“Great Apartment”

Ranked #44 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
London, United Kingdom
“Great Apartment”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed as a group of five girls for two nights in August 2013. We had use of a two bedroom apartment for the two nights we were staying in Manchester and what an apartment it was! At reception we were given lots of great advice for the surrounding area and they helped with any questions we had.

The apartments are lovely - spacious living area, large double beds and great facilities. There was a lot of cupboard space in the kitchen and lots of useful utensils and various kitchen bits to help make your stay more homey and pleasant (even a dishwasher!). We all had a good nights sleep, even with the windows open as not noisy from the road as i expected and the beds were extremely comfortable. One of the bedrooms had an en-suite as well as a main bathroom which is very handy when there is five girls getting ready for a night out! Also they have a cupboard with a small washing machine in, iron and ironing board and various appliances so there are plenty of facilities available from the comfort of your apartment.

There are some small convenience shops within a few minutes walk if you need to get any extras but there is a Tescos Express with everything you may need within a five minute walk so no need to worry about driving to get anything you may need. Cabs across the city seem to be cheap as everything is quite close by. We parked in the underground carpark facility which is £9 a night charge but very secure. Manchester Piccadilly train station is just round the corner so this is very handy if you are visiting from out of town.

This is a great location and a great apartment and would definitely recommend anyone who is considering staying here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your great review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I booked the best apt. They call it penthouse in the 7 th floor .the apartment is spacious and excellent for family but ,unfortunately the penthouse furniture is old and the wooden floors is not in good shape ,the most important thing it has no AC .we are lucky that we have a terrace we can open and utilize.the worst thing in the hotel is the house keeping of the rooms they come late and they never complete the job I have to complain to the front desk to have my room cleaned.the room service takes very long time to get the orders therefor it is recommended to eat out side and get the groceries from nearby mini market .

Room Tip: None all the rooms has no view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. We have taken your comments into consideration however, please note that all our apartments and Penthouses have recently been refurbusihed with brand new furniture. Penthouse have also been refurbished with new patio furniture. We hope to welcome you again when you return to Manchester.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed here as a group of 4 to watch the cricket. We had two x two bedroom apartments and all agreed that the hotel was perfect for trips away for groups to businessmen on travel who want a lounge.

I appreciate that the building has no air con as mentioned by other reviewers but nor does around 95% of the UK properties that I have stayed in.

The rooms were spacious, it was a blessing to have two bathrooms in a two bedroom apartment and the lobby and outside of hotel is very nice. The location is also very handy for trains and trams.

I am not sure if I would return with my family as I guess if staying for more than 3 days you could get a cottage but if going back to the cricket then I would definitely look at returning!

Room Tip: Look at getting 2 bed apartments as the extra cost to avoid sharing was worth it to us.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.
Spain
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Another business trip requiring an overnight stay in Manchester.
At first glance, from the outside, I was wondering why I had booked this apart hotel. Once inside I was reassured the foyer looked classy. I booked in and went up to my room on the first floor. On stepping out of the lift I couldn't believe my eyes. The was a small pool with fountains and palm trees, had the lift taken me to another dimension?
My apartment overlooked the palm trees. Inside I discovered I had a lounge, full kitchen, dining area, bedroom, bathroom, and utility room. In fact I could quite happily have moved in permanently.
The room and hotel had many historic features retained from when the building was a warehouse at the end of the nineteenth century. The mixture of old brickwork, huge iron beams, and towering iron columns with the modern apartments and fittings has to be seen.
The hotel suited my needs in being walking distance from the train station and the city centre.
Breakfast was a very high standard.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you soon again.
Brecon, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed in the apartment as part of a hen party, a lovely building with large spacious apartments unfortunately there was no air conditioning and our window wouldn't open when I asked a member of staff about the air conditioning, they explained that it's not possible to install it as the building is listed they offered us another fan which we were grateful for. I found the staff very helpful and polite always happy to help. The linen on the beds was stained from age as they were clean and the bathroom wanted replacing the shower tray had been very well used but was clean, I would stay again, as it's so central and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and your comments about the team. we have taken your comments into consideration and hope to see you again in a near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Me and my husband stayed here last night and we had a fantastic time. Apartment was fresh and spacious....
NOW FOR THE FOOD.....
The starter of tomato soup was to die for, Excellent flavors and great seasoning. Was a lovely start to the meal.
The main course of chicken was nothing short of perfect. Moist, well seasoned and worked a treat with the potato and gravy........

We had a great day with great food and great people. I will be back next month.........10 out of 10

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your terrific review. I am please to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our food menu. I hope to welcome you again soon.
Huddersfield
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We wanted a romantic weekend for two in the Center of Manchester what we got was a wedding ever day and hen parties every where no privacy, no aircon, no bath !!!!! A dirty apartment that was dark very hot and pokey. Id isn't like the security gurd type attitude were you had to prove you were saying at the hotel before they let you back in at night it was seedy.

Room Tip: The two bed apartments are very gloomy it's not worth it stay in a hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katie s
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience. I am sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. The Place is a very busy city centre venue and at week-ends, many guests come to Manchester to experience the city's busy night life. Families and guests looking for a more relaxing week-end or a leisure break also choose to stay at The Place. The Place is also privileged to be the preferred wedding venue of couples looking to get married in the city centre. We, however, operate a strict no party policy and strive to ensure that all our guests enjoy their stay with us, which is why licenced doormen will ensure there are no visitors in the hotel after 11pm and deal with disruptive behaviour. I hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your faith in The Place when you return to Manchester.