“we used to really like it”
Review of Gourmet Burger Kitchen - CLOSED

Gourmet Burger Kitchen
Cuisines: American, European, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“we used to really like it”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

What a shame. Get a winning formula, good food, great service, good value. Now spoil it. Take away the service. Go order your food at the counter like a take away. Now change the menu so that the vegetarians are miffed. Now charge at least as much. We went to the Didsbury one before and after the silent relaunch . Now we don't go to GBK at all.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank JarvisMrMrs

“Expensive for not the best quality”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Went on a tuesday evening and i had a selection of sliders whilst the wife had a don burger. My burgers were quite bland, no seasoning had gone into the burgers, the skinny fries were a bit soggy although the onion rings were delicious and crisp. The wife said her burger was a bit bland to and the bun was not very nice. I understand that a burger is only a burger but the prices they charge they should be better. £3.70 for a 330 ml bottle of san miguel is just daylight robbery to be honest. Not the best eating out experience but certainly not the worst either

Paris
“Amazing Burgers and Location”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Went here with a few friends from a society. I hadn't been to this part of Manchester and I must say I was very impressed with the architecture around and the canal which you could see from the restaurant. If you are a student, you get 30% off provided you have a smartphone. Try the skinny fries, which are specific to GBK. This place is quite pricey but if you manage to get the discount, then it is worth going.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Peace & quiet”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was my first time visiting Gourmet Burger Kitchen. We visited at 2pm and was very surprised at home quite the restaurant was, there was only one other couple there. I personally don’t enjoy sitting in a restaurant with hundreds of people I do prefer peace and quiet, so this was ideal for me! If I am able to get here at this time again, I definitely will.

Unfortunately I do not remember the name of the lady that served us but she was delightful. Very attentive as I hadn’t been to the GBK before so she explained the menu excellently, but she wasn’t too much or too in your face. I had a very nice chicken burger with chunky chips and lemonade, which was part of the lunch time deal. (12-5pm if I remember correctly) so unfortunately if you’re visiting in peak times you will pay more but that is what I love about GBK, it is so cheap!

I also quite like the décor of the restaurant and how modern it is. I cannot comment on the bathroom as I didn’t visit it. At GBK you have to order your own food, which I still find strange… (Identical to Nandos) but as I said earlier it was very quiet so there was no queuing. Complimentary water is also a bonus too. Drawing the review to an end I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and will be back again, quite soon hopefully as the food is lovely.

rossendale, England, United Kingdom
“very expensive for what you get”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Food is ok but lets not forget its just a burger so where do you get your prices from? Yes they look nice but you dont get much for your money. Wont be going back fine for a once off visit.

• Visited February 2013