“Cocktails”

Long Bar
Ranked #1,393 of 2,432 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Only likes!!! Live DJ local music played both old and new, open to requests. Drinks good value and authentic.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Visited long bar in the summer, either whilst shopping or when watching the tennis.
A good location but the weather has an awful lot to do with how good it is.
To be honest, not sure if this is just a pop-up bar so maybe other reviewers can assist on that one.
The staff are friendly and reasonalby knowledgable about the limited cocktails which they do, however, think the purpose of visiting would be to take advantage of al-fresco drinking, if you want a full on mixologist go to Alchemist.
A nice place to meet up with friends and no doubt will do well over the festive period too when the odd mulled wine may be on the cards.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

a great spot in spinningfields, good atmosphere, its just a shame we can enjoy it properly all year round!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Visited Sunday afternoon - 25/08/13

Venue is great... especially on a nice day. Plenty of (outdoor) seating and a great vibe to the place.

Unfortunately, the shocking service of the bar staff ruins what would / should be a great experience.

I spent 15 minutes (just over actually) waiting to be served! During my time waiting, 2 people who came after me were served before me but I ignored this due to the venue being quite busy. It was only when she attempted to serve a 3rd person before me and that person having the decency to point out I was before them that I mentioned to her the time I had been waiting and the other 2 people who were served first. Rather than the expected apology I should have got, the response from the bar tender was "oh well, I'm here now."

!!!

Then due to her having a laugh and joke with another bar tender while she prepared our drinks, it took nearly a further 5 minutes for her to make and serve me with a simple Brandy & Coke and a Mojito! In total, over 20 minutes from standing at the front of the bar to receiving drinks in my hand!

To be fair, the other staff seemed pretty on the ball and were serving 3 people to each one she did. I was simply unlucky with picking the part of the bar she was serving.

When you visit, make sure to avoid the mixed race lady with the large afro hair. Unless you have valuable time to waste!

** NOTE TO THE MANAGER ** train your staff to open their eyes, take notice of your customers and learn them that a simple apology goes a long way to maintaining your reputation (which is EVERYTHING in this city).

4  Thank MancLad8
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Really enjoyed our recent visit to the Long Bar. It was a warm & sunny Saturday afternoon and after a spot of shopping we decided to head down to Spinningfields to see what was going on and we stumbled upon this excellent oasis in the middle of the city. Deckchairs on the lawn, flat screen TV which was showing the Golf at the time and a chef rustling up amazing burgers at the BBQ. The bar offers beer, wine and a selection of cocktails, they aren't cheap but probably in keeping with other bars in the city. Because it's al fresco the drinks are served in plastic glasses. I'm not sure if this is just a seasonal thing but if it is staying a while I would definitely go back. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and soaking up the sunshine.