“We couldn't ask for more!”

The Place Aparthotel
Ranked #52 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at The Place for our annual conference last year and had a great service. Following this I decided to organise my sister's hen weekend in Manchester and stay at The Place.
Firstly this is a great location for anyone travelling as it is a 2 minute walk from Picadilly station. With a cool décor and vibe -the exposed brickwork and Atrium in the reception - made this an ideal place for our weekend stay.
The staff could not do enough for us and not only provided an early check in as requested but they also unpacked the shopping we had pre-delivered to the apartment! The porter carried all of our bags in (and there was a lot!). The apartments have everything you need in terms of space and facilities.
We hired 2 standard rooms, one family room and one deluxe room , all of which were immaculate.
If I could add some constructive feedback for the hotel, the only thing I would recommend is to have one hairdryer per room rather than one per apartment. I also thought the breakfast could have been better stocked but the food was delicious and worth the wait.
I would definitely recommend these apartments for anyone staying in Manchester and I am sure I will return in the future.

Room Tip: If there are a large party of you staying at the apartments, I would definitely recommend getting on...
1  Thank Sarah C
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thak you for your great review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcome you again when you return to manchester.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked this hotel for my birthday on the basis we have stayed at other Apartment Hotels before and have enjoyed the experience. When we arrived, we were allocated a room, 107, where a wedding was taking place right outside our apartment. We could actually see the wedding party from the windows looking out of the living room, which meant we had to have the blinds down the whole time. The floors were dirty and the bathroom must have been recently resealed and smelt very strongly of sealant. The information advised we would have bathrobes however they were no where to be seen, the whole apartment was dated and was in need of re-painting.
The absolute worst part was having another guest enter our apartment at 1:30am advising he had been allocated our room. We had all our personal belongings, phones, cards, cash in the apartment which clearly could have been stolen. Receptions answer to this was that a booking error had been made and the person originally had our room but had been moved and the system wasn't updated. The person was very drunk and the situation could have easily turned nasty. We couldn't sleep for the rest of the night wondering who was going to turn up next. We were offered a 10% discount on our next stay as compensation. Needless to say, I wouldn't stay again if you paid me. We went to breakfast the next morning and found we had been locked out of our room upon our return. One disappointment after another. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lauren D

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay and would like to apologise for the mistake on our side. We have been in contact and hope to find a satisfactory solution so we can regain your faith in The Place.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed as a group of five girls for two nights in August 2013. We had use of a two bedroom apartment for the two nights we were staying in Manchester and what an apartment it was! At reception we were given lots of great advice for the surrounding area and they helped with any questions we had.

The apartments are lovely - spacious living area, large double beds and great facilities. There was a lot of cupboard space in the kitchen and lots of useful utensils and various kitchen bits to help make your stay more homey and pleasant (even a dishwasher!). We all had a good nights sleep, even with the windows open as not noisy from the road as i expected and the beds were extremely comfortable. One of the bedrooms had an en-suite as well as a main bathroom which is very handy when there is five girls getting ready for a night out! Also they have a cupboard with a small washing machine in, iron and ironing board and various appliances so there are plenty of facilities available from the comfort of your apartment.

There are some small convenience shops within a few minutes walk if you need to get any extras but there is a Tescos Express with everything you may need within a five minute walk so no need to worry about driving to get anything you may need. Cabs across the city seem to be cheap as everything is quite close by. We parked in the underground carpark facility which is £9 a night charge but very secure. Manchester Piccadilly train station is just round the corner so this is very handy if you are visiting from out of town.

This is a great location and a great apartment and would definitely recommend anyone who is considering staying here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your great review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I booked the best apt. They call it penthouse in the 7 th floor .the apartment is spacious and excellent for family but ,unfortunately the penthouse furniture is old and the wooden floors is not in good shape ,the most important thing it has no AC .we are lucky that we have a terrace we can open and utilize.the worst thing in the hotel is the house keeping of the rooms they come late and they never complete the job I have to complain to the front desk to have my room cleaned.the room service takes very long time to get the orders therefor it is recommended to eat out side and get the groceries from nearby mini market .

Room Tip: None all the rooms has no view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. We have taken your comments into consideration however, please note that all our apartments and Penthouses have recently been refurbusihed with brand new furniture. Penthouse have also been refurbished with new patio furniture. We hope to welcome you again when you return to Manchester.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here as a group of 4 to watch the cricket. We had two x two bedroom apartments and all agreed that the hotel was perfect for trips away for groups to businessmen on travel who want a lounge.

I appreciate that the building has no air con as mentioned by other reviewers but nor does around 95% of the UK properties that I have stayed in.

The rooms were spacious, it was a blessing to have two bathrooms in a two bedroom apartment and the lobby and outside of hotel is very nice. The location is also very handy for trains and trams.

I am not sure if I would return with my family as I guess if staying for more than 3 days you could get a cottage but if going back to the cricket then I would definitely look at returning!

Room Tip: Look at getting 2 bed apartments as the extra cost to avoid sharing was worth it to us.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Another business trip requiring an overnight stay in Manchester.
At first glance, from the outside, I was wondering why I had booked this apart hotel. Once inside I was reassured the foyer looked classy. I booked in and went up to my room on the first floor. On stepping out of the lift I couldn't believe my eyes. The was a small pool with fountains and palm trees, had the lift taken me to another dimension?
My apartment overlooked the palm trees. Inside I discovered I had a lounge, full kitchen, dining area, bedroom, bathroom, and utility room. In fact I could quite happily have moved in permanently.
The room and hotel had many historic features retained from when the building was a warehouse at the end of the nineteenth century. The mixture of old brickwork, huge iron beams, and towering iron columns with the modern apartments and fittings has to be seen.
The hotel suited my needs in being walking distance from the train station and the city centre.
Breakfast was a very high standard.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your great review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed in the apartment as part of a hen party, a lovely building with large spacious apartments unfortunately there was no air conditioning and our window wouldn't open when I asked a member of staff about the air conditioning, they explained that it's not possible to install it as the building is listed they offered us another fan which we were grateful for. I found the staff very helpful and polite always happy to help. The linen on the beds was stained from age as they were clean and the bathroom wanted replacing the shower tray had been very well used but was clean, I would stay again, as it's so central and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and your comments about the team. we have taken your comments into consideration and hope to see you again in a near future.