“My wonderful wedding day at the Place”

The Place Aparthotel
Ranked #44 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“My wonderful wedding day at the Place”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I love the Place! I got married here in September and cannot rate the staff highly enough. Jade my wedding coordinator was brilliant, she was always available to speak to and sat through countless meetings whilst I tried to make my mind up about food or seating plans etc. Nothing was too much trouble.

The food, the decor, the way the staff liaised with us during our day I could not have asked for better.

Our penthouse was bright, spacious and clean and when we returned to our room as man and wife we found a bouquet of flowers and champagne on ice as a wedding present from the hotel.

I had many comments from my guests about how much they enjoyed our wedding breakfast. If you are looking for a modern wedding venue in the heart of the City Centre then this is the Place to be!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ian H, Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. It's been a great pleasure to host your wedding. Congratulations and best wishes from all of us at The Place! We wish you great happiness and joy as you and Paul begin your new life together.
All our best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Really enjoyed the spacious layout of the rooms here. They are self contained apartments with bedrooms, kitchen/diner and living room area. Would make perfect sense for families or groups as there is plenty of room. Our room overlooked the canal wharf so there was a bit of a view. The building is an old victorian warehouse and has been tastefully modernised. There is on site parking which is a big bonus. The location is close to the railway and pretty central for nightlife.
Would recommend this place highly and will use it again if I go to Manchester.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and I hope we become your hotel of choice in Manchester.
Dublin
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Impressed with location and size of apt...loved the rooms.but maintenance and cleanliness poor....there were dishes on a tray outside that remained all weekend...from previous occupants I think..the cleaner ignored them! I dont know what actual cleaning they do but in a 4* hotel beds should be made, dishes done etc...the clock didn't work, there was no remote control for one tv , some of the dishes were cracked...the rooms should be thoroughly checked after each guest..plus everyone comments on the heating...turn off some radiators!! And why not provide earplugs for guests and let them know people may party! I would stay again BUT there needs to be more attention to detail that would make this the best place to stay..

• Stayed September 2012
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review. I would like to apologise for the issues you encountered. It seems that our standards slipped on this occasion and I have spoken to my team to investigate these issues and find solutions.

I am glad to hear you will return and I can assure you your comments have been taken seriously.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed here with my sister, daughter and her 2 best friend for 2 nights. In Manchester for my daughter to try on wedding dresses. We were all impressed with the apartment. Comfortable sofas in lounge, good kitchen and the 2 bedrooms each had a bathroom. Shared king size bed with my sister while the girls had a triple room. Much, much better than being stuck in hotel room.Staff friendly and exceptionally helpful. Ate in the bar and the food was excellent. Stay quite often in Manchester and this will now be the first place I look to stay. Convenient location, not far from Piccadilly station or the Arndale centre, yet in a quiet location. The 5 of us agree it was a brilliant place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for the great review. It is always gratifying to read such positive comments. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Melbourne
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are huge, with lots of space to move about allowing you to feel like you're in a home away from home, rather than a cramped hotel room. Great to have kitchen and laundry facilities. Can get noisy when there are parties downstairs.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Place is in a terrific location. Only a few minutes walk from Piccadilly Station, close to other transport links & the main shopping area only around the corner. What adds value is that it is in a much quieter position than other accomodation only a few minutes away. The staff were always friendly, helpful & quick to respond when asked. The apartment was roomy, light & well stocked & furnished.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ian H, General Manager at The Place Aparthotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed September 24, 2012

From arrival onwards the staff here were excellent, although the breakfast staff deserve a 'double excellent' rating, very accomodating, helpful and polite. Management definitely need to single breakfast staff out for the 'employees of the month bonus'!

The whole style and ambience of this location was stunning, the conversion and preservation of this very historical warehouse simply added to the enjoyment. Take a moment to stand in the atrium and enjoy the structure.

We had an apartment on the second floor and this was very spacious, very comfortable, had everything advertised including a i-phone dock that charged my newer i-phone, fab as I forgot my charger. The kitchen facilities were great, bedroom very quiet and plush (we were at the front of the building and experienced no noise whatsoever), the living area was comfortable and spacious.

The location is ideal, basically a short walk to shops, nightlife etc.. Car parking, very easy to find, straight in with no problems.

Unlike many city hotels the Place charges a very fair price for breakfast and evening meals which are a good standard. You actually don't feel you have to be cautious when purchasing extras at the hotel facilities which is quite rare nowadays. I can't recommend this aparthotel
enough, a thoroughly enjoyable stay with very nice people looking after us.

Only dislike was we didn't like having to leave!!

Room Tip: From what I saw of other rooms they're all a very good standard.