Reviewed July 27, 2014

On our first visit on a warm Saturday evening, we were initially impressed by the surroundings. We got ourselves a drink at the bar, the bar staff were great no problem. We managed to get a table on the terrace area. After finishing our first drink's we were trying to get another from the four waiters who were working in the area. They were to busy chatting amongst them selves to notice, after waiting 15-minutes my wife approached one of the waiters and asked could he take our drinks orders to which he replied' I will send a waiter over (hello you are a waiter) after a further 15-minutes the waiter who was first approached started to clear tables and we asked again for our drinks order which he took. After another 20 minutes they had not arrived so we got up and walked out and found a bar where they were more than happy to let us spend our money and serve us. The servers should have name badges and I would have reported them to Living ventures. Worst service I have ever experienced, won't be returning, absolute disgrace.

2  Thank ManchesterRaven
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Started off a bit shaky, with a few dirty tables with reserved signs on and a sort of "go away pesky customers" vibe... when we tried to ask the waiter something, he stormed past as if we were invisible! As we have been walking around for a while, decided to just sit down on one of the dirty tables and see what happens.

Comes forward a lovely manageress (assume so, as she was in a floral dress) and tidies a bit of our table, then comes a blonde guy with a beard (not the huffy puffy ignoring us earlier) and just blows us away!! He recommended drinks, offered to tweak mine (not once, twice!!) to my liking and was generally really brilliant at what he did. We ended up having something to eat too, as were made feel just so comfortable and relaxed, we didn't want to leave.

Well done Grand Pacific, see you on a next Manchester visit!!

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Came to sample the cocktails with my boyfriend the other night and it was a wonderful evening, our waiter Sam, was perfectly charming and gave us as much information as he could on any cocktails/spirits and even went out of his way to ask the bartenders whether they could make me a specific drink. It's always nice when a waiter has an idea about spirits and can give advice.